1st June 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibilty criteria and procedure to apply for IAS exam

Hi, I am doing my B.com, I am in final year but I have back log in Second year of my degree, can i apply for IAS preliminary exams, please guide.... I really want to become an IAS officer & serve for my country.

Related Questions:
  1. Exam pattern of IAS exam? Procedure to get the application form? Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for civil serves examination
  3. Eligibilty criteria for Mass Communication in Delhi? Can I apply through Music Quota?
  4. Criteria, application procedure and syllabus of IAS and ISS exam?
  5. Eligibility for IAS exam after having supplementary in graduation? Procedure to fill IAS application forms?
  6. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam? -- [New]
  7. What is minimum criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  8. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?
  9. Procedure to apply for IAS entrance exam? Date to apply and the requirements for the same?
  10. Eligibility criteria to do MS or Ph.d in UK or Europe Universities? How to apply for scholarship in universities?
  11. Procedure to apply for IAS exam if I am a Chartered Accountant? Syllabus of it?
  12. Procedure to apply for IAS after Chartered Accountant course?
  13. Upcoming dates and procedure of IAS Preliminary entrance exam 2016
  14. Procedure and Required Eligibility criteria to give IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MCA course? Where can I get the forms to apply for this Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam if my subject is Commerce?
  15. Procedure and eligibility to apply in IAS for B.A. Pass candidate?
  16. Procedure and required Eligibility criteria to get placed in Google?
  17. How to get into government sector after completing B.Tech degree in CSE with 65%?
  18. Can I apply for IAS exam after completing 12th? Is height an eligibility criteria for IAS? I am 18 years old
28th July 2011, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

I AM B.E SECOND CLASS MY PERCANTAGE 55% I AM ELIGIABLE FOR IAS EXAM PLEASE TELL ME ANSWERS MY AGE 25 NOW DOB 11.12.1986
6th September 2011, 02:13 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

to apply for the ias exam candidate must have to complete the graduation from the recognized indian university and his or her age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

general and obc category candidates are allowed to attempt 4 and 7 attempts respectively for this exam. whereas sc/st category candidates can attempt for this exam for unlimited times.

this exam is consist of the three parts
1) preliminary exam
2) main exam
3) interview

the final all india rank will be determined by the aggregate score of these all three exams.

to apply , for latest notifications about this exam , previous year question papers kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
10th November 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

how to apply ips exm 2012
25th April 2012, 10:54 PM
srinivas933

Hi.

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) the exam is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
-> The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.
-> Final year candidates are also eligible.
-> Age limits is 21 years to 30 years, 3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
-> Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :
* Preliminary exam,
* Main exam,
* Interview.

For more details visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th May 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

wat is the time period of ias exam?
29th May 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I am geetha completed my degree and I got second class whether i am eligible for applying IAS. my caste (MBC). please guide me sir.......
1st June 2012, 12:32 AM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend.
eligibility criteria for upsc is:
1. passed in graduation with minimum 50% of marks.
2. must be a citizen of india.
number of attempts:
number of attempts is fixed for general and obc category.
for general category- 4.
for obc- 7.
for sc/st- no maximum of limit.
first of all you need to appear in prelims exam of upsc (csat)- this is objective test.
this test is divided into two parts. paper1 and paper2. each paper contains 100 number of question.
after clearing prelims you will have to appear in mains- this is a subjective test of two paper which you have been elected.
and after mains you will be called for interview and after getting success you will get the job based on your ranking.
all the best.
13th June 2012, 04:18 PM
guruvana244

To become an IAS officer you have to apply an entrance exam, this exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:
The candidae should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university of india.

Percentage is not revised for this exam.

Final year appearing candidates may also eligible.

Nationality:-
A citizen of india.

Age criteria:
The candidates age should be in between 21 years to 30 years,

For OBC candidates age should be in between 21 years to 33 years,

For SC/ST candidates age should be in between 21 years to 35 years.

Selection procedure:-

Civil services preliminary exam,

Civil services mains exam,

Personal interview.

No.of attempts:-

4 times for General candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more details visit UPSC website

All the best.

15th June 2012, 11:33 PM
rockstarrocks

HI dear,

The eligibility criteria for Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) is that you need to complete your under graduation course and your age group must be between 21-30 years.Since,you have completed your MBA you can definitely go through the CSAT examination.

As CSAT is one of the prestigious exam conducted by the UPSC board hence you can get the application forms from the head/central post office of your city.The test is basically held in two stages i.e preliminary test and mains.

The preliminary stage consists of two papers,200 marks and 2 hours for each exam.
The first paper basically consists of History of India,Current events,Indian and World geography,Economic and Social development and general science.
The second paper basically consists of English part i.e Decision making and problem solving,mental ability and basic numeracy.

You can get the notification and other such details in the official website of the UPSC i.e

Thanks
16th June 2012, 12:39 AM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi dear,
The eligibility criteria for Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) is that you need to complete your under graduation course and your age group must be between 21-30 years.Since,you have completed your MBA you can definitely go through the CSAT examination.

As CSAT is one of the prestigious exam conducted by the UPSC board hence you can get the application forms from the head/central post office of your city.The test is basically held in two stages i.e preliminary test and mains.

The preliminary stage consists of two papers,200 marks and 2 hours for each exam.
The first paper basically consists of History of India,Current events,Indian and World geography,Economic and Social development and general science.
The second paper basically consists of English part i.e Decision making and problem solving,mental ability and basic numeracy.

You can get the notification and other such details in the official website of the UPSC i.e

[URL="http://www.upsc.gov.in"]http://www.upsc.gov.in
thanks
16th June 2012, 02:46 PM
Bugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msowmya View Post
hello

I have completed my MBA i have interest to apply for IAS please guide me how to apply and how to prepare and achieve my target
First of all i wish you all the best because IAS is the one of the Good Post in India.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service Exam this exam is conduced by Union public Service Commission For Every year.

