15th June 2010, 08:59 PM

Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

i am a student of c.s. branch and i have get two backs in my first semester exam. can i face any problem in campus recruitment. what about my eligibilities for various i.t. companies????

16th June 2010, 02:39 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Dont worry its not an issue. First semester exam results are not considered for job. But the most important is the final year. If you get backlogs in the final 2 semesters then you may face problem in getting a good job as most companies prefer students with no backs first

So work hard now and try to clear your backs and dont repeat it again as it becomes really hectic if you have some backlogs later

Eligibility in most of the companies is 60% in their final year and some have 65% eligibility. So it depends on which company you talking about
16th June 2010, 07:40 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

The students who appear for campus placements should consistently maintain
a minimum of 60% of marks right from their 10th Standard and most important
condition is that the students soliciting campus placements should not have
backlogs at any time. Some companies adopt a flexible stand with regard to
backlogs and are ready. So please dont worry, if you have clear your
backlogd, then you dont have face any problem.............
to accept the students who successfully clear the backlogs, by the date of placement
16th June 2010, 08:10 AM
jicks

Hi,

It will not affect your selection in campus interview.
Getting low marks in I sem. is understandable, but see that you are not repeating it in next year.
Some companies select candidates even in II year itself. Be careful about your performance in further semestars.

All the Best......
16th June 2010, 11:15 AM
amitraokhande

Hello,
For now there will be no problem if you can mange to clear those backlogs in next semester. Most of the IT companies check average percentage and not the semester wise marks.
My suggestion is to clear these subjects as soon as possible to avoid future burden.

Regarding the selection criteria (for freshers) it is as follows:
1) Minimum 60% in SSC, HSC and Graduation.
2) There should be no education gap.
3) Fluency in language.
16th June 2010, 11:29 AM
bbv1814

Thumbs up Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i am a student of c.s. branch and i have get two backs in my first semester exam. can i face any problem in campus recruitment. what about my eligibilities for various i.t. companies????
That is not a problem at all. First be cool and study your subjects and upto III/II maintain a percentage of about 65-70% with no backlogs. The companies are becoming strict in the evaluation process for getting hired. So, be cool study well and clear all backlogs by the time you reach the III/II Semester. K
tc...hope this info sufficient for you...
16th June 2010, 11:47 AM
Amritansu subh

Dear,
Don't worry still there is no problem,you can give exam to recover it but don't repeat it in the final year as most of the companies prefer the passed students.
Regards
**Amritansu**
16th June 2010, 02:01 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Nothing to Worry about it.

Pathfinder has said well 1st semester bad result will not harm you at the time of campusing, the thing that matters is the result of 3rd and 4th semester. But keeping the whole result stable is neccessary, because at the time of campusing they will take average of your whole semester into account.

For example:- if you have scored 80% in 1st 60% in 2nd, 70 in 3rd and so on.... aggregate in all 8 semester then the sum total of your aggregate will be divided by 8 and the resultant would be considered as your aactual aggregate. Year wise calculation may also be entertained means total aggregate sum of all 4 years devided by 4 = final qualifying aggregate. If your Institute has already that aggregate system is it ia available in almost all Engineering institutes then no problem.

This type of system is mainly applied by following recruiter:- IBM, IAF, TCS etc....
16th June 2010, 02:26 PM
vinodedacode

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Life is a challenge , face it. Your are not the first person having backs.. be possitive and try better for the next time...I think its not a problem for your campus recruitment..you must complete it as fast as possible...and keep in mind I T companies need skillful guys than merely book worms...God is with you....
16th June 2010, 02:42 PM
siddharthkathuria

Wink Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

dear friend,
don't worry as only aggregate score matters so work hard for next time and be in high spirits
all the best!!!
16th June 2010, 03:04 PM
prasad35

don't worry about the 1st year backlogs....score as much u can..clear the subjects as early as possible..there is no problem for the campus..clear all the subjects before 3-2..then you will be eligible for the campus..minimum 60% is needed for campus..and the top mnc companies like ibm , infosys, tcs need 68% r 70%..so percentage differences will be there to attend for these companies..so maintain 70% finally..
16th June 2010, 04:37 PM
Mahajan

