21st January 2013, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements

Iam B.E(E&C) graduate from 2008 batch.....after finishing studies i was pursuing Civil services exam ...but i couldn't clear it ...now iam planning to do MBA....will it be a problem if i tell that i was trying for IAS all these years.....will they consider me?
27th February 2013, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements

I completed my BBM in 2012 november which was supposed to be completed in 2012 may due to one backlog. nw its already feb 2013. so pls guide me wen should i get admitted to MBA to gt rescued frm a year bck.
27th February 2013, 07:00 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
an year gap can produce an adverse effect on the chances of yours of getting a particular job. If you move in for the job but with one year gap, then you will be given the less priority. Instead, a good thing which can be done by you is that you should join any particular field work and gain practical experience which you can add into your resume and get better opportunities in the future.
27th February 2013, 07:14 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Yeah.. Year Gap Will Surely Affect Your Placement.
Most Of Thje Companies hire freshers.. but If you provide them a good reason for the gap, you will not be much affected.

The year gap will only affect your package and the problem will be faced only during the interview as they gonna ask you questions such as why you took the gap.

But Don't worry, your marks a good which will definitely help you in the placement and you will be given preference.

All The Best
4th June 2013, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I completed Btech in 2011 but did not get job in reputed company. So my work experience is zero. Now I want to join cdac in 2013 august batch, would it help me getting good company with good pay? Or my gap will create problem?
4th June 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi ! I completed Btech in 2011 from computer science. But did not get job in reputed company. So now I want to join cdac course in august 2013 batch. So would it help me getting good company with good pay? or will this gap create problem?
16th March 2014, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Presently I am in bsc(non medical 1st year) but I want to change my course and do honours in mathematics. Will this create any problem during placement in government jobs such as IAS or government teacher or lecturer?
12th May 2014, 12:14 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

The maximum academic gap that is allowed for the candidates at the time of campus placements is 2 years.

You have only 1 year of academic gap.

If you are able to show the proof for the same, then you will be eligible to apply for the campus placements.

Please don't worry much about this and concentrate on your academics.

You have good percentage of marks in all your academic levels and try to repeat the same even in MCA course also.

Try to apply for the job opportunities from the final year of your MCA course itself.

It would be better if you get the job through campus placements otherwise there is huge competition in the outside market.

Get the placement papers of top IT companies and start preparation from now onwards.

Be strong enough in subject knowledge and communication skills which are the key to get the job.

Wish you all the best.
21st June 2015, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

HI,
Am I eligible to work in MNC. I did B. Com with correspondence ,will a company like TCS, Wipro, Infosys etc. select me?
22nd June 2015, 12:39 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Hello
Yes year gap between graduation and post graduation effects your placements.
But at the time of interview when you are asked cause of this then you should give proper reason to satisfy panel. Then it will not create major problems. And be confident on your answer.
Thanks
11th August 2015, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

hi sir..i completed my graduation this year 2015 and i will take admission in mba in 2016 which means a year gap.so i wanted to know what internship or course i can do so that when i am asked for a year gap reason atleast i can say.i want to do mba in finance so suggest me some companies or firms or anything where i can do internship for few months ...
18th May 2016, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

I completed my gradution 2008 and I do not continue my study but now I do addmition pg so l need gap certificate please answer me
22nd May 2017, 07:30 AM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in 2015 and then for 2 years I was preparing for CDs and banks now I want to apply for MBA for 2017-19 session can I apply or the above mentioned reason by me for a gap will create problem when I sit for placements??
23rd May 2017, 04:40 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> If you have a proper reason for which that year gap happened,companies may accept your proposal and recruit you on the basis of your skills .
-> So be confident enough about everything . Its not a issue in front your skills as companies are in dire of recruiting talented candidates.Just prove what you capable of .
28th June 2017, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B com in 2015 thereafter I did not join any educational institution. Now can I eligible for internal M com.
13th September 2018, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th in 2012 after that 2yrs gap in bcom graduation will I face a problem in getting job....
17th October 2018, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursuing Mca First year and I have one year gap already and now I want to Leave the mca off financial problem and get the coaching of full stack developer.... Give me a correct answer
28th April 2021, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in 2016, I am working in financial sector, now I want to do regular MBA along with the job, so does gap of 5 years effects?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?