22nd October 2015, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

What does Moratorium periods means for interest rates?

Hello Sir,
I have applied and getting education loan for my Post Graduation. The Bank has given me the notice that interest rates will be charge during the moratorium period. I can't understand this. Kindly tell me about moratorium period?

Related Questions:
  1. What does the moratorium periods means for interest rates in education loan? -- [New]
  2. What should I do if I didn't get the educational loan subsidy till the moratorium period?
  3. Interest rates of all Banks are same to study in UK?
  4. Which one should I choose among Fixed and Floating Interest Rates in Bank Education Loan?
  5. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in Germany?
  6. Interest rates set by RBI for Education Loan?
  7. Interest rates charged against Education Loan of Central Bank of India to study MBA course?
  8. Is there any curriculum of RBI in Fixed and Floating Interest rates for Nationalized Banks?
  9. Detailed information and interest rates charged against Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs for study MBA?
  10. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MBA in India at cheapest Interest Rates?
  11. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  12. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  13. List of Banks which has good interest rates and processing schemes to apply for Education Loan to study MBA in US? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Banks offering Education Loan with low interest rates to study MBA in IIM through CAT?
  15. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  16. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  17. Interest rates charged against Education Loan to study MS in Meteorology in Abroad?
  18. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs to study M.Pharmacy course? Interest rates charge against Education Loan?
28th October 2015, 04:46 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What does Moratorium periods means for interest rates?

Moratorium period is the period during which the borrower doesn't have to pay any amount of loan.

Generally, it is offered for educational loans.After the educational loan is sanctioned the borrower has to start repay the loan amount every month. As the candidates has to repay the amount after he/ she starts earning.

But the interest rates will charge during the moratorium period.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?