Yes I agree that First Semester result does not harm the campus recruitment but still you have to improve yourself better even by giving best in your 2nd semester. And always target of making 70% marks in your all semesters. Infact Backlogs are not an issue but if you are thinking of 70+ marks than definitely you will maintain 65 atleast and 65% is good enough to get the best job of your choice.
17th June 2010, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

backlogs is not at all a problem for campus recruitment..just U have to clear all the subjects before attending the campus with good aggregate..some companies with backlogs are also allowing with not more than two..but the MNC companies will not allow to attend..so please be carefull and clear all the backlogs with 70% r 65% minimum..don't worry about the backlogs..just concentrate on the present semester and rock on....
2nd July 2010, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i have completed btech 3rd year,and for the first time i got a backlog in only one sub. in 3-2,now i entered 4th year the supplymentary exams will be after 4-1 exams,nd i am confident that i can easily clear it,my question is
does this backlog at present affects my career?,

because,the company placements can come in 4thyear,may be in 4-1 (i dont know exactly),if i have backlog at present(i.e.in 3-2),i am fearing that they will not allow me for interviews!,please suggest me your suggestions!

can you mail me to [email protected],i would be grateful to you all!
4th July 2010, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i have completed my 3rd year and for the 1st time in my life i hav got 1 backlog in practical.now i am in last year and placements will be in next semester i.e dec 2010 end and initial jan 2011.i am sure that i will clear backlog in exam which will be in nov 2010 and results will be declared in feb 2011. so when placements will start my profile will be aggregate of 6 semesters i.e first 3 years and 1 backlog. i am sure my aggregate will be above 60.
will this backlog affect my placement/carrer?
Do companies allow 1 backlog.please give me your suggestions.
do ibm,rakuten,amdocs,infosys,aricent,marvell,starren t allow 1 backlog.can you please list the ones which allow.
i will be very thankful to you for your valuable suggestion
4th July 2010, 06:25 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir, i have completed btech 3rd year,and for the first time i got a backlog in only one sub. in 3-2,now i entered 4th year the supplymentary exams will be after 4-1 exams,nd i am confident that i can easily clear it,my question is
does this backlog at present affects my career?,

because,the company placements can come in 4thyear,may be in 4-1 (i dont know exactly),if i have backlog at present(i.e.in 3-2),i am fearing that they will not allow me for interviews!,please suggest me your suggestions!

can you mail me to [email protected],i would be grateful to you all!

Yes you would have to face problem in getting placement basically in Government sector or defence sector.

Also you have'nt mentioned your branch, thats because companies like- TCS, Infosys, Anchor, TATA Motors etc....... had framed there Interview Criteria such that Backlog students are not allowed to sit for Interview.

However, keep your aggregate well in your finals, because in maximum cases CORE Engineering branches does'nt matters for backlogs if you have good percentage in finals.
4th July 2010, 06:37 PM
NISAMTI

hi...the main important you must concentrate on is first clear up that backlogs and from here study well such that no bach log must be there..okay,and in the campus placements they always see the level of percentage..that means for suppose you got 70% in tenth..u must get more than 70% in inter..in graduation..more tham inter...the stastiscal level of your mustin ascending order..and here dont keep any back logs..on the whole,your master degree all over b.tech must be from 65%..it is mandatory..it is according to the company you go for interview.."THE MAIN THING IS HOW THE WAY YOU PERFORM AT THAT MOMENT COUNTS "
4th July 2010, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I have get 20th rank in Entrance
4th July 2010, 07:27 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

In campus placement backlog matters only when your institution not allowing to students who have backs in their exams. but beside this you can easily apply for many companies who take the backlog students. as i suggest you should first target to your goal backlog doesn't matter when you are willing to do something as through my personal experience.
4th July 2010, 11:48 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments?

dear friend

when a company comes for the placement then in their eligibility criteria it is also there that u should not have any backlogs.

but in engineering colleges companies come in 4th year so u should cleared all the backlogs if u have any.

all the best.
15th July 2010, 10:13 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

in this world,no one hands over something,you should try oppurtunities.
no failure constraints like backlogs is a loose talk.
so start afresh and set aside some definite goals.
18th July 2010, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,i have scored 82% in sslc and 69% in hsc.i am doing electronics and communication engineering final year.i had some arrears
now.but i am having about 65% of marks.is there any problem to attend the placement.
22nd July 2010, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm a Final Year Student(E.C.E) of a college affiliated to JNTU. I've got 89% in 10th, 95% in Inter and an aggregate of 74% upto III-I. But I have got two Backlogs in III-II due to my poor health and I will not be able clear them till November. TCS is coming to our college for recruitments in October. Will I be eligible for the interview with two standing backlogs??
22nd July 2010, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

