30th April 2015, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Will I get study scholarship with my GATE and AIR score?

Will i get any scholarship??
marks obtained -19 out of 100
Gate score - 296
AIR -26842
No of candidates appeared -176944
I belong to the OBC non creamy layer... plz reply... Just let me know if am eligible for the scholarship and if so what is the steps to be followed for the same?

Thanks!

1st May 2015, 08:51 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get study scholarship with my GATE and AIR score?

AICTE provides scholarship to all eligible GATE qualified who wish to pursue post graduation. As the GATE 2015 qualifying marks for general category is 25 marks and for OBC category the qualifying marks is 22.5 marks. While for SC/ ST category candidates the qualifying marks is 16.67 marks. So, as you have secured only 19 marks, therefore you are not eligible to avail this scholarship.
2nd May 2015, 11:06 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will I get study scholarship with my GATE and AIR score?

Hi
I am sorry to say but with this score there is no scope of getting any scholarship through the GATE examination. The cutoff for getting the scholarship, you need to clear the cutoff of your respective category. For example, you are in the non creamy layer of the OBC category, but the cutoff for this category in order to be eligible for the scholarship is 25.5 marks out of 100.
But for now you do not have to lose the hope, there is always the scope of improvement and you can appear for the examination next year with complete dedication and hard work and maybe you get the best in life,
Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?