29th February 2016, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in UPSC exam for Diploma Mechanical student?

Hello,
I would like to know that as I am doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, I can appear in UPSC exams or not? Please let me know as soon as possible.

29th February 2016, 07:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in UPSC exam for Diploma Mechanical student?

The minimum educational qualification required to appear in UPSC examination is completion of Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Only for NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC, 12th standard passed candidates are eligible to appear. Since, you have not completed Bachelor's degree course, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in UPSC examination.
29th February 2016, 07:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are talking about UPSC civil services exam then you are not eligible for it because it requires graduation degree in any discipline.

If you are talking about UPSC SCRA exam then surely you can apply for it being a diploma in mechanical engineering holder. Just make sure that age is between 17 to 21 years.
29th February 2016, 10:10 PM
monikasiri

Under Graduation is not considered as education Qualification for UPSC examination.As,Diploma is considered to be an Under Graduation course,you cannot apply for it.

All the Graduates of any stream are eligible to appear for the examination.So,it is suggestible to complete your B.Tech or B.E to apply for the UPSC examination.You can also do open degree if you cannot continue your study with Engineering.
29th February 2016, 10:37 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts many examination so it is tough to give you eligibility for all examination.

But I think you are either interested in NDA or Civil Service Examination. But you are not eligible to appear for any examination.

As for NDA examination diploma candidates are not eligible where as for Civil Service examination minimum required qualification is graduation degree. So, you have to pursue graduation degree to appear for examination.

To have more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th February 2016, 10:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

With diploma as minimum qualification, you are not eligible for any Union Public Service Commission exam. There are so many UPSC exams conducted every year, you will have to pursue bachelor's degree to apply for any exam:

*Civil Services exam.

*Combined Defence Services.

*Central Armed Police Force exam.

Minimum qualification for NDA exam is 10+2.
29th February 2016, 10:57 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. The academic qualification required for UPSC exams are as below:

1. NDA/NA exam:

>>10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board.

Other exams like Civil Services, Combined Defence Services, CAPF, Indian Forest Services exam, Engineering Services require bachelor's degree.

You are not eligible for any UPSC exam at present, you must complete bachelor's degree in any stream for these exam. You can apply for Lateral entry entrance test for B.Tech course then you can apply for these exams.
29th February 2016, 11:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Not much opportunities available for Diploma candidates under UPSC. Since UPSC mainly focused on graduation completed students some times 10+2 completed candidates.

But No 10+3 pattern students. But you can try in your technical side. Or else if you want to go for further studies then definitely B.Tech and M.Tech is the main courses after completion of diploma. With graduation you will be eligible to apply for UPSC Exams.
29th February 2016, 11:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

Diploma candidates are not eligible for any entrance examination conducted by UPSC like NDA exam or Civil Services or CDS or Engineering services exam etc.

First you must do bachelor's degree to be eligible for any exam.
29th February 2016, 11:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I would like to know that as I am doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, I can appear in UPSC exams or not? Please let me know as soon as possible.
Well, there are so many entrance exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. Diploma students having very less opportunities when compare to Graduation students. Being a Diploma student, you can apply for an NDA entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. However, you need to complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification to be eligible for other exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The examinations such as,

= Combined Defence Service
= Civil Service Examination
= Indian Forest Service Examination
= Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination
= Engineering Services Examination
= Combined Medical Services Examination etc.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
29th February 2016, 11:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Being a diploma in mechanical engineering you can apply for the UPSC exam and there are many exams which are provided by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year to join in various posts in government. To join in any of these posts you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed.

Regarding your qualification you can apply for the NDA Exam which stands for National Defence Academy, it is a defence service exam and is held every year twice as NDA I and NDA II for candidates to join in defence forces of India.

The eligibility standards needed to be satisfied for the exam are:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Martial Status
  • Educational qualification
  • Physical Standard

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Candidate should be a unmarried male candidate.

# Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the NDA exam. To know more regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th February 2016, 11:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conducts NDA examination twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and age limit is between 16.5- 19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you cannot appear for examination. If you need any other examination conducted by UPSC visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th January 2020, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I would like to know that I am doing diploma mechanical engineering and
2nd puc(HEPS), I can appear in upsc exams or not? Please let me know as soon as possible.
14th February 2022, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir
Diploma mechanical engineering eligible for ias exam attend?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?