21st September 2010, 11:49 PM
dksoni

Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now

Dear Sir,
My son is going to appear in 10+2 CBSE exam with PCM (Subjects)
Let me know the blooming Engineering trade / field after 4 years as per your expert experience please, because I am very much confused to decide the field for better future of my son after 4 years.
Kindly advice me and also provide the details of Entrance forms availability and expected dates to get the entrance application forma.
I will be highly oblige.
Regards
D.K. SONI

22nd September 2010, 09:52 AM
ravi6

Default Re: Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now

dear,
do not see future that what trades of engineering are best in next 4-5 years. just see your son interest. ask from your son that in which trade he interested. All trades of engineering are valuable and scope in industries. BEST OF LUCK..

REGARDS
ravi6
22nd September 2010, 11:26 AM
chaitu667

Default Re: Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now

Hai sir!

Since your son is studying in CBSE it is much easier to him to take advantage on the subjects. First of all I would like to mention the branches that are best engineering branches in descending order
1. Mechanical,
2.Electronics,
3.Electrical,
4.Civil,
5.Computer science,
6.Chemical.

If you are from south India preferences would change because in southern India software has more value than core. Then Electronics, computer science and information technology will be better, then the rest would be same order.

Going through the entrance exams there are few exams which are recognised as National level competative exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, BITSAT. Other-wise there are local state govt entrance exams for example EAMCET for Andhra pradesh, M-CET, K-CET, etc for other states.

Mostly IIT-JEE forms will be available in the month of mid november to december ending, AIEEE will be available from December to January and coming to BITSAT they will be out during the same months that are for AIEEE.

Good luck for your son's bright future!
22nd September 2010, 12:15 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

hi,
best engineering branch of good job like as:-
1.civil.
2.mechanical.
3.electrical.
4.computer science.
5.E.C.E. etc,
best of luck.
22nd September 2010, 01:43 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to choose a proper engineering branch is a important factor. to choose the branch first preference should give to the student's interest. in which topic he has more interest. if he had a very good interest on computer then obviously he should go for computer engineering. if he have interest on machines then obviously towards mechanical engineering.

next is the market condition. present market condition trends of engineering students towards the electronics & communication engineering(E.C.E). there are lots of student passing out from E.C.E in every year. so competition is high. but the evergreen branch of engineering is Mechanical, electrical, civil. the demands and passing out students for these stream are in balance condition.

presently in information technology (IT) branch number of student admitting less as the market condition is not so much good. after after 4years many experts think that the market will be fine and then there will be a crisis of information technology engineers. so choosing the IT is a very good future aspects but risky.

now in production engineering number of student passing out in every year is very less but demand is continuously increasing. so it is also a very good choice for the student who are taking admission in engineering.

lastly one thing is important if the student have the knowledge and the interest then he can go so far does not matter about the market condition. but if a student admit in a very good branch and the market condition is also good but he forget to study after admission then to get a job will be a very difficult. because competition is everywhere somewhere it is less somewhere it is large but competition is present.

best of luck. surely your son will go far. best of luck and best wishes.
22nd September 2010, 02:18 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
the best branch in near future is civil engineering because of the amount of infrastructure development being done in our country,
there is huge demand of an civil engineers with good pay ,some times even better than software jobs,so surely your son can opt for civil engineering.
most of the application forms for entrance exams are released by end of December,
22nd September 2010, 07:37 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Job opportunities for civil engineers is very good.

as you know core engg market are always stay in stable situation.

core engg field are not effected in the time of recession period.

core engg holders like civil engg, they can have good chance in govt sectors as well as in private sectors.

they can join in the given below govt sector

1.rail.

2.PWC.

3.NTPC.

4.DVC.

5.ONGC.

6.BHEL.

etc.

so civil engg is Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now .

all the best..........
22nd September 2010, 11:31 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now

dear sir,
No branch in engineering is good or bad.
& no one can say after 4-5 year which branch will have more job scope.
Its just a matter of your son's interest.

& you can easily see that the market of IT sector is booming .
But it is not sure that after 4-5 year it will also being boom.

& if you are intersted in governmennt sector jobs then, you should
prefer ECE,EE,ME,Civil,Chemical etc.

