30th December 2009, 01:30 PM
Rica Das

Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad?

Hello Sir...I am pursuing a course in B.tech in biotechnology.I am currently in 3rd year at Amity University.I am actally a bit confusd regarding whethr to pursue M.tech in th same field in india or abroad.Which out of the is better?If abroad hen which country has a better scope in biotechnology?What are the scope for getting the scholarships abroad? I also want to know the scopes of integrated PhD programme in the same field?I'll be gratefl to you if u answer y question as soon as possible.plzzzzzzzzz.........try to give me the orrec information as soon as possible.thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  2. How to do Mtech in biotechnology from abroad after btech in biotechnology from India?
  3. Comparison between Biotech and B.Pharma?
  4. Which is best course between M.Sc in Biotechnology and Microbiology in India and Abroad after completing B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  5. Present scope of Biotechnology in India? Where Biotechnology has more scope in India or in Abroad?
  6. PhD in Biotechnology Entrance Exams in India and Abroad after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  7. What is the scope after M.Tech in India? Can I do M.Tech after scoring 67% in B.Tech? List of the colleges offering M.Tech in Biotech?
  8. Scope and job opportunity after doing M.Tech from Australia?
  9. Salaries after Btech Biotechnology? Scope in India and Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  11. What is the scope of biotechnology in India and Abroad? What is the salary?
  12. Scope of Biotechnology in India? How to study further studies in abroad? -- [New]
  13. Is it necessary to be 16 years old for studying abroad?
  14. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?
  15. Integrated course in M.Tech (Biotechnology) from JNU? Syllabus? Career options and scope of biotechnology in India?
  16. How to pursue masters in B.Tech Biotechnology? I am planning to apply abroad
  17. How good is Biotechnology as a career? Scope in Indian and Abroad?
  18. What is the best biotechnology course?
28th January 2010, 11:22 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad?

Biotechnology is among the top 10 hottest careers in India.

Its scope in promising specially in pharmaceutical industries.

There is no need to go abroad for it,India also have world class facilities for M.tech as well as P.hd programs in (biotechnology).

You can persue M.tech from best institutes of India like-

IIT-M,IIT-K,IITD :they are considered the best among IIT'S for biotechnology,they provides world class facilities,you know that more then 60% lab equipments for IIT's are imported from Japan,then why to go for abroad.Admission is through GATE entrance,you have to crack it with very well score,you will be also offered scholarship for it and integrated P.hd program is also there after cracking GATE with good scores.

By the way Amity university is also among the top Indian institutes for Biotechnology.

Best of luck
30th January 2010, 04:22 PM
mukilan

Default Re: Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad?

You can persue M.tech from best institutes of India like-

hi its good to do m tech
the institutes offering r
IIT-M,IIT-K,IITD :they are considered the best among IIT'S for biotechnology,they provides world class facilities,you know that more then 60% lab equipments for IIT's are imported from Japan,then why to go for abroad.Admission is through GATE entrance,you have to crack it with very well score,you will be also offered scholarship for it and integrated P.hd program is also there after cracking GATE with good scores.
30th January 2010, 08:08 PM
Senior Member+++

its scope is promising in pharmaceutical ind.
you can join m.tech
mba
pg in clinical research
these all are the best for future and after that you can either go for a job or pursue your further stuies as phd
1st February 2010, 12:09 AM
Rica

Smile Re: Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad?

Thank You so much for the reply.But I wanted to know particularly about the scope of biotechnology abroad.In which country it has good scope? Rather to be very precise i want to do my MS from Japan.Can you plz help me out in this aspect of finding out the scope in Japan and not to forget about the scholarships that I can apply for........regards
1st February 2010, 11:00 AM
sj_420

yes,definitely the scope of biotechnology is on boom in India so M.tech. will be a good option for you because it will help you in thorough knowledge of the subject and also increase your salary package and the post also.

So be prepare for upcoming Gate examination and all the best.

