29th August 2016, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

What will be the interest rate for the left amount of an education loan if paid half of amount with pre payment charge?

Hello sir, I have completed LLB course and I was taken an education loan of 5 lakh from Dena Bank. The half amount was paid by my father two years before with pre payment charge now I want to pay the loan. So, please tell me the amount of interest will I have to pay on previous interest or new interest rate?

Related Questions:
  1. What penalty is imposed if interest is not paid on time under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?
  2. Concession in interest rate on pre-closure of Education Loan?
  3. Whether repayment of Loan amount in Dhanlaxmi Bank is yielded through EMI?
  4. Should I invest the excess money into market after repaying EMI of Education Loan?
  5. How the interest rates could be changed against Bank Education Loan of BOI?
  6. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  7. Allahabad Bank did not waived off interest amount as per government announcement? What is the EMI of Initial Amount of 350000, with 11.75% interest rate?
  8. Interest rate of SBI on an education loan of 2 lakh? What will be the Pre Payment charges?
  9. How can I get the interest amount paid upon Education Loan back under CSIS Scheme of Central Government?
  10. How to calculate EMI of Loan amount of Rs. 6.5 Lacs at 5% interest rates under 5 years of tenure?
  11. Does Bank charges full amount per year against interest rates of Education Loan?
  12. How much amount I can get as education loan to study B.Tech? What will be the interest rate fixed or variable? -- [New]
  13. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  14. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  15. Maximum amount one can get in an Education Loan to study MBA? Details of interest rate and repayment mode?
  16. What will be happen if I can't pay the amount of an education loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get interest subsidy from IOB for education loan?
  18. Whether Bank deducts some amount in Education Loan if a student died during the course?
30th September 2016, 06:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be the interest rate for the left amount of an education loan if paid half of amount with pre payment charge?

1. You have told that half amount of education loan which you have taken to pursue Bachelor of Education has been paid by your father and half amount of education loan is left to be paid. Interest will be charged on previous rate.

2. In fact, on rest sum of education loan, bank will charge interest rate from the time your father paid half amount and upto now. You can pay rest amount in installments with interest or you have option of one time payment also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?