1st November 2016, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking an Education Loan?

I am a Government Service holder and my son is studying in 12th standard. He want to do B.Tech and that my dream too. But I couldn't afford the expenses of this course. So, I thought to apply an Education Loan for my son. But after getting alot of information I am unable to take decision to whether take an Education Loan or not. Will you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of this Education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Advantages and disadvantages of Electronics Diploma from IETE?
  2. Scope of studying B.Com Advertising? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this course?
  3. Advantages and disadvantages of diploma in electronics
  4. Advantages for OBC girls in Education Loan scheme to study in Abroad
  5. Is Education loan a best financial aid for higher studies? Advantages to apply for education in a private bank?
  6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of studying MS in United States?
  7. Advantages and disadvantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine over India?
  8. Best mode to do PhD after ME EEE? What are the advantages and disadvantages of regular and distance mode?
  9. Is it a disadvantage to do open schooling through private?
  10. How can I apply for an Education Loan to study Diploma Engineering course? Benefits of applying for an education loan at SBI?
  11. Can SBI give an education loan to study BA LLB from Chitkara University?
  12. Impact of foreign universities on Indian Education System? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
  13. Which group is better in engineering? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
  14. Impact of foreign universities on Indian Education System? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
  15. Can I apply for an education loan against residential and commercial properties? Can it be mortgaged for taking education loan? -- [New]
  16. What are the advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietor?
  17. Details regarding BBA? Advantages and disadvantages of this course? Other better options available?
  18. iit bombay or iit delhi? Which is better? -- [Most Discussed]
4th November 2016, 08:29 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking an Education Loan?

Education loan can definitely be taken for your son's education loan. There are no adverse effects of education loan as such. The major advantages of education loan are the interest is computed as simple interest, all study related expenses are covered under education loan scheme, your son can get tax benefit later while doing job and repayment. The only disadvantage is interest of around 13-14℅ need to be paid and mortgage is required for loan above 7.5 lakhs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?