26th June 2015, 03:03 AM
Unregistered

What are the options available after completing diploma?

What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What are the options available for me after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 54%?
  3. Is diploma treated as degree? Options available after completing diploma in CS?
  4. Are there any career options for diploma holders? I will be completing my diploma in computer engineering
  5. Any other options available after completing diploma in Computers?
  6. Can a commerce student to BSc in Animation?
  7. What are the available course options after completing 3 yrs Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  8. What are the options in Pune after completing diploma in Electrical Engineering? Names of the colleges?
  9. Carrier Opportunities after completing diploma in Computer Engineering
  10. What are the options available for Diploma holder in Tool & Die Making?
  11. Career options other than engineering after Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  12. Which group is better for me after passing 10th?
  13. What to do after completing diploma in Electrical engineering?
  14. What are the career options after diploma and telecommunication
  15. Possibility to study Diploma in Banking & Finance after completing 12th Commerce? Career options after completing this course? Detailed information about CAIIB and JAIIB?
  16. What courses can I take after T.Y.B.Com? I have completed T.Y.B.Com with 50%
  17. Can I take admission in IIT after my B.E? What options are there for me after diploma?
  18. Can I apply for Civil diploma course after failing in 10th?
27th June 2015, 02:35 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the options available after completing diploma?

No, I thin that you are not allowed for the IAS exam after completing your diploma course.

For the IAS exam you must have to complete your graduation first with minimum of 55% marks.

But don't worry there are so many other options available for you after completing your diploma in any of the stream.

You can go for the job in the following companies :

* BEL ( http://www.bel.com )

* SAIL ( http://www.sail.co.in )

* BSNL ( http://www.bsnl.co.in )

* ISRO ( http://www.isro.gov.in )

* BARC ( http://www.barc.ernet.in/ )

* HP ( http://jobs.hpcl.co.in )

Also if you are interested in further study then my suggestion to you is that you should go for the bachelor degree in the same stream in which you have completed your diploma.

Some of best institutes for you are :

** Punjab University,Chandigarh.

** Punjabi University,Patiala.

** Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.

** Guru Gobind Singh IP University,Delhi.

** Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.

** Harcourt Butler Technological Institute,Kanpur.

** Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.

** KIITS University,Orrissa.
27th June 2015, 03:49 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You have no where mentioned as to in which subject you have done your Diploma in, which makes it quite impossible for me to enumerate you the exact details. However, if you want the exact information, then kindly provide your subject in Diploma.

Can I do MBA after Diploma?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to do MBA after the completion of your Diploma degree as to pursue MBA course, candidates must have a Bachelors degree in hand and a Diploma degree will surely not do.

Can I take up IAS exam?

Again I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for IAS examination after Diploma either, for that again you will have to have a Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
27th June 2015, 04:04 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

After completion of Diploma course, you can pursue your higher studies in B.E/B.Tech course by appearing in LEET examination. But, you cannot pursue MBA course after completion of your Diploma course. To be eligible to pursue MBA course, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. You are not eligible to take IAS examination. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you must have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
27th June 2015, 04:22 PM
mwh

Diploma course is not considered as a bachelors degree.you cannot do masters after diploma.
You are not eligible to apply for IAS exam now.
After diploma you have to give E-CET exam for joining B.tech.by passing E-cet exam you can join in 2nd year b.tech.so, complete your graduation in B.tech and then apply for IAS exam.
27th June 2015, 05:15 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Diploma is equivalent to Class 12 so you need to complete your Degree now before you can appear for the CAT Entrance Examination.
You are not eligible to appear for the IAS Examination.
You must complete your degree first and then you can apply for the IAS Examination.
27th June 2015, 06:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Options available after completion of Diploma Course:

Diploma course is not a graduate Degree, so you are required to pursue Bachelor Degree or Graduate Degree in order to find good career. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, the best course I would suggest you is "B.E/ B.Tech" through lateral entry scheme. Candidates who have successfully completed their Diploma course are required to write Engineering Entrance Examination which would fetch candidates to join direct 2nd year of Bachelor of Engineering or B.Tech.

No, you cannot pursue MBA after completion of Diploma. The basic eligibility criteria required to be eligible for appearing in MBA related entrance Examinations is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since Diploma in not treated as a Graduate Degree you are not eligible to do MBA. No, Diploma candidates are not eligible to appear in IAS Exam. To be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Examination, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduate Degree". So I suggest you to do Graduate degree in order to be eligible either for doing MBA or for appearing in IAS Exam.
27th June 2015, 11:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can go for job according to your Diploma qualification or go for lateral entry admission which will help you to get admission in 2nd year of the B.Tech course. You can't apply for MBA if you are just a Diploma holder. For MBA admission you need Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University to become eligible for any entrance exam.

Diploma is not equivalent to any Degree course and you have to complete Graduation to become eligible for MBA admission. Therefore, if you aim is MBA then you should try to get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry exam and after completion pf B.Tech you will be eligible for MBA entrance exams.
28th June 2015, 01:59 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No you cannot do MBA on the behalf of your diploma. For doing MBA you need to do any graduation course. Also Diploma is not equivalent to Degree course. After diploma you have mainly two options available. First is to continue your study in B.Tech course in relevant trade. After B.Tech many other options available for you like job, MBA, M.Tech etc.
The second option is to do job on the basis of your diploma. You can get job but they offer low salary package to diploma holders.
16th August 2015, 02:03 AM
DSP@1

No,Diploma is not considered as the graduation course so you cannot go for MBA or for the IAS.

Before going to masters or for IAS you need to complete your graduation course first.

So as you have done with your diploma you can go for the B.Tech through lateral entry and complete your graduation in just 3 years.

After completing your graduation you are eligible to do the Masters or IAS.

If you are not interested in B.Tech then you can go for the other courses like B.A,B.Com,B.Sc etc,.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?