6th April 2011, 05:09 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

It is quite common that most of the candidates who have joined Engineering after their 10+2 getting backlogs.

This may be because of the freedom life to the some candidates after their 10+2 or it may be because of newness of the subjects.

Whatever the reason may be you don't have any problem at all in your placements by the backlogs of your first semester.

What is important is you should not have any backlogs at all by the time you complete your B.Tech or what ever the course you are pursuing.

In addition try to see that your aggregate percentage of marks for all the years of course should be a minimum of 60%.

If you get that, you will be eligible for almost all the placements.

And try to develop subject knowledge. Attempt the interview well and place a job in good MNC. Wish you all the best
6th April 2011, 12:56 PM
Ashutosh15187
Banned

Wink Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Don't worry its not an issue. First semester exam results are not considered for job. But the most important is the final year. If you get backlogs in the final 2 semesters then you may face problem in getting a good job as most companies prefer students with no backs first

So work hard now and try to clear your backs and dont repeat it again as it becomes really hectic if you have some backlogs later

Eligibility in most of the companies is 60% in their final year and some have 65% eligibility. So it depends on which company you talking about
6th April 2011, 01:46 PM
Ashutosh15187
Banned

dear friend

The students who appear for campus placements should consistently maintain
a minimum of 60% of marks right from their 10th Standard and most important
condition is that the students soliciting campus placements should not have
backlogs at any time. Some companies adopt a flexible stand with regard to
backlogs and are ready. So please dont worry, if you have clear your
backlogd, then you dont have face any problem.............
to accept the students who successfully clear the backlogs, by the date of placement[/QUOTE]
6th April 2011, 02:22 PM
Ashutosh15187
Banned

Dont worry its not an issue. First semester exam results are not considered for job. But the most important is the final year. If you get backlogs in the final 2 semesters then you may face problem in getting a good job as most companies prefer students with no backs first

So work hard now and try to clear your backs and dont repeat it again as it becomes really hectic if you have some backlogs later

Eligibility in most of the companies is 60% in their final year and some have 65% eligibility. So it depends on which company you talking about[/QUOTE]
6th April 2011, 06:54 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i am a student of c.s. branch and i have get two backs in my first semester exam. can i face any problem in campus recruitment. what about my eligibilities for various i.t. companies????
No it is not related with your campus recruitment,if you had any backlog in final year then it became a serious matter...
Dont warry...
30th April 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwynjensen View Post
If you are going to clear that 4 subjects in your supplementary exam then there is no problem in your placements..because it wont be considered as backlogs...

-> So work hard and clear the 4 subjects in your coming supplementary exam itself..
sir...is it true that 1st year results are not taken into consideration for placements?
20th May 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my engg. ...i had 3 backlogs ..which i have cleared......is there would be any problem in getting job?????
6th June 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Is backlog means standing arrear or history of arrears...
6th June 2011, 11:48 AM
gkarthikeyangkk

Default ......

11th June 2011, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

i hav 85 percentage till my 5th sem..i top my class.. my 6th sem xams are over..fearing for one backlog..if ther is a placement process now, will i be affected??????
23rd June 2011, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have three backlogs in my acedemic but now i clear every thing.i can get a call from one company they ask do u have any backlog i said no backlog.My question is i have any problem while attending the interview for this?
26th June 2011, 12:47 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You, just don't worry , your 1st semester result will not effect your campus placement.. but you have to clear all your backlogs, before your campus placement..
the eligibility criteria for IT companies -
*you must have 60% marks all over you career.
*you should not have any backlogs..
the campusing will be held when you will be in 7th semester..
so, before your campusing you clear all your backlogs..
all the best.
29th June 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

i've a back log in 5th sem and cleared al my other subjects can i do any post graduation havin back log??
30th June 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

sir , i had a backlog in the first semester and i have cleared it in the year after, im in the sixth semester now. wil it affect my eligiblity for campus interview on companies like infosys, TCS, wipro ??
8th July 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

hi i have backlog on 3rd semister on a non departmental subject so in campusing is any prblem may faced???????????
26th July 2011, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