Please ensure that you will do M.tech from IIT's
1st February 2010, 12:40 PM
muruganchem

now recently biotechnology most popular in world and scope for this group is very bibg
1st February 2010, 12:54 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

look dear, there are a ample of scope in india and abroad but as you have asked for the scope abroad and that too precisely japan, then i will like to inform you about some of the few things in breif about japan the technological aspect is very good and futuristic. if you have certain inovativeness in you then it is better to continue and give shape to your dream research as well as do your mtech from japan and more over you can search the various colleges in japan on google that is not at all any issue to worry about and about the scholarship you can check the prime minister's scholarship for the same cause of yours do keep in mind the money expence that you are going to make there if that does not bothers you then its fine and as well as various scholarship updates are avaliable in the latest employment news edition just want to tell you that if you are seeking a career abroad then you may get it but you may then face a lot of problems instead you can do the same over here with ease. mtech is an applicative field of biotechnology where you have to think and do more and more of experiments and research which is qute different from that of the bsc biotechnology. i hope i have helped you to some extent and for more details do write to me. bye wishing you good luck
1st February 2010, 02:10 PM
gunjan pande

hi...
nodoubt better scope is there in abroad.
for this you have to appear in GRE.so start preparing for it rite now if you are really interested to make your careers in biotechnology.m suggesting you this because i have also done b.tech in biotechnology...
US, UK, Cnada are the leading countries in biotechnology.
for scholarships u can have updated informations on d link
scholarship-Positions.com.
simply register yourself on this and get updates in your mail..

all the best
1st February 2010, 02:57 PM
sarita.lohiya25

hi Rica Das

you have Btech degree in Biotechnology its very good and doing Mtech in Biotechnology is not only good but also a very very good and its scope is very spread in India and abroad also you do't very about this . only concentrate towards your study and you will become very successful in your line
1st February 2010, 06:37 PM
shikha jaiprakash dixit

you should do Mtech biotechnology,because after doing so only you will get desirable return of your education in terms of position,money and quality of work.In india many good research institute and IIT offers Mtech biotechnology with stipened,so it will be easy and usefull to do Mtech in india only.
Hopping you will be satisfied with answer.best of luck for your future.
1st February 2010, 08:18 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

ya u can do MTECH ..doing PG will surely help you to gain more knowledge in the subject.. doing MTECH in abroad is very good .. because research is better to be done in abroad than in india .
1st February 2010, 09:04 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

You can also be selected at international level in research or in companies you can be placed..........i suggest you to do it........
1st February 2010, 09:56 PM
sam_86

Hi das,i will suggest you the best to my knowledge,,MS in bio tech has tremendous scope in US,and you should get good GRE score to apply for reputed institutes..and i suggest you to get further details and relevant information regarding colleges,scholorships for the best consultancy by name jamboree..Doing mtech i think its no use because B.E is almost equivalent to MTECH,but slight difference in subjects,but it wont be so intresting for u to study on it,,,MS in bio informatics is better as you will trained well on both sides,i mean computer basics as well as biotech,, but in india more 10years is required for bio-tech to boom!!!!so better i suggest you to please join MS in out of country and do the best....
20th February 2010, 04:00 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
You have two equally options ahead either to go for M.Tech in bio technology or either give CAT or MAT exams and do your MBA in biotechnology from reputed colleges like IIM etc.
13th March 2010, 11:18 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

U opt for Mtech in bio technology... U have a bright future in research field... IN abroad also u have wide oppurtunities
14th March 2010, 04:25 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

U can do Mtech in biotechnology.. Since u are from the same stream, u have good knowledge in this field.u have good foundation... u can shine more and more....
14th March 2010, 10:50 PM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
biotech is a very good career prospect specially keeping in mind its scope in the future
i would definately encourage you to go fot MTech in the subject
after completing MTech you can even go abroad and do your own research
all the best
15th March 2010, 03:21 PM
charumat

yes it has go tgreat scope india an dabroad go for it yaar
15th March 2010, 07:59 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

yes you can do.

if you are intrested then you can do.