Eligibility Criteria:-
>>You should be complete the bachelor degree or Engineering degree in any stream from recognized university's.
>>You should be complete the age of 21years and not above 30 years.
>>You should be citizen of india.

IAS Examination Have Three Stage's:-
>>Preliminary Exam
>>Main Exam and
>>Interview

Number of Attempts:-
>>General Candidates for 4 attempts
>>OBC candidate's for 7 attempts
>>SC/ST candidate's No limit's For attempts.

How To Apply?
You can Apply in IAS Entrance Exam in two way's
>>Online:-In Online You go this http://www.upsc.gov.in website and fill up the form and the form.

>>Offline:-In offline You can go to post office then purchase the IAS entrance exam form and then fill up the details to send the Union public service commission address.

For More details Please visit on official website:-http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf how to crack IAS.pdf(1.45 MB, 249 views)
File Type: pdf Gendral-Studies-2010.pdf(130.9 KB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf GENERAL_STUDIES_PREL_2005.pdf(138.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: pdf GeneralStudies-2004(pre).pdf(158.9 KB, 75 views)
9th August 2012, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i persuing pgdm from iittm gwalior i want to doing IAS PLG SUGGESSD
10th August 2012, 01:46 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) is that you need to complete your under graduation course and your age group must be between 21-30 years.

Since,you have completed your MBA you can definitely go through the CSAT examination.

THANK YOU
10th August 2012, 04:17 PM
EALPExpert

Quote:
hello

I have completed my MBA i have interest to apply for IAS please guide me how to apply and how to prepare and achieve my target
::: Information About IAS Exam :::

IAS stands for indian administration service exam and this is conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services examination every year once for requiting the dist collector post.

For writing the IAS exam, you need to qualify the required requirements they include educational qualifications and required age limit and selection procedure are given bellow.

::: Required Requirements :::

For attending the IAS exam required educational qualifications are you must completed the ANY GRADUATION from recognized university and here not required any percentage.

Secondly required minimum age limit should be 21 years and maximum should be 30 years and here upper age limit for reserved category candidates as per govt rules such as 3 years for OBC category candidates and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Third one is you must be citizen of india.

Remember, you can apply only 4 times for civil services exams. If you are OBC candidate and then you can apply 7 times and NO limit if you are SC/ST candidate.

::: Selection Procedure :::

For become a IAS officer the selection procedure is based on the preliminary examination and main examination and interview. Apart from first conducted the preliminary examination and this containing the 2 papers and after qualifying called for main examination and this containing the 6 papers and after qualifying directly called for interview.

::: Apply Procedure :::

1. First of you need to go website : http://upsconline.nic.in.

2. And the you need to observe the new window,

3. In that observe the IAS requirements option, and then click on it.

4. After that you need to click on the part 1 registration.

5. And then it will open the registration form and here you need to fill all correct information like Personal Details and Educational Qualification and Address.

6. And then click on continue button bellow.

7. After that it will open the second page in that you need to enter all information.

8. And then click on continue button bellow.

9. After that it will open the third and fourth page in that you need to enter all information.

10. Finally challen generated download it.

11. After that go to any normalized bank and pay application fee or pay online only by using the credit card.

12. And then again repeat 1, 2, 3 steps and after that click on the part 2 registration and here you need to upload your photo and signature and etc information correctly.

13. Finally click on submitted button given in bellow.

14. That's it.

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
29th November 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

I m completed msc in computer science now can I apply for ias
28th February 2013, 09:05 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
hello

Yes Off Course,your eligible to apply for IAS Entrance Examination after Completing your MBA Course ..

::: Information About IAS Exam :::

IAS stands for Indian Administration Service Examination and this is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission

IAS Examination is Under This Civil Services and this Examination held every Once in a year . The Applicant who aspiring to become an Collector than the applicant shuld Appear in this IAS Examination .

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Examinaiton :-

This Examination require Educational qualifications , The Applicant must Qualified in Any graduation Course from recognized university and there is No Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

The Applicant age should be minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for the candidates who belong from sc/st and obc candidates .

The Applicant must be citizen of india.

Number of Attempts :-

-For General candidates :- 4 Times
-For OBC candidates :- 7Times
-For SC/ST :- No Limit

::: Selection Procedure :::

The Selection procedure for this Examination is divided into Preliminary Examination /Main Examination and Interview .

::: Apply Procedure :::

===>> You have to through the website : http://upsconline.nic.in.

===>> You have to Observe the IAS requirements option, and then click on it.

===>> Finally challen generated download it.

Reference Books for IAS Entrance Examination :-

~~ Objective General Studies For UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination by A. R. Khan
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited
Price: Rs. 180

~~ Basic Numeracy by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSC Portal
Price: Rs. 240

~~ UPSC Portal: General Mental Ability Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal Publications
Price: Rs. 230

~~ IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

~~ UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

~~ UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

~~ UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150

~~ Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations by M. Laxmikanth
Price: Rs. 410

~~ Modern Indian History by Tarique Mohammad
Price: Rs. 250
28th February 2013, 09:53 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello

For applying to IAS you can do it on www.upsconline.nic.in after the notification is issued.

For preparation here are some basic tips:

* Read newspaper daily.
* Read books of ncert class 6th till 10th.
* Prepare aptitude from RS aggarwal.
* Study daily for 4-5 hrs.
* Practice good english books.

LOT more to do....Work Hard.
5th May 2014, 01:52 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You need to complete your graduation degree in regular stream as a strict eligibility part. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?