23rd July 2015, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

What are the scholarship exams which we need to give in Jharkhand for OBC candidates?

What are the scholarship exams which we need to give in Jharkhand for OBC candidates? I just wanted to know what is the procedure followed for students in Jharkhand to get the scholarship for studies? Can someone please explain me with details?

Thanks!

6th April 2023, 03:43 AM
4700BC

Default Re: What are the scholarship exams which we need to give in Jharkhand for OBC candidates?

Here is the information on scholarship exams and procedure for OBC candidates in Jharkhand:

The Government of Jharkhand provides various scholarships and fellowships for meritorious OBC students pursuing higher education. As an OBC student, here is the procedure to apply for scholarships in Jharkhand:

Apply for pre-matric and post-matric scholarship: The pre-matric scholarship is provided for studies upto 10+2 whereas post-matric scholarship supports undergraduate and postgraduate courses. You need to submit income certificate, caste certificate, relevant educational qualifications and fee receipts to apply for the same.

Appear for Jharkhand NET for fellowship and assistantship: Jharkhand NET or Jharkhand State Eligibility Test is conducted by Jharkhand Academic Council for providing fellowships and assistantships to SC/ST/OBC PG students. Passing NET exam is mandatory to be eligible for these benefits.

Apply for scholarships by Tribal Affairs Department: The Tribal Affairs Department provides scholarships for meritorious OBC tribal students to pursue undergrad and postgrad courses. Selection is based on 12th and graduation percentage or ranks secured in relevant entrance exams. Income limit should be below Rs. 2.5 lakhs per annum.

Compete in national scholarship exams: OBC students can apply for scholarships provided by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation, etc. based on their scores in relevant national level exams like UGC NET, GATE, ICMR JRF, etc. Eligibility criteria for each scheme would apply.

Apply for scholarships by private trusts and NGOs: There are several private trusts and organizations working for education and empowerment of OBC communities. You can find opportunities with ANSO (All India Scholarships for deprived sections of SC/ST OBC minority and economically backward sections), OBC Welfare Trust, etc. by searching online or visiting them directly.

Submit documents required: These include income certificate, caste certificate, mark sheets of relevant exams, proof of admission/fees receipts for applied course, bank account details, etc. as may be required for specific scholarships. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.

You can contact Department of Higher Education and Bureau of Backward Classes Welfare, Jharkhand for any clarification or additional details on scholarships, eligibility criteria, application process or documents required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?