7th October 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required and eligibility criteria to appear for IAS/IPS examination?

im Gunasekaran......can i speak in tamil in interview..
13th November 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required and eligibility criteria to appear for IAS/IPS examination?

i have done 10th and i completed b.com in correspondence in age basic. i dint studied puc. but i am degree holder in mysore open univercity. can i take ips exam. please mail me r replay. mail: [email protected]
16th November 2011, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

what is the educatational qualification for IRS
6th December 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

what should be agreegate to appear for ips exam in graduation
6th December 2011, 09:21 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi.. what is the qualification to write IAS or IPS exam? please reply to my email [email protected]. if we have done p.u.c wil we qualify for this. please help..
thank you.
hi,
If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to pass the graduation in any stream you want from the recognized university.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:-
>pass the graduation from recognized university.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7
> Must be citizen of India.

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last date of receipt of exam:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

good luck!
7th December 2011, 08:59 AM
akashcg02

Quote:
hi.. what is the qualification to write IAS or IPS exam? please reply to my email [email protected]. if we have done p.u.c wil we qualify for this. please help..
thank you.
hiii friend,

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
7th December 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage in graduation to eligble for ips
12th December 2011, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi, im Santhosh. i eager to do IAS. But i'm a diploma holder. After completion of 10th standard i have completed D.E.C.E(dip in ECE engg). then through correspondence i did BCA degree and completed with 63%. Right now doing MBA in corress. So, just want to know whether i'm eligible for IAS? please fwd me the reply to my maild: [email protected]
15th December 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

sir
meri age 10.06.2012 ko 21 year hogi kya me IPS k liye apply kr skta ho? plz help me sir
15th December 2011, 10:43 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
thank you.
dear friend,

Minimum Educational Qualification:

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages.

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually
conducted in May)

2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during
October/November)

3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May).

good luck.
24th December 2011, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

wHAT IS THE MINIMUM QUALIFICTION FOR BANK EXAMS
7th January 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Can i enter IPS without complete my Engineering arrears"?
11th January 2012, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

i got supply in physics in 2nd year will this hamper the eligibility criteria of civil service?help me out sir
28th January 2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

where the applications are available
31st January 2012, 08:01 AM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Minimum education criteria - Graduate

A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
5th February 2012, 08:36 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Educational Qualification

A candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporate by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of amendment or declared to deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age eligibility:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.
23rd February 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I am studing in Bcom 3rd year.
i want to know in appearing i am eligible to sit in exam or not.
28th February 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me what is the physical requirment for ips
7th March 2012, 11:03 PM
harshit agrawal 2021

my dear...........

INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE IS THE ONE OF THE CIVIL SERVICE EXAM IS CONDUCT BY UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION(U.P.S.C). IT IS THE VERY THOUGH EXAM BECAUSE MANY CANDIDATES TO APPLY THIS EXAM SO YOU WILL PREPARE FOR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE BOOKS,HISTORY OF INDIA,APTITUDE BOOK AND CURRENT AFFAIR YOU WILL GOOD TO PREPARE YOUR SURE IN PASS THIS EXAMINATION.

THE QUALITIES TO BE REQUIRED IAS OFFICER ARE:
>>THE CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE A SELF CONFIDENCE,POSITIVE ATTITUDE,COMMANDING ABILITY,PATIENCE AND QUICK DECISION MAKING,LEADERSHIP, HANDLING THE SITUATIONS. THIS QUALITIES TO BE REQUIRED THE IAS OFFICER.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS:
1)THE APPLICANT MUST BE A INDIAN.
2)THE APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE DEGREE WITH RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY WITH ABOVE 50% FOR GENERAL CANDIDATES AND ABOVE 60% FOR OTHER CANDIDATES.
3)THE APPLICANT AGE SHOULD ABOVE 21
4)ATTEMPTS:
1)SC/ST APPLICANTS : NO LIMITS
2)OBC APPLICANTS : 4 YEARS
3)GENERAL CANDIDATES: 7 YEARS

STAGES OF IAS ENTRANCE EXAM:
1)PRELIMINARY
2)MAINS
3)PERSONAL INTERVIEW.

CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION (DATES):
>>NOTIFICATION :4-2-12
>>LAST DATE OF APPLICATION FORM SUBMISSION:5-3-12
>>EXAM :20-5-12

YOU WANT TO MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE IAS JUST CLICK THE BELOW LINK:
http://WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN

ALL THE BEST.....:-)
8th March 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification and % of marks for IPS Exam?
Is the question for IPS based on H.S FORMAT?
How to appear an IPS exam? Please help me my email [email protected]
8th March 2012, 09:52 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to appear in IAS/IPS exam.... Both the exams are conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for administrative/Police service respectively...These exams are called civil service exams..

Eligibility for IAS/IPS exam:----------------------
--------------------------------------------------

1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university..
2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
3.No such percentage of aggregate is required..
4.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..
5.The candidate must be a citizen of India...

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, no need to bother about the percentage of marks in graduation....

Just try to complete the graduation course first...

All the best...
8th March 2012, 09:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS/IPS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE/INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IAS/IPS officer one has to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

QUALIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should be a Graduate in any stream of education from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years of age which is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST candidate and up to 3 years for OBC candidate.

The General Candidate can attempt Civil Service exam for Four times
The OBC category candidate can attempt Civil Service exam for seven times
And there is no limitation to the number of attempts for SC/ST category candidate.

For more detailed information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
11th March 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Do these IAS/IPS officers work any kind of hardwork for the public?(against crime like human trafficking etc.)
Do they try to solve the problems of public for which they join this service?
13th March 2012, 03:09 PM
TrinityKiller

Your daughter is eligible for B.Pharm course. After that she can do M.Pharm. Colleges in Anand are,-
1. Anand Pharmacy College
(AICTE Approved) (PCI Approved)
Near Town Hall, P.O. Anand - 388 001
Courses: B. Pharm (Bachelor in Pharmacy) (Seats:60)
M.Pharm: Pharmacology (Seats: 10)

2. A.R. College. Of Pharmacy & G.H. Patel Inst. Of Pharmacy (AICTE Approved)
Vallabh Vidya Nagar, P.B. No.19,Dist Anand - 388 120 Gujarat
Courses: B. Pharm (Bachelor in Pharmacy) (Seats:30)
M.Pharm: Quality Assurance (Seats: 8), Pharmaceutics (Seats: 10)
13th March 2012, 10:23 PM
Dexter_Morgan

Well there are many UPSC exam but since you didn't specify about which exam you want information so i ll give you the details of most of the UPSC exams.

NDA ::This examination for selecting students at officer post in ARMY ,NAVY and the AIR FORCE .
Its is conducted by UPSC
Held two times in a a year .
You must have passed class 12th in any streams for ARMY and for NAVY ,AIR FORCE physics and maths are the compulsory subjects
You should be between 16.5 to 19 years of age

CDS::This examination for selecting students at officer post in ARMY ,NAVY and the AIR FORCE and OTA
Its is conducted by UPSC
Held two times in a a year .

For ARMY and OTA
You must have passed your graduation
You should be between 19 to 24 for ARMY and 19 to 25 for OTA

For NAVY and AIR FORCE .
You must have passed your graduation with physics and maths as a subjects
You should be between 19 to 23 years

Civil service :: .
Its is conducted by UPSC
Held one times in a a year .
It consist of two phases preliminary and the main exam .The preliminary is of objective types and common for all students and main consist of ::

1.Written exam
2.Interview

You must have done your graduation
You should be between 21 to 3 years of age

IES :: .
Its is conducted by UPSC
Held one times in a a year .