hi i have cimpleted my mca in 2011 and presnt nw am nt haveing backlog..prevoius is thr i have cleared.....if i got offerletter from ibm is there any prob in joining....pls reply urgent...................
27th July 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i had a backlog but i have cleared it and now i am in 4th year.so am i eligible to attend campus interviews.........i have 73% aggregate
10th August 2011, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir...I just completed my engineering course in IT. This February, i got placed in Accenture through Campus selection. At that time, i didnt have any pending backlogs. But now in the 7nth semester, some problem in the evaluation resulted in a backlog in a paper which am more than confident that i wrote very well. But now am worried because Accenture has started calling its recruits and will this back log affect my onboarding like..will i lose my job? I got my offer letter...now am simply waiting for my date of join and exact location. Please do let me know sir...I would be very grateful. I am just too worried. My joining date is expected to be in the month of september. My aggregate is above 65% as of now. Givingfor revaluation of the paper is not an option because results of revaluation come out very late in our university. So i will have to write the exam anyways. Please do reply...thank u..
10th August 2011, 09:58 PM
btcs11

do not worry my friend your 1st year backlogs wont be problem if you cleared it before placements.
if there are backlogs at the time of placements it will definitely affect your career. most top MNCs will expect the candidates without any standing arrears at the time of placement. history of arrears will not affect placements in any way.
as you are CS graduate you have very good job opportunities in companies like TCS,CTS,Infy etc. with aptitude skills and technical knowledge you can easily get a job. so before your campus recruitment clear all your backlogs my friend.
gud luck
14th August 2011, 12:16 PM
saurabhkaushal333

backlogd, then you dont have face any problem

best of luck..........
20th August 2011, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

sir i am placed in TCS but i got supply in my 7th semester is there any problem regarding my Joining...
provide me any solution so that my joining is not awaited...
20th August 2011, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

sir i am placed in TCS but due to certain circumstances i got re in 7th sem.
is there any problem to my joining.
please provide me the solution to it so that my joining is not delayed.
26th August 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

i m an engineer of batch 2005-2009..but due to a backlog i got the provisional in 2010.......Now im studying mtech 1st year and we r getting tcs placement on september is there is a problem for me to place in the tcs and wat should i mention in the reason for academic gap........please tell me its urgent
28th August 2011, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done my bsc on 2009 having nd now im in mca 3rd yr.my bsc was 3 yr course bt for my illness im unable to sit for 1st yr xam.so it takes 4 yr to complete my bsc(2005-2009)(b sc is a 3yr course)is this will be treated as backlog
because accenture is asking for "no standing backlog ".plz reply
1st September 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Am doing my final yr MSc IT( 5 yrs integrated) in my first year i had arrear in Maths and am yet to clear it... my arrear exam is in nov and am working very hard to clear it this time, but in September many MNC's like wipro tcs r coming for campus recruitment.. i have above 75% from 10th std till now... i have no backlogs rather than maths... will i be able to attend the placement for tcs??
3rd September 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i have no backlog till the 3rd year first sem bt got 2 back in 3rd year second sem i m now in final year of comp engg i hav agg mark 60%..bt bcoz of backlogs can't appear for companies...how to tackle this as companies are coming now???
6th September 2011, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

iam a student of 4th btech cse (jntuk)..i posses an overall aggegate of 64%...but having 3 backlogs such as drawing from 1st sem....uml from 3rd year and daa from 3rd year.....am eligible for recruitments in my colg..?
12th September 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

hii , sir this is nakul kohli , i want to know that i have near about 8-9 backlogs n m sure i will clear all in this year for sure now i entered my final year persuing B.Tech in ECE from kurukshetra university so i need your help that will i be able to get a chance to face an campus interviews coz in nov most of the companies will come in my coleege so plzzz let me know that is there any chance for me till i will comp clear all my backlogs plzz give me some suggestions sir and my email id is [email protected] plzzz reply me soon thank you
26th September 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i am a 7th semester B.Tech (I.T) student.i hav 75% marks in 10th and 65% marks in 12th,and now also upto 6th semester my aggregate is 66%.but i hav 68.88% marks in 2nd semester.so can i apply for companies like tcs ,infosys etc??will be there any problem?thank you.
3rd October 2011, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

plz anyone tell me what is the meaning of standing backlogs???
3rd October 2011, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

what is the meaning of standing backlogs>??
15th October 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

i have 3 backlogs in B.tech First yr...presntly havng exp of 4 yrs.....n hvng a job offer from L&T....
will dese backlogs will effect my joing?????pl commnet...urgent...
15th October 2011, 10:43 PM
g m bhagya

Quote:
i am a student of c.s. branch and i have get two backs in my first semester exam. can i face any problem in campus recruitment. what about my eligibilities for various i.t. companies????
Nothing to worry about the backlogs but you must have more than 60 percent in 10th ,12th and in all the semesters .just work hard and dont get backlogs from next time.get knowlwdge about other things other than studies.
15th October 2011, 11:37 PM
raju bhai

Hi dear,

to accept the students who successfully clear the backlogs, by the date of placement
Thanks
15th October 2011, 11:58 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
No company will let you sit in the campus placements until and unless you clear your backlogs..so try to clear your backlogs as soon as you can..

