4th July 2015, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in IIT after completing diploma?

hii i am pursuring as a student of diploma in electronics nand communication.and i am itrested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf enterence exam or onterviews are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  2. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  3. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  4. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  5. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year at IIT after completing ECE Diploma?
  6. Is it possible to take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in IIT after completing diploma? -- [New]
  7. Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering?
  8. Is it possible to get seat in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical?
  9. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  10. How can I get admission in IIT after completing diploma in ECE?
  11. Can I do B.Tech after completing 3 years of diploma?
  12. Diploma holders can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT?
  13. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
  14. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?
  15. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  16. Whether a Diploma holder can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech correspondence?
  17. can I get admission in 2nd year B.Tech computer science after completing my first year BCA? Which exam should I write for admission in B.Tech 2nd year?
  18. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
6th July 2015, 10:29 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in IIT after completing diploma?

You can easily get admission in any of the college in 2nd year after completing your diploma but not in IIT.

As there is no provision for the diploma student.

IIT does not offer admission to the students through Lateral entry.

Only 12th standard pass candidates with PCM subjects can apply for IIT-JEE entrance exam.

This leaves out diploma students. Other Engineering colleges accept diploma students through lateral entry and give them admission directly in the second year of B.Tech course.

So my suggestion to you is that you should go for some other options available for you.

If you have determination to get admission only in IIT then you have to appear in the JEE main exam and try to score as much as you can.

After that you can easily get admission in IIT as per your rank.
6th July 2015, 07:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in IIT after completing diploma?

No, it is not possible to take admission in second year of B.Tech course in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course. No Lateral entry admissions to B.Tech second year are offered by IITs. Only candidates who have pursued 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared and qualified JEE Main and Advance examinations are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT.
7th July 2015, 07:26 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Sorry you are not eligible to get seat in IIT for graduation with Diploma background.

Because the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced exam is mainly based on the science and maths subjects and 12th standard is also based on those science and maths subjects but whereas diploma course is not based on science and maths subjects it is based on the subjects of your stream chosen so diploma candidates cannot apply for the JEE Mains or for JEE Advanced exam.

But you don't worry if you are really interested to do graduation course then you can get seat in the universities or the colleges affiliated to those universities.

For that you have to appear for the entrance test conducted by your state education board.

Qualify the exam with better score so that you will get the better rank.

Then you will be done with the web counselling and here based on your merit list and the colleges your have chosen in web counselling,you will be allotted a college from your selected list of colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?