respected sir, i have scored 93%,90% and 80% in sslc, hsc,graduation respectively. now i am a final year IT student.but inbetween hsc and graduation one year gap is there due to economical problem.is there any problem for me in campus interview? please guide me sir.
thank you
23rd July 2010, 06:44 PM
NISAMTI

not at all friend..but,they wil ask for sure..why you had that gap in your study life..then,you must answer carefully.because in an interview,we must not let the interviewers be angry or under-estimated at us..okay..all the best
31st July 2010, 04:08 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you can easily apply for many companies who take the backlog students. as i suggest you should first target to your goal backlog doesn't matter when you are willing to do something as through my personal experience.first clear up that backlogs and from here study well such that no back log must bethere,and in the campus placements they always see the level of percentage
31st July 2010, 07:36 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend you have back locks clear it before the campus interview... because if you have back locks in final semester you can be eligible to response for interview they wont select if one or two some companies give chance more than 2 they don't so its better if you clear your back locks before the interview

regards
azhar
2nd August 2010, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of ece from rtu(rajasthan technical university).......i have given the exam of 6th semester...but our university result of 5th semester is still awaited.....our university always take 6 -7 months for declaring the result..........so by this pace of giving result to the student....our 8th semester result will also come late(upto dec)...so kindly suggest some company that after selection they wait for 5 or 6 months after our 8th semester....
9th August 2010, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i have completed my 3rd year in IT and for the 1st time in my life i hav got 1 backlog in practical.now i am in last year and placements will be in next semester i.e dec 2010 end and initial jan 2011.i am sure that i will clear backlog in exam which will be in nov 2010 and results will be declared in feb 2011. so when placements will start my profile will be aggregate of 6 semesters i.e first 3 years and 1 backlog. i am sure my aggregate will be above 60.
will this backlog affect my placement/carrer?
Do companies allow 1 backlog.please give me your suggestions.
do ibm,rakuten,amdocs,infosys,aricent,marvell,starren t allow 1 backlog.can you please list the ones which allow.
i will be very thankful to you for your valuable suggestion
9th August 2010, 02:02 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,
Please dont worry about placement in such an early stage of your engineering atleast because of backlogs. I know that i had more than 11 backlogs at a time in my engineering's 5th semester, but till the end of my btech i cleared all my backlogs. Hence things depend upon your dedication to your work. Now as far as your placement is concerned do clear your backlog before 7th semester and give papers from now with extra attention.
9th August 2010, 02:58 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,
This question always arises not only in your mind but also in those student's mind which are all cleard till final semester. So this is not a thing to worry.

Ok , now you have to think that what to do if you are not eligible for any job after your supplimentaries. I am suggesting you to do certain type of training program in your core or respective field. This would itself give you two type of benefits , first is that you can complete your degree within training period and second is you can have an additional course before sitting in the company interview which obviously increase the chance of your job.

So my friend in this way you can take your supplies in positive way , and never leave your confidence.
It is true that IT company do want an all cleared graduate but sometimes they do allow the somebacklogs at the end.
9th August 2010, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

sir iam student of ist year enginering from pune university and sir i got year down in ist year due to my four backlogs in ist year. so sir due to this will i eligible for campus selection in infosys,TCS companies like etc. reply sir soon. thanks.
13th August 2010, 02:18 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Getting backlogs in the first sem is very common.
But, to prevent them from affecting your placement is that, you have to clear them as soon as possible.
If you get stuck with them and are not able to clear it, then there might be a problem.
But if you clear the same, then there wont be any problem in the placement.
But make sure you have a healthy percentage throughout.

Good Luck!
13th August 2010, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I m a final year student of ece branch of R.T.U university . I had back in 4th sem which I cleared. But unfortunately I hav back in 5th sem whose paper I have given & I m sure that I will be cleared. If I get back in 6th sem. Will companies like Infosys, Wipr
o and other MNC's allow me to sit in recruitment criterion? I hav got frustreted. Pls. guide me sir.
14th August 2010, 12:46 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

there is no need to worry.

still there are lot of time.

you should pass in your backlog papers .

yes, all companies doesn't allow those student who has backlog in their subjects.
so dont worry. do hard labour.

all is well.
14th August 2010, 01:13 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

If you are able to clear your backlogs in time then there is no problem because companies lay stress on final mark sheet.

Companies generally ignore 1 or 2 backlogs but not more than that.