ALL THE BEST
23rd March 2010, 12:42 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
bio-technology is a booming carreer and there are lots of scope in this in our country.
for more details visit the site:
www.Biotechno.Netfirms.com/
here you get all the information related to your career
23rd March 2010, 12:43 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
bio-technology is a booming carreer and there are lots of scope in this in our country.
for more details visit the site:
www.Biotechno.Netfirms.com/
here you get all the information related to your career
23rd March 2010, 10:43 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

dear friend
biotech is a very good career prospect specially keeping in mind its scope in the future
i would definately encourage you to go fot MTech in the subject
after completing MTech you can even go abroad and do your own research
all the best
24th March 2010, 12:39 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

yes ,
it is better to do m.tech in biotechnology ,
and there are many good college in India which can provides you this course with scholarship.
but for this you have to give the exam of gate,
o k
all the best
24th March 2010, 12:40 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

yes ,
it is better to do m.tech in biotechnology ,
and there are many good college in India which can provides you this course with scholarship.
but for this you have to give the exam of gate,
o k
all the best
25th March 2010, 11:06 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend
you should definately go for MTech in biotech
the future of this subject is very promising
and the scope i think is better abroed than in india
just complete the course from here and move abroad to get a job or set up a research
good luck
25th April 2010, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

sir
i student of 3rd year B.TECH (BIOTECHNOLOGY) studying in lovely professional university would like to know that doing m.tech (biotech) has more scope or doing MBA in biotech has good future as i am confused in taking decision for this can u help me out that for what i should opt after B.TECH in biotechnology
29th April 2010, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

give me some idea about persuing MBA after having my B TECH course in the field of bio..tech....is it good enough to get jobs????
14th May 2010, 01:38 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes after competing B.tech in biotechnology, you can do M.tech in biotechnology.
There are very good scope of M.tech in india. To get admission in best M.tech
colleges, then just prepare for GATE exams, after clear the GATE exams, you will
get admission in M.tech...

ok
all the best.
18th May 2010, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Should I do Mtech in Biotechnology after doing M.Sc in Biotechnology? what is the scope in India?
18th May 2010, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Should I do Mtech in Biotechnology after doing M.Sc in Biotechnology? what is the scope in India?
2nd June 2010, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

SANDY, I AM CONFUSED, I MAY GET B TECK BIOTECHNOLGY IN BANGALORE AT MS RAMAIAH, BMS CE, PESIT, CMR, DAYANAND. SHUD I GO FOR IT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE SCOPE AFTER DOING BIOTECH B TECH. PEOPLE AROUND SAY IT HAS NOT MUCH OF SCOPE. PLS ADVISE. EAGERLY WAITING, OR ELSE PEOPLE ARE SAYINMG DO B COM INSTEAD. IS IT WORTH.
5th June 2010, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir...I am pursuing a course in B.tech in biotechnology.I am currently in 2rd year at kumaraguru collrge,Anna University,tamilnadu.I am actally a bit confusd regarding whethr to pursue M.tech in th same field in india or abroad.Which out of the is better?If abroad hen which country has a better scope in biotechnology?What are the scope for getting the scholarships abroad? I also want to know the scopes of integrated PhD programme in the same field?....and send me some colleges to have better education on m.tech biotech...whats the difference between m.tech and m.s in my feild....I'll be gratefl to you if u answer y question as soon as possible.plzzzzzzzzz.........try to give me the correct information as soon as possible.thank you.
15th June 2010, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

WHTS THE SCOPE OF M.TECH BIOTECHNOLOGY IN TEACHING FIELD? SHOULD A B.TECH STUDENT PURSUE FURTHER BM.TECH IF THY R IN TEACHING FIELD????
18th June 2010, 07:18 PM
munnumahi

should i do m.tech in biotech or mba after completing b.tech degree in biotech
3rd July 2010, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Smone here wants to do Btech in biotech but going to pursue bcom...............how silly
dude....scope in biotech is just like a rising sun with no clouds around........... u may opt for a research line or Mtech or MS from abroad.....u will definitely earn high
but dude......... do what is ur passion......... the thing that will satisfy you rather than thinking about having a millionoire's life...
RUN AFTER EXCELLENCE, SUCCESS WILL BE UR'S.
22nd July 2010, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

