23rd May 2016, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the interest benefit for taking education loan for B.Tech course?

I have taken Education Loan in the year 2015-16 for 1st Year B.Tech-IT.
Shall i get Interest benefit till my course completion. Please clarify. Please provide me the complete details on this as I need to apply for the loan and I need to be sure on this.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get benefits to apply for an Education Loan through GRE, TOEFL and IELTS to study MS in Germany? Interest rates charge against an Education Loan?
  2. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  3. Interest rates are charged from the beginning or at the end of the course if pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?
  4. How can I apply for an Education Loan to study Diploma Engineering course? Benefits of applying for an education loan at SBI?
  5. From when the interest rates are chargeable against Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  7. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  8. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  9. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  10. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  11. How to get interest subsidy from IOB for education loan? -- [New]
  12. What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Interest rates charges against Education Loan to study in foreign countries?
  15. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  16. Education Loan at cheapest rate of interest and tax benefits to study MBA?
  17. Can I get any benefit in Income Tax against Education Loan to study in Abroad?
  18. Rate of Interest scheme against Bank Education Loan to study BDS? Process of recovery?
23rd May 2016, 09:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the interest benefit for taking education loan for B.Tech course?

Loan rates fluctuate according to RBI guidelines. If there is any relaxation by RBI then surely banks will give you relaxation accordingly.

There is interest subsidy also available to economically backward students who are not capable of paying loan due to less family income.
23rd May 2016, 11:46 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the interest benefit for taking education loan for B.Tech course?

Yes, you will get interest benefit. The details are mentioned below.

- The interest will be calculated as simple interest for the entire study period.
- If you pay the interest every month, 1% of the total interest paid will be reimbursed quarterly.
24th May 2016, 02:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not get any interest benefits. Whatever, the interest charges are to be levied on the loan amount it will be charged on the beginning of the loan amount itself.

You should apply for the loan as soon as possible if you feel like and in need of it. You will be getting some time after the completion of your course to start repaying for your loan amount, so you should try your level best in order to get a job by the end of your course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?