5th September 2012, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd?

no it is not neccesory to clear net exam before p.hd
6th September 2012, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

i just completed a phd in computer science ... i am working in a private college... do i need a csir net score to become a lecturer in govt. colleges
25th April 2013, 07:09 AM
Unregistered

Hi ,I have completed my ph d in 2011 and I want know whether I should clear net also for lecturership
25th April 2013, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to do phd in the subject from which we have cleared ugc net exam or we can do phd in other subject as well...plz reply soon
30th May 2013, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

I am doing phd in management .Is ucg-net is the necessary qualification to become a professor?
1st July 2013, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

it is enough to clear net exam for being college proffesar ?
21st August 2013, 09:22 PM
Chiranjib Chakrabarti

Default Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2139983]Plz tell which are the colleges in India that provide P.hd (fulltime o part time) without NET[/QU

NET is criteria for getting CSIR/UGC scholarship.However NET is mandatory for PhD in many institutes .Without NET you have options for GATE/SET for doing PhD with fellowship.JEST is also there for PhD fellowship(Physical /Computer Science/Mathematical Science).You may Join TIFR for PhD .Some institutes (Including leading institutes like NIT/IIT/IIEST/IISER)having their own institutional fellowship for PhD.But you need to qualify a written exam conducted by the department/Institute.
If you could not crack NET/GET/JEST/Institution Fellowship or other PhD entrance exam you may still join PhD with/without scholarship

1) If you are Faculty from any AICTE approved institute(Private/Govt), AICTE gives you opportunity for higher study with some grants/Funds.But for that you need to contact your institute authority.
2)If you are institute topper ,you may apply for INSPIRE fellowship
3)Some professors/associate professor may run project(personal project with fellowships for project assistant).If you enter into the project,you will be given stipend for doing that.generally these projects are three year project.within these three year you may work for PhD with stipend.If within this time span you could not complete your research work, your research guide may apply for extension of the project for 1/2 year.after that stipend will not be given.
4)you may participate for full time PhD work without stipend .You need to arrange your self expense and part of the PhD expense by your own effort.I would like to recommend you to do theoretical PhD work for "PhD without stipend".

Best of Luck

Regards
Chiranjib Chakrabarti
Assistant Professor,Department of Basic Science and Humanities
(RERF,Kolkata)
e-mail : [email protected]
15th December 2013, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

why the UGC is allowing the relaxation for PhD holders from passing NET.?candidates should be qualify the the national level test knoW?then whats the need to conduct such exams?UGC should consider NET is the basic requirement for all the candidates who are trying teaching post in college and universities..
31st August 2014, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a lecturer snd want to do it from microbiology .so is it necessary for me to clear THE CET entrance exam?
22nd October 2014, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

I QUALIFIED M.A. IN 52% MARKS AND LLM 62% MAY I APPLIED FOR PH.D . I DO NOT WANT TO QUALIFY NET EXAM ALSO THANKS
5th January 2015, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I got 54.1% in my m.sc microbiology on 2011.from 2011 to till now I work as analyst in food and water samples as microbiologist. But I eager to do PhD on microbiology. Is it possible for me? In which institute give the opportunity to me
9th February 2015, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Thanks for this blog and suggestions.
I am 35.
2001 Electronic and communication engg Punjab technical uni pass out.
Later 6 experience in IT/training.
Then just received (Sept 2014) Master in Electronics Engg by full research (non gradable) from Malaysia reputed public university.
Stayed away from India for 5 years.
Willing to do PHD in operation research. Wants to know is such study is recognizable in India or not? And if, yes with master in research is eligible to get place in reputed govt universities ?
Thanks
Harpreet Singh
12th February 2015, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

My daughter has completed MSc with 69% is it necessary for her to clear net as she wants to start Phd
30th March 2015, 07:34 PM
amanshrivastava98

No., its not at all necessary to clear the NET Exam for pursuing the Phd. NET is a qualifying exam for those who want to get a teaching job or to become some research scholars somewhere but for a simple Phd you just need a master degree with a reputed percentage.
Yes some percentagein the master degree is exempted in the master degree for those who pursue their phd after clearing the NET.
9th December 2016, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I am doing phd from an agricultural university. . Can I apply for UGC NET and I intend to secure maximum marks as possible and qualify for JRF. Will I be eligible for fellowship then which will help me for completing P.hd?? Is it possible?
11th February 2017, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

I registered for PhD (Physics) in 2013 and will be awarded next month? I didn't qualify NET. Am I eligible for lecture position?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?