2nd January 2011, 11:48 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

Default Re: which is better structures or constuction management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddusajj View Post
i don't think that the graduation degree which you are talking about is actually considered as graduation by the government of India,
even then you can find the complete details at www.nicmar.ac.in
all the best
please tell me which course to do after diploma in civil engineering so that one can be eligible for ias exam,because one of my friend is really interested in ias but cant write the exam because she is an diploma,
17th January 2011, 02:12 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudmishra View Post
please tell me which course to do after diploma in civil engineering so that one can be eligible for ias exam,because one of my friend is really interested in ias but cant write the exam because she is an diploma,
the best and the most sensible think to do would be to complete graduation by doing engineering,
there are many colleges which provide lateral entry for diploma students ,also many colleges are even providing correspondence course in engineering,if your friend is an working professional then doing an correspondence course would be the best option
all the best
25th January 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

which is better M.Tech or PG in constuction management (Civil) for distance education?
19th February 2011, 06:30 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which is better M.Tech or PG in constuction management (Civil) for distance education?
hi..
if you are asking about the usefulness of both the degrees then let me tell you one thing that both are equivalent i nature
but the regular m.tech course is definitely better than the correspondence course in the sense of learning the things and knowledge you gain,
construction management is an subject were you learn more and more from experience and also others experience,
if you are doing it as an regular course then you can share and learn about others experiences but you would not get that opportunity if you are doing it as an part time course
also you will really learn more from direct interaction to teachers than any other kind of interaction
also the companies give more preference to the regular students than the part time candidates
13th July 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Which is better construction tech and management from IIT or NICMAR
29th November 2011, 10:25 AM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

colleges offering the course in construction management :-

Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
South Gujarat University, Surat, Gujarat.
Mangalore University, Karnataka.
University of Mysore, Karnataka.
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore, MP.
School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi.
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab.
University of Madras, TN
Anna University, Madras, TN.
5th January 2012, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

Hii..., Jst nw hv completed my BE n hv decided to continue my further studies in construction/project management aftr gtng 2yrs experience.whtr my decision is RYT or WRONG ?? Thanks..
23rd January 2012, 12:01 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hii..., Jst nw hv completed my BE n hv decided to continue my further studies in construction/project management aftr gtng 2yrs experience.whtr my decision is RYT or WRONG ?? Thanks..
hi..the construction management course is one of the most in demand subject in the country right now for civil engineers ,and its an nothing but on site management of the works in an planned and organised manner ,
your thought o doing this course after two years of experience is an very good thought because of the following reasons :

1.the things thought in the construction management course are the things which you would have already seen in the site and hence you are going to understand the things very well.
2.also the companies will really pay you more and also give you better job than an fresher who is doing the construction management course because you having the experiences will be an better position to use the concepts learned during the construction management course
3.also because of the experience which you would have gained on site you will perform really well in the course and hence increasing your chance of getting in to the best companies ,
4.because you will already be having experience of the sites and also an construction management degree then you can easily go into the consultancy companies and need not work on site ,i am telling this because in the construction industry its not considered an good option to directly go for an consultancy job without working on the site
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?