9th April 2015, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

How can I study MBBS with scholarship in India being a student of SriLanka?

Hello,
I am a student from SriLanka and I want
to do MBBS in India. Kindly tell me I can do
MBBS with scholarship in India?
Looking for quick reply.

4th April 2023, 04:02 AM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: How can I study MBBS with scholarship in India being a student of SriLanka?

Studying MBBS in India as a Sri Lankan student and receiving scholarships can be possible. Here are some tips to explore your options:

Check eligibility for Indian medical colleges and scholarships: Make sure you meet minimum criteria like academic qualifications, entrance exam scores, etc. required for MBBS admission and scholarships in India. Most colleges/scholarships consider factors such as nationality, domicile, etc. while determining eligibility.

Research best medical colleges in India offering MBBS program: Consider factors such as fees, scholarship rates, rankings, location, etc. Top colleges with overseas student scholarships/provision may suit your needs. Some options could be AIIMS, JIPMER, AMU, etc.

Explore scholarship options for international students to finance your MBBS in India:

Government colleges: Some top colleges offer scholarships or freeships for selected international MBBS students. These could cover partial or full tuition fees and living expenses based on merit and need.

Private medical scholarships: Certain private trusts, foundations and companies provide scholarships for MBBS students, including those from other nations. Search online for relevant scholarships and providers.

Community scholarships: Get information from embassies, consulates or Sri Lankan communities regarding any scholarship programs for Sri Lankan students to study MBBS in India.

Education loans: If unable to find scholarships, you can take lower-interest education loans to fund your studies in India. Interest rates are lower than personal loans but still need repayment after completing MBBS. Apply for maximum scholarships first before relying on loans.

Prepare excellent scholarship applications highlighting your strengths:
Submit before deadlines with good academic scores, entrance exam ranks, financial hardship proof (for need-based), statements of purpose, reference letters, etc.

Consider less competitive colleges for higher chances. Although top colleges are prestigious, scholarships are more easily available at mid-level colleges. You can shift to better colleges in higher years based on performance and opportunities.

Connect with Sri Lankan alumni of Indian medical colleges for guidance. They can mentor you through the admission and scholarship process based on their valuable experience of studying MBBS in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?