25th September 2016, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Details of Subsidy under Education Loan scheme of State Bank of Travancore?

Can I know about the subsidy details of State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme? I am planning to apply an Education Loan from this Bank, but I want to know about the details of subsidy first. Please tell me.

28th September 2016, 04:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of Subsidy under Education Loan scheme of State Bank of Travancore?

Central government provides interest subsidy on education loan, if the candidate belongs to a poor family. The interest rate is not charger on loan after submitting the income certificate to the bank branch.

Hence, get your family's income certificate and apply for interest subsidy, so that you can avail the education loan interest free.
28th September 2016, 08:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of Subsidy under Education Loan scheme of State Bank of Travancore?

No, the State Bank of Travancore does not offer Subsidy for an Education loan. It offers subsidy only to "Namukkum oru Veedu - Housing for all (Urban)" scheme and it does not offer subsidy to any other loans provided by the bank. To be eligible to apply for an Education loan in State Bank of Travancore, you should have secured admission in a recognised institute. Since, this bank does not offer Subsidy for education loan, if you are looking subsidy on education loan, I suggest you to apply for an education loan in banks which offers subsidy on education loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?