4th May 2016, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to study B.Tech being a Diploma holder in Metallurgical Engineering?

Hello,
I have completed my Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering and I want to study B.Tech now in same stream. Kindly let me know what I should do?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  2. Admission procedure to study B.Tech Mechanical in IIT for a Diploma Metallurgical holder?
  3. Can I study Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering after completing 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of UGC and AICTE approved colleges which offers B.Tech(Metallurgical Engineering) for Diploma holder in Automobile Engineering?
  5. Entrance exams to study B.Tech for Computer Engineering Diploma holder?
  6. What is the career in Metallurgy?
  7. Should I have to appear in Karnataka-CET to study Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing Metallurgy Diploma?
  9. Can I join Vizag Steel Plant with 71% in Diploma Metallurgical course? Possibility to study or work in Abroad?
  10. Is a diploma+B.Tech degree holder a graduate?
  11. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering final year student?
  12. How should I join defence sector after doing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials engineering?
  13. How to do correspondence course in engineering after completion of Diploma in metallurgical engineering?
  14. Can I appear in NDA exam being a 20 years old Diploma Metallurgical student? Procedure to join Indian Air Force on Diploma basis?
  15. Can I apply fopr AIEEE after completing diploma in Metallurgical engineering?
  16. What are the government jobs available for Metallurgy engineer?
  17. Can I apply for AIEEE after completing diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  18. Can I study Mechanical Engineering being an IT Diploma holder?
6th May 2016, 05:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study B.Tech being a Diploma holder in Metallurgical Engineering?

To study B. Tech after completion of your diploma course in Metallurgy Engineering you have to qualify the entrance exam known as Lateral Entry Entrance Examination to get admission in Second year directly of engineering course and your percentage in diploma should not be less than 50 percent to be eligible for this Entrance Test.
6th May 2016, 09:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study B.Tech being a Diploma holder in Metallurgical Engineering?

You can apply for any lateral entry exam which allows admission in B.Tech second year of the same stream. There is lateral entry admission available through state level entrance exam like LEET, JELET, UPSEE, etc.

Just apply for the entrance exam of the state concerned. Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam through counselling.
6th May 2016, 09:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To study B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Metallurgical Engineering, you must have to appear and qualify Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
6th May 2016, 11:59 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering and I want to study B.Tech now in same stream. Kindly let me know what I should do?
The aspirant can choose B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or B.Tech in Mechatronics in Manipal Institute of Technology through lateral entry. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 3 years Diploma course from a recognised Board of Technical Education. You have to appear for an entrance examination before admission to the course. The duration of the course is 3 years. You will be admitted directly to the 2nd year of the B.Tech course. The website link is http://manipal.edu/mit/programs/prog...ral-entry.html

You can also study the course at Lovely Professional University, the website link is
Official website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?