Most of the companies expect a percentage of over 60% in your 10th,12th and B.Tech and some above 65% so try to keep your percentage above this mark..

Work harder and try to take help from your batchmates and friends who are doing well..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
16th October 2011, 12:13 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Don't worry .Your backlogs in first semester will not create much problem for you because it is the last 2 years and last 2semesters particularly whose marks are considered by the companies as these two years contains the branch papers.

However you should try to get atleast 60% in your b.tech as most of the companies today need atleast 60%. You must clear your backlogs before facing the interview otherwise you will be disqualified.

So don't loose hope as everything is still in your hand and you can still perform better and get job.

With Regards
rchuahan294
16th October 2011, 12:15 AM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

Dont worry its not an issue. First semester exam results are not considered for job. But the most important is the final year. If you get backlogs in the final 2 semesters then you may face problem in getting a good job as most companies prefer students with no backs first

16th October 2011, 12:53 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi dear,

to accept the students who successfully clear the backlogs, by the date of placement

Thanks
16th October 2011, 11:13 AM
shahraksh3

Don't worry much,you have only two backlogs and that too in first semester.There are people who have more than two backlogs so don't take much tension on that.For placement procedure companies don't allow live backlogs and dead backlogs are allowed .
For very few companies only , they keep criteria that no live/dead backlogs.
So don't worry there are many companies that will recruit you and be confident and you will be placed.All the best :-)
20th October 2011, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

i am a 3rd year btech student . i took 3 years to complete my 2. nd wd complte btech in 5years. during 6th sem i had got 3 suplis nd 1 resupli . as a result i got a year lag. presntly am in 3rd year instead of 4th year.now if cts comes to recruit 3rd year students den wd i b elliglbe ?
29th October 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

I was having K.T. in sem 1 and 2 but have cleared it now .So now will this be included in backlogs because now I am in 4th year and the company is asking about backlogs
29th October 2011, 08:44 PM
shahraksh3

Smile Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was having K.T. in sem 1 and 2 but have cleared it now .So now will this be included in backlogs because now I am in 4th year and the company is asking about backlogs
If the company is asking for live backlogs that is your current K.T's if you have any then you are not eligible. Only few companies don't allow dead backlogs, you are not eligible in those companies only otherwise you are eligible for all companies since you have cleared your backlogs.
30th October 2011, 12:11 AM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

Thanks
16th November 2011, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

I got selected in Infosys... i've written my 5 th semester exams... i did not do one of my exams well... i'm afraid whether i'll keep arrear in that subject... suppose if i keep arrear will it affect my placement???
17th November 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

i am a sem back student then what is the problem in future
19th December 2011, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

hello, i m a student ofcse branch and have mantained a cg of 8 in 1st year, unfortunately i have got 4 backs inm ma 3rd sem which i know is very large. m sure i can clear it as soon as possible. will i have to face a problem in campus selection????? tell me fast
8th January 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Hi I'm from commerce background and think it's the same thing in engineering as well. I on average scored around 70% in all exams but had a backlog in the 5th semester. And that was the time placements began and we took up the test and interviews and I finally got placed in a world famous finance firm. So guys don't lose heart. It all depends on how well you crack the aptitude test and interviews and try to clear your backlogs as soon as possible. Cheers!
18th January 2012, 01:12 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Many number of companies offers a following skills
Eligibility:

-You have to pass your 10th ,10+2 and B.Tech with 60% in any recognized university/Board.
-You have a good programing skills.
-You don't have any backlogs in your B.Tech
You can fulfill those qualifications yo can easily get a good job.
Good luck.....
21st January 2012, 03:50 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear

to accept the students who successfully clear the backlogs, by the date of placement..
thank you
4th February 2012, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i have got placed in infosys 2012,now am persuing my btech final year i.e 4-2....but i have got backlog for the first time in 4-1 that too in lab(practical)...would it effect me...am totally confused...please give me a suggestion... i will be waiting for your reply..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?