22nd August 2016, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for an education loan as a Non Creamy Layer candidate if my mother's income is 6.2 lakh?

Hello sir, My mother get promotion recently after 26 year service as a Government Teacher in Rajasthan and now her income is 6.2 lakh. So, please tell me can I apply for an education loan as a Non Creamy Layer candidate?

23rd August 2016, 12:18 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an education loan as a Non Creamy Layer candidate if my mother's income is 6.2 lakh?

You can apply for education loan as non creamy layer candidate if you can produce certificate by court of India proving you being a ward of non creamy layer category. The bank will then not have any say as you will give proof which will be validated by the court. If you approach bank without a valid proof, then the bank will simple discard you from being a ward of non creamy layer category.
23rd August 2016, 08:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an education loan as a Non Creamy Layer candidate if my mother's income is 6.2 lakh?

Total family income is taken into account when non creamy layer certificate is made. You haven't mentioned your total family income which creates doubt about the eligibility in your case.

It doesn't seem good for you because your mother's income is above non creamy layer level. You might not get the benefit of OBC non creamy layer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?