14th May 2016, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to appear in UPSC exams for Diploma student without studied 12th?

Hello Everyone,
I am a Diploma student on 10th basis of branch Electronics and Communication. Should I appear in UPSC exams after my Diploma without 12th? What is the process for appearing in UPSC exams?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for UPSC exams being a Diploma Computer student on 10th basis?
  2. How to do 12th commerce as a 10th student? I have done diploma engineering
  3. Am i eligible to write UPSC entrance with Diploma qualification?
  4. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams if pursuing B.E. 1st year? Procedure to apply and suitable books to prepare for UPSC exams?
  5. Can I opt for Nanotechnology after passing 12th with computer science?
  6. Whether a candidate studied till 10th standard in Abroad but completed 12th in India is eligible for entrance exams under normal category?
  7. Detailed procedure to apply for UPSC Custom Officer recruitment exam? Coaching classes for preparation in Gandhidham?
  8. What really UPSC is? What to study after 12th for it? What are all exams under UPSC?
  9. Eligibility to apply in UPSC recruitment exams for 12th Science student?
  10. Entrance exams procedure to study Degree in Gujarat for Diploma Electrical student? Ratio of Diploma holders who switch to Degree course?
  11. What is the procedure to be followed for changing school in 12th standard?
  12. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exam for Diploma Mechanical student?
  13. Is it necessary to do diploma after 12th? What is the procedure?
  14. Procedure to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma in ECE student?
  15. What is the procedure to get admission in Tamilnadu government college? I have studied in USA and passed the necessary exams with high rank
  16. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exams for BCA candidate?
  17. Which exams to give after 12th to become a Doctor? Can I give exams of other states? Procedure for writing the exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. When UPSC Custom Officer exam will be held? Details and procedure to apply? Coaching classes for preparation in Gujarat?
16th May 2016, 08:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to appear in UPSC exams for Diploma student without studied 12th?

To be eligible to appear in UPSC examinations, the candidate must have completed Bachelor's degree course or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. 12th passed candidates are eligible to appear only in NDA examination conducted by UPSC. For all the rest of examinations which are conducted by UPSC, you must be a Graduate from a recognised university. So, I suggest you to pursue Graduation course after completion of your Diploma course, so, that you are eligible to apply for UPSC examinations.
16th May 2016, 10:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to appear in UPSC exams for Diploma student without studied 12th?

For diploma holders there is only one exam which UPSC SCRA. You can get a officer job in Indian railway after completing training from railway college through this exam. You need to crack the written and interview for selection.

For UPSC civil services exam you are not eligible. For this exam you need to complete degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
16th May 2016, 11:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for UPSC Examinations on Diploma basis. Yes, you are not eligible as have not met the required eligibility criteria. Here is the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Examinations.

>> The minimum educational qualification basically varies from recruitment examination to examination.

>> For UPSC NDA, SCRA Recruitment's: 12th Class from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern.

>> For UPSC Civil Services, Other exams: The minimum educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

>> As you have done Diploma after 10th Class in the pattern of 10+3 which is not at all allowed. So I suggest you to pursue Bachelor Degree (10+3+3) B.E/ B.Tech in order to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Examination's.

Click here for More Details
17th May 2016, 02:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, if you want to appear for NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice every year then you are not eligible for it.

NDA examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Defence services. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and age limit must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. So being diploma holder you are not eligible for it.

But after diploma and degree ( bachelor ) you will be eligible to appear for examination such as CDS, Civil Services etc. which is conducted by UPSC.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
17th May 2016, 08:07 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility required in order to be eligible to appear for UPSC examination is that a candidate should have completed their graduation from a recognized University wit minimum passing marks.

So, you first of all need to complete your graduation from a recognized University in order to be eligible to appear for the above mentioned examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?