Its for those students who have completed their engineering in ::

Mechanical engineering
Electrical engineering
Civil engineering
Electronics and communications

You should be between 21 to 30 years of age .
13th March 2012, 11:59 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the
Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an
Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age Limits:-A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2012, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1982 and not later than 1st August, 1991.
14th March 2012, 12:01 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Sorry to say but you need a graduation degree in any discipline for being eligible for Civil services exam as minimum eligibility is :-
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age Limits:-A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2012, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1982 and not later than 1st August, 1991.
14th March 2012, 12:02 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Default Re: ips

For being eligible for IAS/IPS exam, you just need to be graduate . There is no issue of percentage criteria in graduation for being eligible for Civil Services exam
14th March 2012, 12:09 AM
masuka123

hello friend,

you are eligible for I.P.S officer exam after completing your graduation in any disciplined in any recognize university.

The other requirement for this exam below here..........

1.Age should be

For General 21-30 years.

For OBC 21-33 years.

For SC/ST21-35 years.

Numbers of attempts...

For General- 4.

For OBC-7

For SC/ST no limit

Physical requirements.............

Height -165cm. for general / OBC/SC/

height -160cm. for ST

Chest for men 8cm with 5cm expansion

chest for women 79cm with 5cm expansion.

Eye: Distance vision.

For good eye 6/6 to 6/9

for worst eye 6/9 to 6/12

Near vision:

for good eye J1

for worst eye J2

if you wants some other requirements you are visit to there website.

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.........

2. Attempts for general- only four

3.for OBC
14th March 2012, 05:50 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,.
IAS (Indian Administrative Service) and IPS (Indian Public Service), to become a IAS AND IPS you need to apply ICSE (Indian Civil Service Examination), this exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

These IAS AND IPS are under Group A services.

Eligibility criteria:

You need to complete your graduation from a recognised university.

Age must between 21years to 30years.

The candidate must be a citizen of India.

For more details visit the website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
22nd March 2012, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Can a Chartered Accountant without having any graduation degree appear for the Civil exams
24th March 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir,on this year i have completed my B.A. with English Honours,so can i apply for an I.A.S. Exam.Please help,
28th March 2012, 10:08 PM
shirley_schmidt

MPSC Stands for Maharashtra Public Service Commission

MPSC exam is conducted to recruit the aspirants into various govt.posts and there are 3 classes in this exam.
Class I
Class II
Class III

Eligibility Criteria of MPSC Class I and Class II Officers Exams:

Age limits :
(a) OBC: 35 years
(b) SC/ST/NT: 38 years
(c) Open Category: 33 years

Educational Qualifications: You must be a graduate with 60% or above

Eligibility Criteria of MPSC PSI/STI/Assistant Exams:

Age limits:
(a) OBC: 35 years
(b) SC/ST/NT: 38 years
(c) Open Category: 33yrs/for PSI exams it is 28 yrs

Educational Qualifications: You must be a graduate with good percent

And you must be an Indian. Your age should should be within the above mentioned age limits.

Exam pattern of MPSC is :

The pattern will carry 3 phases. They are;
>>Prelims Exam
>>Main Exam
>>Interview

Physical Standards for MPSC exam:

Height: 165 cms.
Chest: 84 cms. (Unexpanded)

Compulsary subjects in MPSC exam are :
General Studies – I
General Studies - II
Marathi
English
29th March 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

which stream i should select to become IAS?
5th April 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

what is the percentage need to apply for IAS/KAS for physically disablities whats the rule
6th April 2012, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

I am BBA(ism) student from 2nd year i want to apply for ips exam when to apply it and what criteria are needed and what qualification is required plz answer me ?
6th April 2012, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MBA(HR) But now I want to do IAS exam preparation & but i don`t know what is the processor of this exam & In which month entrance exam held & whats documentation required for this exam.plz tell me the complete detail of this exam plzzzzzz.
15th April 2012, 09:28 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC once in every year.

Eligibility criteria:
Any graduation from a recognised university.

