6th December 2017, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study ECE or CS after Diploma in Mechanical?

Hi, I have completed my 3 years diploma mechanical course in past 3 years. So, now I plan to study in part time BE, but I'm interested in CS, ECE,course. Is it possible to study?

6th December 2017, 10:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study ECE or CS after Diploma in Mechanical?

No, it is not possible to study ECE or CS after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. To be eligible to study ECE or CS course, you should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related stream from a recognised board. Diploma holders are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.E/ B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process. So, being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing Mechanical Engineering or related stream but, you are not eligible to study ECE or CS course.
6th December 2017, 11:08 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.E in CS/ECE after diploma in mechanical engineering. You can either choose ECE or you can choose CS course depending on your interest. Choose the stream which you feel that you can perform and understand well. After choosing the stream, you have to look for the distance education institutes which are approved by AICTE. As, you want to pursue B.E through distance education, so choose an institute which is approved by UGC and AICTE then only your course will be valuable.
7th December 2017, 01:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my 3 years diploma mechanical course in past 3 years. So, now I plan to study in part time BE, but I'm interested in CS, ECE,course. Is it possible to study?

Sorry, it is not possible to study ECE or CS after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Candidates after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course can study BE or BTech in Mechanical Engineering or Automobile Engineering course. Diploma in Mechanical engineering passed students is admitted to the second year of the engineering course through lateral entry admission. Candidates are admitted to the course through a lateral entry entrance examination. Candidates have to choose the same stream or related stream in engineering graduation after completion of the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
7th December 2017, 01:20 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to study B.E/ B.Tech ECE or CSE course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board or three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course from a Government recognised institute. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, so, you are not eligible to study ECE or CSE course.
8th December 2017, 04:23 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that it is not possible to take admission into B.Tech/B.E ECE or CS after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Candidates those who have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university are eligible to take lateral entry admission directly in 2 year of 4 years B.Tech/B.E course in the relevant stream only.
6th October 2021, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study ECE or CS after Diploma in Mechanical?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?