24th October 2015, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

What does the moratorium periods means for interest rates in education loan?

Hello sir,

I have applied and getting education loan for my Post Graduation. The Bank has given me the notice that interest rates will be charged during the moratorium period. I can't understand this. Kindly tell me about this?

Related Questions:
  1. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  2. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  3. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  4. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  5. How much amount I will get in Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  6. Interest rates set by RBI for Education Loan?
  7. What should I do if I didn't get the educational loan subsidy till the moratorium period?
  8. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs to study M.Pharmacy course? Interest rates charge against Education Loan?
  9. Interest rates charges against Education Loan by Andhra Bank for B.Tech course? Documents required to apply for Education Loan?
  10. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  11. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in Germany?
  12. Detailed information and interest rates charged against Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs for study MBA?
  13. Applicable bank interest rates on education loan to study in Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Interest rates of all Banks are same to study in UK?
  15. Interest rates charge against Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about recovery process?
  16. Interest rates charge against SBI Education Loan for B.Tech course?
  17. Interest rates charged against Education Loan of Central Bank of India to study MBA course?
  18. Interest rates are charged from the beginning or at the end of the course if pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?
28th October 2015, 03:44 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What does the moratorium periods means for interest rates in education loan?

A Moratorium period is defined as the time or waiting period that the borrower is not required to make any repayment.

Generally, after the disbursement of the loan amount the borrower has to repay by paying a few amount each and every month.

But there is a facility towards educational loan which is moratorium period. The person who has taken the educational loan should start repay the loan after he/ she starts earning.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?