To be eligible for campus placement you should score at least 60% marks in all semester.
15th August 2010, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

hi i am from I.T. branch my aggregate is below 60 percent would i eligible for campus interview?
18th August 2010, 05:13 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

if u have backlogs in ur graduation and till u have not cleared it, so it will create lot of problem at the time of campus placement.

good companies want students without any backlogs.. and also they want above 60% marks throughout ur career.

so study well if u really want to get a good job. first clear ur backlogs..
21st August 2010, 11:01 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Sir, I m a final year student of ece branch of R.T.U university . I had back in 4th sem which I cleared. But unfortunately I hav back in 5th sem whose paper I have given & I m sure that I will be cleared. If I get back in 6th sem. Will companies like Infosys, Wipr
o and other MNC's allow me to sit in recruitment criterion? I hav got frustreted. Pls. guide me sir.
Hello,

Dont panic. Why do you think you will get a back in the 6th sem?
And when you are talking about companies like wipro and infosys, they do have to maintain a standard and usually people who have a god academic background. But if you are able to prove your worth to them, the job is yours. You must have your basics clear.

Quote:
hi i am from I.T. branch my aggregate is below 60 percent would i eligible for campus interview?
Hello,

That depends upon your college and the companies that come to your college.
Contact your HOD for details.

Good Luck!
22nd August 2010, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

i hv question that my freind got selected in tcs in dec 09 as he has one backlog he didnt mention to them at that time that he has back from 6 semester. now he got his offer letter . He also clear backlog and pass b.e without any backs. will there be any problem?
23rd August 2010, 08:27 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you can face many problems in final year due to backlogs.

all companies doesn't allow those students who has backlogs.

so at first clear your backlogs paper.

all the best.
24th August 2010, 01:41 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i hv question that my freind got selected in tcs in dec 09 as he has one backlog he didnt mention to them at that time that he has back from 6 semester. now he got his offer letter . He also clear backlog and pass b.e without any backs. will there be any problem?
How that happened I am unable to understand, because hidding one's backlog is not an easy task.

However, since he had cleared all his backlogs, and also recieved "Offer Letter" then I dont think there would be any problem.

Yeah basically not, because getting offer letter means job gauranteed, so no issues will be here.
24th August 2010, 08:21 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
there is no problem if you have backlogs in your 1st or 2nd semester.but if you have any backlogs in final year then it might be a peoblem for you in placements.so first clear all your backlogs and never repeat it again.some companies want 605 in the final year and some want 65%.so it depends upon the company you are applying.
All The best!!!!
24th August 2010, 09:54 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

you are a backlog student, you have many problem so face in the time of placement and interview bt you have any industry experience so you have no problem face in interview.
so good luck
24th August 2010, 11:49 AM
Raj333

dear friend
as you say that your friend got selected in tcs in dec 09 but he get one backlog in 6th semester and he didn't mention it at the time of placement.......friend it is impossible that a backlog student will get chance for placement in TCS because the list of candidate who is eligible for TCS is provided by college to the company and also TCS selection committee member checking there certificate................as you said your friend got selected in tcs with backlog and He also clear backlog and pass b.e without any backs then there is no problem because backlog is not mentioned in his 6th semester mark sheet....................
friend with backlog most companies will not get you chance for campus ...........
so will concentrate on your study and clear your backlog and don't get any backlog in 7th and 8th semester that will provide you opportunity for job.............

best of luck...................
24th August 2010, 02:34 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
You may face some problems at the time of Campusing in many companies.
But dont worry,u have much more option,for this it may be time consuming

I will suggest you to clear all backlogs ,then you should in any company online or offline.
According to me you choose a small company for your job,
after some 2yr-3yr experience u can apply in any MNCs.

Good luck.
24th August 2010, 04:01 PM
pksinha

hi
i m an engineer of batch 2005-2009..but my degree got late by one year due to a backlog and late result in may 2010 only...I have already taken the provisional degree my institute. It mentions my batch as 2005-2009 with a date mentioning the result notification date may 2010.
I have to fill a form...so what is my passing year 2009 or 2010 .
Its urgent please help as otherwise my degree would be of five years...
24th August 2010, 06:22 PM
anki_8816

Yes there will be problem a problem if you will not be able to clear your exams till 3rd year.So workhard to clear your exam.
All The Best
24th August 2010, 08:27 PM
answers_for_you

Yes you may feel some problem during the placement because ,there are some companies which will not take the students with the backlog..

But do not get disheartened because there are hope for the pacement there are also some companies which will take the students with backlog but you will have to clear those.

L&T is among them...

All the best..
30th August 2010, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i have attende d tcs interview some two weeks ago nd didn get thro the process, but later i attended it a week before and i got selected will it be a problem in future
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?