14th May 2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I get scholarship if pursuing B.Tech in VIT, Pune being a SC candidate?

Hello everyone,
I am student of SC category and
I got admission in VIT, Pune.
Kindly tell me I can get scholarship
as I am doing B.Tech there?
Waiting for your reply.
With Regards.

16th May 2015, 12:17 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get scholarship if pursuing B.Tech in VIT, Pune being a SC candidate?

No you will not be able to get a Scholarship for your course.
There is no Scholarship that will be provided to you as VIT University does not have any Scholarship Program for its Students and the government will not provide you any Scholarship as you will be studying in a Private University.
If you are within the Top 100 students of your Board from where you have given your Class 12 Board Examination then you can get the Scholarship otherwise you will not be able to get the Scholarship although you are from the reserved category.

16th May 2015, 01:39 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get scholarship if pursuing B.Tech in VIT, Pune being a SC candidate?

VIT offers scholarships only by considering Academic performance of the candidates, but not by considering any caste or category. So, you can get scholarship, only if you can study well. VIT offers scholarships only if the candidates satisfy following criteria.

1. Candidate should have more than 75% of attendance.
2. Candidates who have passed all the examinations in the first attempt are only eligible for scholarship.
3. Re-admitted and Debarred candidates are not eligible for any cholarship.
4. Candidates will get scholarships, only if the student is one of top 10 students or 10% of students of the total strength of Branch.

Scholarship Amount:-
1. First Rank - Rs.14,000
2. Second Rank - Rs.13,000
3. Third Rank - Rs.10,000
4. Other Ranks - Rs.1,000 (Book Coupon only)
The scholarship amount will be credited into student account directly.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?