27th October 2016, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Do I come under OBC non creamy layer, if my husband's salary is above 6 lakhs per annum?

I am a married unemployed housewife applying for state and central government jobs. My father annual income is less than one lakh. My husband is a government employee with annual income above 6 lakhs.
Do I come under OBC non creamy layer?

Related Questions:
  1. Do I come under OBC non creamy layer, if my husband's salary is above 6 lakhs per annum?
  2. Is my son eligible for OBC non-creamy layer, if my yearly salary is 9 lakhs?
  3. Am I eligible for OBC non creamy layer with an annual income of 9 lakhs? -- [New]
  4. My son can claim to be an OBC non creamy layer candidate if my salary is above 12 lacs per annum?
  5. Am I eligible for non creamy layer certificate if my mom's salary annual salary exceeds 4.5 Lakhs?
  6. How to distinguish between Creamy and Non-Creamy layer of OBC?
  7. Can I be eligible to claim OBC non creamy layer seat?
  8. Can I apply for OBC Non Creamy Layer certificate if my annual income is 2.5 lakhs?
  9. Is my Daughter eligible to get an OBC Creamy Layer Certificate if my gross salary is 9 lac and my wife's salary is 6 lac per annum?
  10. Am I eligible for non-cream layer quota if I am currently working in a private sector?
  11. Am I eligible for central government job under OBC creamy layer?
  12. Will my daughter be treated as creamy layer, if my salary is less than 4 lacs for the last 3 years?
  13. Whose income certificate need to be submitted to get the non creamy layer certificate?
  14. Any reservations for girls in AIEEE? Minimum marks or Rank required?
  15. Eligibility criteria required for get non creamy layer certificate if salary income is 8 lakh of SEBC category?
  16. If my annual income is 4.5 Lakhs then do I come under OBC non creamy layer category?
  17. Salary of both Father and mother are included for OBC Non Creamy Layer or only one of them?
  18. How to obtain the OBC non-creamy layer certificate in Tamil Nadu?
28th October 2016, 03:53 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I come under OBC non creamy layer, if my husband's salary is above 6 lakhs per annum?

As your family income(in your case, your husband's income is considered as your family income) is above 6 lacs in a financial year, you do not fall under OBC non-creamy layer, rather you fall under creamy layer.
28th October 2016, 07:29 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Do I come under OBC non creamy layer, if my husband's salary is above 6 lakhs per annum?

If a family is having annual income of more than 6 lakhs then cannot be considered OBC non creamy layer, but if the Income is 6 lakhs or less then considered as an OBC non creamy layer.
28th October 2016, 07:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Total family income is counted for non creamy layer certificate. You and your husband are family, so it will be difficult to ignore the salary of husband in this situation.

Salary should be less than 6 lakhs per annum to avail OBC reservation benefits. In you case, it is well over it.
28th October 2016, 09:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The creamy layer status of a candidates is determined on the basis of the status of their parents (Father-mother) and not on the basis of their own status or income or on the basis of status of their spouse. Therefore, while determining the creamy layer status of a person the status or the income of the parents should be taken into account. Candidates should not add himself or of his/her spouse earning for the purpose.

So, you don't come under OBC non creamy layer.
1st March 2018, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

I am a housewife and my husband yearly income is below 6 lacs . Do i come under OBC non creamy layer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?