9th March 2016, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

How the interest rates could be changed against Bank Education Loan of BOI?

Hi,
I had taken an Educational Loan of Rs. 6.5 Lacs from Bank of India for my MBA. They said me that they would charge a fixed interest rate. I have started repaying EMI after completed my course and paid the amount with same interest rate for a year. Then, when I inquired I was still having Rs. 6.75 Lacs of outstanding and the bank has started charging interest rates more than what they said. How could it be possible? I could not get any satisfactory answer regarding this from BOI. Then, because of my financial problems, I could not repay for few months. Last month, I have got a letter from the Bank to repay the rest outstanding of Rs. 7 Lacs.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  2. Interest rates charge against Education Loan in Indian Bank to study in B.Pharmacy?
  3. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  4. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  5. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  6. Interest rates charges against Education Loan by Andhra Bank for B.Tech course? Documents required to apply for Education Loan?
  7. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How much amount I will get in Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  9. Which one should I choose among Fixed and Floating Interest Rates in Bank Education Loan?
  10. Should I apply for Education Loan in United Bank of India to study MBBS? Interest rates charged against Education Loan?
  11. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  12. Applicable bank interest rates on education loan to study in Abroad?
  13. List of Banks along with the with Interest rates offering Education Loan to study B.Tech?
  14. What does the moratorium periods means for interest rates in education loan?
  15. Interest rates charged against Education Loan to study MS in Meteorology in Abroad?
  16. Interest rates charges against Education Loan in Union Bank for studying B.Tech?
  17. Interest rates charged against Education Loan of Central Bank of India to study MBA course?
  18. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs to study M.Pharmacy course? Interest rates charge against Education Loan?
13th March 2016, 12:25 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How the interest rates could be changed against Bank Education Loan of BOI?

If you have applied for the Educational Loan under the Floating Interest Rate then the interest per annum may get changed.
Now that you are being a defaulter you need to make sure that you pay your EMI's so that you can get the proper answer from the Bank Authority.
As you have applied for the Fixed Interest Rate it can be said that the Interest amount must not change under any circumstances.
So you need to pay your EMI's and if the Bank does not give a proper answer it is best for you to go the Consumer Forum or Court to get the required answer from the Bank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?