Age limits is 21 years to 3 years, 3years age relaxation OBC candidates and5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure:
Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Interview.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
15th April 2012, 06:51 PM
maya_sarabhai

dear friend,
If you want to give GATE exam then through GATE you will get admission in top M.Tec colleges like IITs.
Eligibility for GATE exam is:

1.Candidate should be a Indian citizen.

2.Candidate should have done his/her degree in any of engg. trade.

3.Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre – final year of such programs.

4. Candidate should have min 50% marks in degree.

Some of good institute you will get through GATE:
1.Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
2. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
3. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
4. Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
5. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
6.Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
7. Indian Institute of Technology Madras
8. Indian Institute of Technology Roorke

The cost of the form Rs.1000. Online form cost is Rs.800 for OBC and general category students. For SC/ST students the cost is half of that.

The application forms will be available in September. The forms are available until October 3rd week. Filled forms can submitted online until October last week and offline before November 1st week. The results come out by March mid week.

best of lk..
14th May 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I m graduate for B.com(hon) 2011.kaya karna hoga mujhe.
16th May 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

B.E(Bachelor of Engineering) students are qualified for IPS? plz reply ..
26th May 2012, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, please tell me how much percentage required for upsc examination in tenth and twelveth standard
26th May 2012, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, please tell me how much percentage required for upsc examination in tenth and twelveth standard
2nd June 2012, 06:19 PM
bhargavipooja

Smile Re: What is the minimum qualification required and eligibility criteria to appear for IAS/IPS examination?

Quote:
thank you.

Hi,

IAS eligibilty criteria is as follows:

Academic Qualification:
Graduation course from any recognised university.

Age Limit:
21-31 years (3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST)

Number of permissible attempts:
4 attempts (7 attempts for OBC and unlimited for SC/St)

Fee:
100 rupees (no fees for SC/ST).

thank you.

3rd June 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Default having arear

if i am a B.E students having arears, can i apply to i.p.s examination.
10th June 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

hi 12 th mark is 49 ./. Is valid of I A S an I P S
15th June 2012, 09:33 PM
tl.com

hello friends
Full Details About IAS/IPS Exam.

These Exams are conducted by upsc Government Every year. The only Exam is Base of these Entries Is Civil Services Exam.IAS, IFS, and IPS are the top three services of Group A, Central Services. The other Group A services include Indian Customs and Central Excise Service, Indian Revenue Service, and Indian Postal Service.

Minimum Qualification you need is Graduation from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS.

& Age must 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

P.U.C is pollution Under Control Certificate. And You need to write Civil services Exam to get into This IAS or IPS job.There's No other way to Enter into these Jobs.

Civil Services Exam consists of preliminary exam (prelims), main exam (mains), and interview.This year prelims is on 12.06.2011 . Mains is on 29.10.2011. The exam Results are notified in December. Application forms can be obtained from designated General post offices around the country.

All The Best!
thanks
20th June 2012, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Is a qualified Professional like CA, CWA or CS who is not a graduate, eligible for the civil service entrance ?
21st June 2012, 03:59 PM
kavi gopani

hey,
the minimum qualification required for IAS and IPS is that you must have completed bachelor in any field from AICTE approved college and age should be more than 21 and less than 30
and for this you have to give UPSC which is all india civil service entrance exam and it cannot be done through PUC
information can be obtained from UPSC website itself where you will get evrything along with sample question papers with solutions
21st June 2012, 07:17 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

IAS stands for Indian Adminstrative Service.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

These Civil Service exams are conducted by the union public service commission once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Nationality:

The candidate should be citizen of india.

Educational Qualification:

The candidate must have completed the graduation from any recognized university.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible this exam.

The final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

The age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for the obc candidates.

5 years age relaxation for the sc/st candidates.

No. Of attempts:

4 attempts for general category

7 attempts for obc category

there is no limit of attempts for sc/st categories.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Civil Service Aptitude Test

Main exam

Interview

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?