14th May 2016, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Should I switch to Degree if having 11 backlogs in Diploma? Future prospects for me?

Hello,
I have started my Diploma in EEE branch and I have 11 backlogs. What is my future? Can I continue Diploma or I will go to study Degree? Please reply me this is my future problem as I am a poor student.

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma in audiology and speech therapy: Colleges, Course Duration, Future Jobs Prospects? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What are the job prospects for PG Diploma in Hospital Management?
  3. Prospects of Diploma in Electronics Engineering?
  4. Is it possible for me to do higher studies if I completed graduation with backlogs but cleared all?
  5. Can I get admission in government college for lateral B.Tech course if having 2 backlogs in Diploma 5th semester?
  6. Is it possible to clear the backlogs after 13 years which I had in diploma course to complete?
  7. What is the scope of IT field in next 4 years for a Diploma holder? Should I switch to Degree after completion of Diploma?
  8. How to make career in Aeronautical field after B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  9. What are the other courses other than engineering and medical? I am a girl student in class 12th with PCMB
  10. Is it correct decision of choosing Biotechnology? Does this course have good scope? Where to work after completing Biotechnology?
  11. Diploma or Degree, which has better prospects in Hospital Management course?
  12. Future prospects of studying MBA in UK?
  13. Job Prospects after completion of PG Diploma in Hospital Management and Health care? Does Diploma in Management better than Administration? Does a regular Diploma course better than Correspondence?
  14. What can the future prospects be after getting a BTech Biotech degree?
  15. How to clear the backlogs in B.Tech after a year gap?
  16. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for electronics students?
  17. Information regarding list of colleges offering Diploma in Audiology and Speech Therapy? Job Prospects after completion of this course?
  18. Future prospects of doing diploma in Electronics and Telecommunicaton?
17th May 2016, 02:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I switch to Degree if having 11 backlogs in Diploma? Future prospects for me?

Without clearing your backlogs of backlogs you will not be eligible to get admission in degree.

So, you have to clear your all backlogs to appear for entrance examination to get admission in degree in any recognised university. Definitely there will be problem in future at the time of placement.

But you just need to focus on your study know and clear all your backlogs without caring for future.
17th May 2016, 08:11 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I switch to Degree if having 11 backlogs in Diploma? Future prospects for me?

You will have to put in some labor towards your studies in order to at least clear your examinations with minimum passing marks. So, I suggest you to get down to studies seriously and try to score well in your examination.

You can complete your current Diploma course and after that you can get admission in degree course directly in 2nd year by appearing for LEET examination and can thereafter continue with your studies further.

You can only switch to degree course after completion of your diploma course or else get admission in any degree course from the very beginning, i.e. 1st year.
17th May 2016, 09:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For degree you need class 12th qualification if you don't complete diploma. Clearing backlogs is up to you and if you think that it is not possible to clear them then it is better to opt for any other course because you need confidence to get along with the course which is absent in your case.

If you have class 12th qualification then taking admission in degree will be a good option. You can give backlogs exams along with the degree studies.
18th May 2016, 11:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that without clearing all your previous backlogs you will not be eligible to opt for any degree course.
So, first you have to clear all your backlogs to be eligible for the entrance examination in order to pursue degree course. In future you will be facing some problem due to this large number of backlogs in Diploma.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?