28th June 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

Sir,
Actually my brother has passed ( 2) in Bi.P.C (Biology, physics, chemestry) with 64% . But he s very interested in computer field and also now he wants to do B.C.A.
so plzzzzzzzz help him how he can join BCA & for what are the collages he is eligible?

Related Questions:
  1. BCA or B.Com from GNIIT: better option after 12th standard with commerce? Percentage required in 12th?
  2. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  3. Can we join B.E IT after BCA? I am a commerce student
  4. Being a student of commerce can I do well in BCA?
  5. Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do BCA?
  6. Can a commerce student pursue BCA course? Procedure of admission to BCA course?
  7. Can a commerce student apply for BCA?
  8. What is the minimum percentage required to do BCA from BIT Ranchi? How could I apply for BCA in BIT Ranchi
  9. How can I get a good job in future? I'm a BCA student in 2nd year and have done commerce without Maths
  10. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  11. Can I apply for BCA with 47% marks in 12th standard?
  12. What is the scope of doing BCA? Is it good to choose MBA after BCA completion?
  13. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  14. Can I join BCA after passing commerce with computer application? What is the qualification for this course?
  15. Am I eligible to do BCA being a Diploma holder?
  16. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate? -- [New]
  17. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  18. Possibility to pursue M.Sc(IT) or MCA after completing BCA? Best course for BCA graduate?
29th June 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

which date to submit application form for bca in distance education(mku).
1st July 2011, 05:41 PM
littleheart09

You habe to pass 12th Science or Commerce pass with English and one of the following subjects- Mathematics/Statistics/Business Maths.
With minimum 45%.
19th July 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i have completed 10th with 65% marks. am i eligible for BCA?
19th July 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 10th with 60% marks. am i eligible for BCA?
23rd July 2011, 06:27 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

You have to minimum 60% marks in 10+2 level mathematics,physics,chemistry are the compulsory subjects.It requires 3years duration course.In andhrapradesh they are some colleges this course offered.In Vizag there is one college this course offered.That is Dr L.B degree college.
Yes my friend you are eligible.
8th August 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

sir myself bhabesh.........i am a commerce student and i got 3rd division,it really embrsd feel to me...............but i i want to get a degree in BCA. can i get admsn in BCA institutes
or colleges.............sir plzzzz help me...i m really confused .............plzzzz sir also mail me...my email. [email protected]
as soon as possible plzzzz tel me sir........
8th August 2011, 11:05 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

Yes commerce student can apply for BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application)

Qualification:

* You should have get minimum 60% in 12th.

* Some colleges requires maths in 12th and some not.

Colleges for BCA course:

* College of Business Studies(CBS)

* SRM university

* JSS Academy of Technical Education

* R.C. Institute of Technology

* IGNOU

* Madras University

* Beri Institute of Technology

Best wishes
8th August 2011, 11:24 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

B.C.A i.e Bachelor of Computer Application and it is a three bachelor degree course.It consist of Six Semesters and it is full of software related course.

Qualification required for B.C.A :-

The applicants must have a complete the 12th from any recognized board or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination.

Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

Any candidate can apply for this course.There is no particular stream like Commerce or Science.Any eligible candidate can apply for this course.

There is no entrance examination for this course.

Those who are completed 12th from a recognized board or equivalent qualification.The candidates can apply for this course.

You can learn many Basic languages in this course.The Basic language are C,C++ and other then there is a different language are Java,Operating System,Microprocessor,Visual Basic,Asp.net.....etc.
9th August 2011, 05:20 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Well of course a commerce student can apply for BCA.In order to pursue BCA you need to complete your 12th exam.
16th August 2011, 01:15 AM
Sehwag6

The minimum qualification required for bca is 12th with maths and above 55%marks.after that you do mca. That is the good and have great future. All the best
22nd August 2011, 02:55 PM
dhruv007

of course , you can apply for BCA and after that MCA, even then when you have not mathematics. most of the universities provide admission to BCA even without having Mathematics at 10+2 level. Like- IGNOU, AMITY UNIVERSITY MANIPAL UNIVERSITY ,Institute of Technology and Science, UP
Institute of Management, Madhya Pradesh
Guru Gobind Singh IP University, Delhi,
College of Business Studies, Delhi
Madurai University, Tamil Nadu,
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra,

