19th December 2011, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do C.A. with science stream?

Iam a engineering graduate after completion of diploma(metallurgy).I got 68% in engineering.I heard that non commerce graduate need not necessary to write CPT.Please give reply as soon as possible.
5th February 2012, 03:59 PM
despire007

yes you can do CA with science stream as there is no such restriction that only commerce student can do CA. for this you have to appear for the CA exam and the forms are available for purchase fill it and start preparing for it.
13th April 2012, 08:56 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

s you can do C.A. CA course is all about common sense it is easy to understand, but you will just have to learn basics of accounts from some private tution rest of subjects for Bcom are not hard, but for ca exam it will take a lot of hardwork.
12th December 2012, 04:54 PM
ashis.career

Hello friend,
yes you can do C.A. with science stream,
if you had the maths as your background.
now the thing you need to do is just join any good coaching institute and do your preparation regularly.
if your parents are not willing to support for you doing C.A.
then convince them that you have interest in doing C.A.
because nothing is possible without their consent.
15th December 2012, 10:42 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
C.A. is a generalized stream, just like MBA and it is open to any branch people. So being from science also you can go for C.A. Since you wish to fulfill your parents dreams, so better you first go for B.Sc. You take any specialization that you like in B.Sc. After you complete that on in your final year only you can opt for the entrance examination of C.A. which is called CPT or common proficiency test. This test is of 200 marks and is of objective type. The examination contains two papers of 100 marks each and is held on the very same day between 10:30-12:30 and the next one between 2-4 pm. The subject topics are Fundamentals of Accounting and Mercantile Laws,General Economics, Quantitative Aptitude. So first I would suggest you to get into the coaching center for CPT, get accustomed with the subjects and then go for the test. This year the test was set for December, so you cannot participate in it now. Go for the CPT next or next to next year.
23rd January 2013, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

I am student of bio 12 but m not intrested in medical so can i do CA?
2nd April 2013, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

If u go 4 science to be a CA, thats not a problem u can definitely do it... but except for maths ur two 2 yrs with physics n chemistry will be waste off, n it will become more complicated 4 u to achieve CA in ur lyf. ur 2 yrs with B.St and accounts will be beneficial for u..

So i suggest u shud go for commerce....
15th May 2013, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

i have interest in physics and maths but i just hate chemistry so please suggest which stream i should go for science or commerce?
17th June 2013, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

i'm studying in 12th grade nw. ive chosen science stream so would it be possible for me to go for CA ? ans also tell me that right after my intermediate what should i do to go for CA ?
14th December 2013, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Hi sr i m a studnt of class 10 i want to do CA but my parents are saying tha i have to do CA by taking science it would be a burden for me how can i do it what sould i do???????
13th April 2014, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

after b com and licentiate associated and fellowshiop in insurance what r further opportunity
20th November 2014, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

hi , i am completed bca , i like to do ca . it is easy for me? and i got 86 in cost management in bca
27th August 2015, 08:49 PM

No you cannot do C.A.wit science stream and as easy as commerce stream
cause commerce student has different advantage
he has accountancy and economics which are major subjects in CA
14th March 2017, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I am a pcm student 12 appearing and I want to do ca how much time it would take to complete 11 and 12 commerce and after it what problems I will have to face.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?