21st October 2015, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Whether Private Banks charge higher interest rates than Public banks against Education Loan?

Hello Sir,
If I apply for an Education Loan from any private bank then will they charge interest rates more than Public banks? Kindly clarify my doubts.

Related Questions:
  1. Interest rates charged by Public Sector Banks and Private Banks against Education Loan to study Bachelor of Hotel Management course?
  2. Does Public Sector Banks charge Low Interest Rates against Education Loan to study Bachelor of Hotel Management?
  3. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs to study M.Pharmacy course? Interest rates charge against Education Loan?
  4. Private and Nationalized Banks offering Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in USA/UK/Australia?
  5. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MBA in India at cheapest Interest Rates?
  6. Interest rates of all Banks are same to study in UK?
  7. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in Germany?
  8. List of Banks which has good interest rates and processing schemes to apply for Education Loan to study MBA in US?
  9. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in USA, Australia and UK?
  10. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  11. Difference between Education Loan Schemes of Public Banks, Private Banks and Financial Institutes? Which is better among them?
  12. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  13. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs at low interest rates to study MBA in Australia?
  14. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study Bachelor of Hotel Management? How much interest rates will be charged?
  15. What is the syllabus and pattern for RBI Young Scholar Exam? Previous years question papers of it? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How much amount I will get in Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  17. Preferable Banks to apply for Education Loan to study MS in United States?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
24th October 2015, 12:41 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Private Banks charge higher interest rates than Public banks against Education Loan?

There is no difference in the rate of interest for education loan between public and private banks as the rate of interest is fixed by the Reserve Bank of India which applies for all the banks which are under the status of government undertaking. However, State Bank of India charges 1% lesser interest rate as compared to other banks. The rate of interest usually fluctuates in the range of 13-14.5 percent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?