Other wise for private sector jobs you can choose CSE,IT as well as ECE also.

good luck.
22nd September 2010, 11:43 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

I am giving the list of engineering stream in descending order that will be in demand in

next 4years:

1. Mechanical engineering

2.Civil engineering

3. Electrical engineering

4.Production engineering

5.Auto mobile engineering

6. Bio Technology

7.Electronics and communication and engineering

8. Chemical engineering

9.computer science engineering

10.B.Arch

Now it is your choice.

Thank you
22nd September 2010, 11:51 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

I am giving the list of engineering stream in descending order that will be in

demand in next 4years:

2.Civil engineering

3. Electrical engineering

4.Production engineering

6. Bio Technology

8. Chemical engineering

9.computer science engineering

10.B.Arch

Now it is your choice.

Thank you
23rd September 2010, 01:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Because of our present Economic condition (which is fluctuating) it is difficult to predict which branch is the best. You should better meet a counselor. Also it is important to check which field he will be most comfortable. Check out in which all areas his strengths lie. Decide on that basis.
25th September 2010, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i completed my diploma in computer engg and now going my degree from instrument pls tell me is it better field??
25th September 2010, 10:02 PM
subhash1206

1. Mechanical,
2.Electronics,
3.Electrical,
4.Civil,
5.Computer science,
6.Chemical.
core engg holders like civil engg, they can have good chance in govt sectors as well as in private sectors.

they can join in the given below govt sector

1.rail.

2.PWC.

3.NTPC.

4.DVC.

5.ONGC.

6.BHEL.

best of luck
1st October 2010, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

What about Automobile Engineering ?
2nd October 2010, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

is IT engineering good or computer engineering? i have a interest in both. but as now i have taking IT as my
branch in first year degree so should i change it in second year if given a choice or is IT only good?
which one has a better scope after year's?
2nd October 2010, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

if i completed my it engg. And couldt get a job After 4-5 year what i can do? Pls give me some advice..
2nd October 2010, 07:20 PM
Ragha3728

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksoni View Post
Dear Sir,
Let me know the blooming Engineering trade / field after 4 years as per your expert experience please, because I am very much confused to decide the field for better future of my son after 4 years.
Kindly advice me and also provide the details of Entrance forms availability and expected dates to get the entrance application forma.
I will be highly oblige.
Regards
D.K. SONI
With the CBSE syllabus the candidate will more facinated towards
physics, chemistry it will be better for the candidate to take EEE,ECE,CSE-ENGINEERING COURSES.
2nd October 2010, 07:43 PM
shubham polisht

my dear first u should decide why u want to do the engineering, from now lets start notice, your habits your interest, none of the trade is bad the thing is that if u have interest then u will definitely succeed............and keep in mind never take admin in college which is near village..........coz we cant explore there if it is a private college....
and for me
electronics and communication
cse
electrical
mech.
civil are the priority
2nd October 2010, 07:54 PM
manikanta437

deffinetly ece
next to it are
mechanical
cse
electrtical
my opinion is that any branch we should be excel in it
2nd October 2010, 09:22 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

this question is very common today which branch is better and which is bed but one thing i want to tell you that no brach bad every field gives us some valuable thing,but see in which branch you can do better so that you can get good valuable job.
the branch in which you can do best is good for you,ok
branches are
CS,EC,EE,EN.EI,ME,AE,MARRINE,etc
these all are best.
2nd October 2010, 10:09 PM
nehabareja

hello sir,
it's good that you are very much concern about our son's future.engineering has its own place among all of the other fields.in coming years engineering will surely have a great boom..several new fields and diverse areas with their own specialization are existing some of which includes :-
civil engineering which is further divided into:-
1.structural engineering
2.geotechnical engineering
3.enviornmental engineering
4.transportation engineering.
5.water resource engineering
6.construction engineering
further engineering also includes aeronautics,robotics, mechanical engineering,IT sectors too have good scope.
entrance dates & exam pattern regarding entrance exam, you can easily find it on link:-
http://www.successcds.net/engineeringentranceexam/
http://www.successcds.net/
http://www.winentrance.com/engineering_entrance_exam/

with best regards!
good luck to your son!
3rd October 2010, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

i am the student of ece in diploma and i want to know the scope of ece in govt. sector as well as private sector
3rd October 2010, 01:41 AM
dharmdeom

civil engineering is best engineering branch as per my opinion.......because large infra structure need large ammount of civil engineer
3rd October 2010, 02:32 AM
vik111

