7th August 2016, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Government provides deduction in whole loan amount along with the interest to handicapped students?

Hello sir, I have taken an education loan of 4 lakhs to study Engineering course. During studies I met with an accident and broke my feet. Now I am an handicapped candidate. Will Government give me whole deduction in loan amount along with the interest?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  2. Whether the interest rates are counted from the next day of loan issued?
  3. Possibility to get deduction in amount of education loan if got relieved from job due to demonetization? -- [New]
  4. How to apply for an education loan at Punjab National Bank? Can I get deduction on interest rate being a son of Government servant?
  5. Can I get deduction in Bank Education Loan to study MBA if my father is a Government serviceman?
  6. How can I get an interest free education loan being a handicapped and SC candidate? List of Government schemes for SC candidates?
  7. What is Education Credit in US tax? How does it work? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Whether I can get an interest free education loan if total income from agriculture is 90 thousand? Can I get deduction at the time of repayment of loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Allahabad Bank did not waived off interest amount as per government announcement? What is the EMI of Initial Amount of 350000, with 11.75% interest rate?
  10. Whether my Education Loan amount can be waived off if I am Physically Handicapped person?
  11. List of colleges provide deduction on fees to the students who are studying on education loan?
  12. How to get interest subsidy from IOB for education loan?
  13. What will be the interest rate for the left amount of an education loan if paid half of amount with pre payment charge?
  14. Is it possible to get educational loan interest subsidy? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which all government schemes are running in West Bengal for the welfare of handicapped students? How much amount I can get from various organizations for study?
  16. What penalty is imposed if interest is not paid on time under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?
  17. Possibility to claim Income Tax Deduction if pay interest at the beginning against Education Loan?
  18. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
12th August 2016, 06:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government provides deduction in whole loan amount along with the interest to handicapped students?

It depends upon your family situation. If you belong to extremely poor family then government may think of waving off loan completely which is very rare and can happen only in very few cases.

Most of the banks will ask you to pay the loan if you belong to a decent family with good income. They will get it from the guarantor or from the security which you have kept with them during application.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?