26th July 2018, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Interest rates calculation of Education Loan in HDFC Bank?

I am interested to study MBBS by taking an education loan from HDFC Bank. I don’t know how they calculate the interest rates. So, I just want to know about the calculation of education loan. Please tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Interest rates against an Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs in HDFC Bank?
  2. Interest rates calculation of Education Loan in Bank of Maharashtra?
  3. Interest rates calculation of Education Loan in Vijaya Bank?
  4. Interest rates calculation of Education Loan of UCO Bank?
  5. Interest rates calculation of Education Loan in SBI?
  6. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Interest rates against an Education Loan in HDFC Bank to study BDes?
  8. Eligibility to get Bank Education Loan for B.Des course for an ST candidate after getting scholarship? Interest rate charges under HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme?
  9. HDFC and Axis Banks Interest rates charge against Education Loan to study MBA in India?
  10. HDFC and Axis Banks current Interest rates against Education Loan?
  11. Interest rates in Andhra Bank Education Loan scheme for BTech course?
  12. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  13. Interest rates in SBI Education Loan scheme for MCA course?
  14. Interest rates in OBC Education Loan scheme for BTech course? -- [New]
  15. Interest rates against an Education Loan of Rs. 5 Lacs in Axis Bank?
  16. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  17. Interest rates charge against Education Loan in Indian Bank to study in B.Pharmacy?
  18. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
4th March 2023, 01:20 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Interest rates calculation of Education Loan in HDFC Bank?

HDFC Bank calculates interest rates on education loans using a reducing balance method. This means that interest is calculated on the outstanding principal amount, and as the loan is repaid, the principal reduces, and hence the interest payable also reduces.

The interest rate on the education loan can either be fixed or floating. In the case of a fixed interest rate, the rate remains the same throughout the loan tenure. In the case of a floating interest rate, the rate may vary during the loan tenure based on market conditions and other factors.

The interest rate charged by HDFC Bank on education loans ranges from 8.95% to 10.45% per annum, depending on the loan amount, the repayment tenure, and other factors.

To calculate the interest on the education loan, HDFC Bank uses the following formula:

Interest Payable = (Outstanding Principal Amount x Interest Rate x Number of Days) / (365 or 366)

In this formula, the number of days refers to the number of days for which the interest is being calculated, and 365 or 366 refers to the number of days in the year.

It is advisable to check with HDFC Bank for the exact details and terms of the education loan, including the interest rate, repayment tenure, and other charges that may apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?