Arrow Re: Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now

I am listing of some branches of engineering which will be booming in next 4-5 years:-

1. mechanical engineering
2. chemical engineering
3. civil engineering
4. electronics and communication engineering
5. biotechnology
3rd October 2010, 03:23 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of AIR FORCE BAL BHARATI SCHOOL, NEW DELHI.
i Have PHYSICS CHEM MATHS ECO & MATHS as subjects in 10 2.
i am an international football player too.have been to switzerland to represent india.
i am good in scores also. i scored 89% in 10th boards.
i have cleared the NDA exam. i am looking forward for ECO hons. also in DU.
i just need some of your advicises to help me choose my career.
highly oblidged.
thanking you.

Sajal dhall
([email protected])
3rd October 2010, 04:35 PM
mseetharamster

The good engineering branch is the mirror image of the market demand.....
now in INDIA all rush for the engineering because its market is mainly based on it...
for example in the world INDIA is the top of out sourcing that too regarding software.....so all rush for software....

many companies take engineers irrespective of the branch.,
mechanical,electronics,electrical have never come down like CSE,chemical engineering is a struggling branch with high salary among all branches but less opportunities,
bio-technology now its rising...

its better to take in interest of your son because any engineer is required even after any years sapn
3rd October 2010, 07:12 PM
aotiwari

Right now industry oriented branch will fetch him a very bright future.
For Eg:
MECHATRONICS(combination of mechanical and electronics engg) : huge demad.
ENTC is another good field (can get into any industry)
Mechanical & Civil is an evergreen field.

But practically speaking see your son's interest. if he likes to play with gadgets ENTC is a very good stream to choose.
3rd October 2010, 10:23 PM
sarang.thakre

Quote:
Dear Sir,
I will be highly oblige.
Regards
D.K. SONI
this question is very common today which branch is better and which is bad but one thing i want to tell you that no brach bad every field gives us some valuable thing,but see in which branch you can do better so that you can get good valuable job.
the branch in which you can do best is good for you,ok.....
i want to suggest if u want to go for oil and gas sector petroleum engineering is u r option.mechanical,civil engineering is u r best option..
i thing many student going for IIT AND they best in there knowledge so i thing u definatly go for IIT, BECAUSE its very good option ..OK BEST OF LUCK
5th October 2010, 12:07 AM
Raj333

dear friend
Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now are

mechanical engineering
civil engineering
electrical engineering
chemical engineering
production engineering
industrial engineering
fire and safety
electronics and communication engineering
biotechnology
Computer science engineering
aerospace engineering
aeronautical engineering
automobile engineering
construction engineering
metallurgical engineering
mining engineering
marine engineering
petroleum engineering
petrochemical engineering

best of luck....................
5th October 2010, 01:33 AM
Nucleusdev

In this age there are many branches but three unique branch which can be providing by very fem colleges.
1NANOTECHNOLOGY
2.PETROLIUM
3.aeronautical
5th October 2010, 06:09 PM
meeria

dear friend

according to me bellow good branch are

next 4years:

2.computer science engineering

3.Civil engineering

4.. Electrical engineering

6. Bio Technology

8. Chemical engineering

9.Production engineering

10.B.Arch

good luck
5th October 2010, 09:13 PM
sanjusabu

As you are looking for engineering for your son then you should go for the following streams :-

1) Computer Science & Engineering.
2) Electronics & Communication Engineering.
3) Electrical Engineering.
4) Mechanical Engineering.
5) Civil Engineering.
6) Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
7) Production Engineering etc.