is it worth doing m.tech in biotechnology from amity university if a don't get into IIts...plzzzzzzz help me out.
22nd July 2010, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing B.E in bioinformatics and i want to go for Mtech in biotechnology,will it be a correct decision,i am very confused here, If it is correct decision than from where i can prepare through correspondence,please suggest me some coaching Institute
12th August 2010, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i am intrested in biology.i ws planning 2 tk b.tech biotech.bt evrybody around here tels dt it dosnt hav ne scope other than in research field.wich hs more scope ece or biotech?do plzzzzzzzzz rply.itz really urgent!!!
24th August 2010, 12:25 PM
nehakumari

I have completed my btech biotech now i want to do Ms Biotech from Japan Kindly tell me which is the best university and eligibility.
30th August 2010, 03:11 PM
rajesh gupta 1

Hello friend;

As you are pursuing B.tech in biotechnology from Amity

University.So you go to pursue M.tech in the same field.

For this first you have to crack the GATE and take admission.

After that you go for the job in laboratories
21st January 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

sir its necessary to do M.Tech(Biotechnology) after B.Tech(Biotechnology)???n also tell me what is the scope after B.Tech(Biotechnology)?plzz do repl.....
24th January 2011, 11:06 PM
Aradhana Sahu

Should i do M.Tech in Biotechnology after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology. What is the scope of B.Tech Biotechnology
10th February 2011, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

is it necessary to do m.tech in biotech aftr b.tech biotech.........????? b.tech z nt enough for getting a good job????? plz tell me as soon as possible .......m in final yr n as m nt able 2 decide whethr 2 search fr a job or m.tech???????
19th February 2011, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE TELL ME THE JOB PROSPECTS IN INDIA OF BIOTECHNOLOGY AFTER DOING B.TECH BIOCHNOLOGY.AS I HAV DONE B.TECH BIOTECH FROM AMITY UNIVERSITY.SO PLEASE TELL ABOUT IT..-nikita
20th February 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

AMITY UNIVERSITY : M.TECH Biotechnology?
Guys , please advice me on some facts on amity .

1. ) Is the placement in the M.TECH Biotechnology? I mean they say 100 % guarantee .

2. ) Why do people say that you will have problem in future if you do M.tech from this university ?

Will there be a problem in future , please advice me soon .

Thanks .
19th March 2011, 08:31 AM
asishkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rica Das View Post
Hello Sir...I am pursuing a course in B.tech in biotechnology.I am currently in 3rd year at Amity University.I am actally a bit confusd regarding whethr to pursue M.tech in th same field in india or abroad.Which out of the is better?If abroad hen which country has a better scope in biotechnology?What are the scope for getting the scholarships abroad? I also want to know the scopes of integrated PhD programme in the same field?I'll be gratefl to you if u answer y question as soon as possible.plzzzzzzzzz.........try to give me the orrec information as soon as possible.thank you.
Better scope is there in abroad.
for this you have to appear in GRE.
so start preparing for it if you are really interested to make your careers in biotechnology.
US, UK, Cnada are the leading countries in biotechnology.
for scholarships u can have updated informations on d link
scholarship-Positions.com.
3rd April 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

what are the job opportunities after persuing M.Tech in biotech? plz give me the list of job opportunities thanx
18th April 2011, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

M a 2nd year student of biotech...m studying in chennai...plz advise me wheather i should go 4 m.tech in biotech or MBA or MS from biotech...m realy confusd...shld i plan 4 going abroad 4 pursuing my career or shld i try in india itself..i've there's less job scope in biotech in india..plz do tel wat is scope of biotech n where in future i can get job by continuing my career in biotech..is it better 2 go abroad?
18th April 2011, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

hello, i m a 3rd year student of btech biotech. i want 2 knw if shld furthr go 4 mtech,MBA or MS from biotech...wat r scopes of dis field n is it good 2 pursue my career in india or abroad...wt job wil i get in future n is going abroad better....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?