24th October 2015, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to apply for Education Loan from two banks simultaneously?

Hello sir,

I want to pursue my MS Planning from the US. The total course fee might go upto Rs. 30 Lacs. I have applied for education loan from Union Bank, but they offer upto Rs. 20 Lacs of education loan. So i want to know if i can get rest of the amount from some other bank or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to apply for Education Loan from two banks simultaneously? -- [New]
  2. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year?
  3. How can I compare Education Loan of different Banks to study MS in Abroad?
  4. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MCA in Abroad? Procedure to apply for Education Loan?
  5. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
  6. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 24 Lacs to study MS in Germany?
  7. Can i apply for Education loan through distance education
  8. Can I apply for Education Loan if pursuing MBA in IIPM, Delhi?
  9. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs to study MBA in IMT, Chennai? Terms and conditions to apply for Education Loan?
  10. Financial assistance to complete BE course?
  11. Banks cannot sponsor Education Loan more than Rs.10 Lacs? Possibility to do Pilot Training Course which costs Rs.20 Lacs?
  12. Does all Banks inspect CIBIL of a candidate who want to apply for an Education Loan?
  13. Whether all Banks will offer me Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs to study B.Tech? What are the terms of an Education Loan?
  14. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs for Commercial Pilot Training?
  15. Which Bank provides Education Loan of Rs. 45 Lacs to study MBBS in US? Requirements to apply?
  16. Am I eligible for any Education loan or scholarship? Can I get any A.P. state scholarship under OBC?
  17. What is the syllabus and pattern for RBI Young Scholar Exam? Previous years question papers of it? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Detailed information about Banks who offers Education Loan for B.Tech programme through COMEDK? Can I get Education Loan without appearing in any entrance exam?
25th October 2015, 04:29 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for Education Loan from two banks simultaneously?

No, you cannot opt for education loan from other bank if you have already opted from one bank. It is not possible to opt for education loan from two banks simultaneously. This is because as soon as you opt for a loan, your account is made in the database of Reserve Bank of India and every detail of loan is linked to it. So any bank to whom you go for education loan after opting from one bank, will check the linked account and as soon as they find out concerning the education loan already opted they will reject your loan request. Since now Aadhar Number is linked to your account, so finding out such details is easier.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?