The top five streams are really good and have very good career opportunity in future.
6th October 2010, 12:53 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now

Quote:
Dear Sir,
I will be highly oblige.
Regards
D.K. SONI
dear Mr. soni,

let me clear first studing engineering is your decission or your son's decission?let him choose his own choice of study field.and give respect of that.if really he want to study engineering then i advice you all engineering fields are and will be boomed the world at any time.so engineering field is not a place of share market where you can predict will it return higher or not?so sir forget about return and tell your son to prepare well for entrance exam and do well for it.encourage him.if your son get interest in any field then he will definately do that well.

and there is so many entrance test in india like IIT-JEE,AIEEE,state engg examination,CET-karnatak.etc.

so keep watching newspaper for advertishment and details information.

tell him a good luck from me.
16th October 2010, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

excellent response from your side i now have the idea thanks for you
18th October 2010, 08:46 PM
mohit brh

I want to say that if your son is interested in engineering than there are many branches for him. these branches have great scope in both private and public sector like
M.E
C.E.
E.C.
E.I.
E.E.
only these branches are good.
19th October 2010, 06:08 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

hi,
First of all i will tell you to carry out an analysis about the likes, dislikes and interest of your son.
Don't push him onto your expectations.nowadays IT sector is the best pay giving and growth rate is vast, but we can't predict the future as the recession has shown us the pink slips.Also every field has its scope. Let the interest come first, if then he is not able to choose, then put him into mechanical, electronics or computer science stream.
19th October 2010, 09:37 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello,
I can definitely give u a satisfying answer as i am also pursuing engineering from IIT DELHI.
If u are asking about branch ..then these are - electrical & computer science .
Then mechanical , biotechnology .
But before taking any furthur step , u should get as much as information about these branches and then tell ur son. The branch which he finds interesting .. let him pursue that.
Most popular exams for engineering - IIT jee, AIEEE, DTU university exam.
If u have any furthur quiery can contact me : 9811881737 (after 8 pm).
19th October 2010, 10:15 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

hi Friend !!

well the scenario 4-5 years from now...will be toataly different since nascom has told that there will be plenty of IT jobs by 2020...and certain core branches like mechanical,civil and electrical have there demands all through the decades....So any stream of your choice...if you manage to do well...will be a good stream...
25th October 2010, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

what is scope pf chemical eng in future?
15th November 2010, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

hi! friends

choose those branchs you have intrested because knowledge make scope to himself
so choose those branch you intrested

Yogesh Baghel
6th January 2011, 09:43 AM
black angel

i have just college in science stream. i in dellima for which engineering wud be the best me to study
15th January 2011, 10:58 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Best Engineering Branch which will have good scope in 4-5 years from now

Quote:
Dear Sir,
I will be highly oblige.
Regards
D.K. SONI
Dear friend,
I think Computer science engineering and Information Technology streams are very effective for jobs prospective...
16th January 2011, 11:14 PM
Amair khan

hello friend
i believe all the engineering branches are good but as far as my opinion "communication" field will help your son very much in the near future as this field is very much important in govt sectors as well as it is developing at an astonishing rate at individual level.

so in my opinion ece is the best field as you can have electronics as well as communication field in ece both are best at the moment and will be best in near future.
28th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Hello everybody,
I am harish and pursuing in final semester of CSE diploma cource.and i am very confused to select a branch among CSE nd ECE, for my degree course, because i m very interested in Electronics specially in Wireless Transmission system.Also have the basic knowldge of Electronics and it is my hobby playing with electronics circuits,experimenting with transmission circuits.I everytime think to make some kind of wireless devices and i had tried many time.
29th January 2011, 12:50 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello!!!

If you have that much inteset in electronics then you can better go for ECE in your BE/Btech after your diploma course.

That will be a good option for you.

Thank you!!
2nd March 2011, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Best engineer branch
20th April 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

i am rakesh appearing engeneering entrance exam iwant to know which branch is good and will have czrrier prospects im ain bangalore karnataka im intrested in mechanical but no compleate idea for that branch which college is good to studymechanical what is it scope in india if i unable to get mechanical suggest me othe r branch please reply me inmmedeatly my councilling ishortly thanking you
21st April 2011, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

I passed my 12th board this year.
Please tell me some thing about b.tech ?
Which branche is better?
Is it better to go in railway or bank sector ?
23rd April 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

i am diplomo mechanical comleted. futher studies what i am going to study?
13th May 2011, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

respected sir, .. . . . . . v. i want to ask u that can girls choose all branch of engineering please suggest some suitable branches for girls samiksha
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?