But during semesters you need to study one extra subject i.e MTE (Mathematical Instrument)
ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!
22nd August 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Maths subject Important in 12'th for bachlar of computer application plz.answer me
5th September 2011, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I have Business Maths in 10 2 and also have Computer . so i can do BCA in IGNOU without MTE ?
8th September 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

BCA is SCIENCE / COMMERCE OR OTHER ????
30th September 2011, 04:00 PM
ANKIT050

hi dear,

Eligibility

Education Qualification

The minimum education qualification required for the BCA course is 10+2.

Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks in 12th board.

Colleges for BCA
There are lots of colleges for the BCA which takes candidates without Maths subject at 10+2.

1.Integrated Academy of Management and Technology, DR. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Universty, Senate House, Agra-282004

2.Institute of Management-Developmental Research, Makhanlal Chaturvedi, Rashtriya-patrkarta VishwaVidyalaya, E-8 Shahpura, Bhopal-462016

3.Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra Haryana

4.College of Business Studies(CBS) Delhi University Delhi

5.Institute of Technology and Science, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut

So you can join the above institutes also as they don't required Maths at 10+2 for BCA course.

GOOD LUCK
19th October 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT LAST ADMISSION AND I AM DOING BCA FROM SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY IN AZAMGARH SO I WANT TO TRANSFER FROM AZAMGARH PLEASE REPLY TO ME NOW
25th November 2011, 12:29 PM
ayerawar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Vashisht View Post
Absolutely commerce students are eligible to do BCA and MCA. Even Arts students are eligiblr for the same.

Generally Mathematics is considered to be compulsary subject to get admission in BCA.

But now days most of the universities provide admission to BCA even without having Mathematics at 10+2 level. Like- IGNOU, Amity University, Manipal University, etc.

But during semesters you need to study one extra subject i.e MTE (Mathematical Instrument)
Absolutely commerce students are eligible to do BCA and MCA. Even Arts students are eligiblr for the same.

Generally Mathematics is considered to be compulsary subject to get admission in BCA.

But now days most of the universities provide admission to BCA even without having Mathematics at 10+2 level. Like- IGNOU, Amity University, Manipal University, etc.

you can get admission to bca course
4th December 2011, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

can you tell me if there is a college for Commerce student for admission in IGNOU University in mumbai for BCA.
27th December 2011, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED,
IAM A COMMERCE STUDENT WITH THE SUBJECTS ACCOUNTANCY BUSINESS STUDIES ECONOMICS AND COMPUTER APPLICATION
CAN I DO BCA COURCE IN KERALA. PLS DO REPLY ME
29th December 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Please let me know the name of good BCA college in Kolkata & admissiion procedure , course fees
2nd March 2012, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student. i have got 77.47% in 12th. there are 94 marks in statistics. butttttttttt i am not intrested in business. butttttttt i like maths.
can i join the bca caurse?
is it good and better for my career?
please relpy me,
5th March 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

without maths but with computer science we are eligeble to bca?
12th March 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I 've completed my XI COM in 98, there after I attended the college for 12th Com but failed to fill from and discontinued due to some problems.
Now I am working in MNC as technical associate and want to do BCA. What will I have to do, can I undergo any preparatory program and join BCA.
15th March 2012, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

is computer is neccessary in 12 for bca. Plz reply
25th March 2012, 02:55 PM
mujthaba ap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir
i am a Humanities dtudent. My subject's are economics,political science,English,sociology and History.
my friend said to me ''can get bca alone sceince student.
can 12 humanities group join for bca.
please reply to me
ya you should get BCA without maths in +2,i am persuing my bca without having maths in my +2 from ignou,so you can take bca from manipal university,amity university,ignou or aoutonoumos institutions also.
good luck
25th March 2012, 06:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

BCA-BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION is a three years under Graduate course.

The candidate having completed 12th in any stream form a recognised Board with 60% marks is eligible to apply for BCA course. The candidate must have Mathematics as a subject in 12th in order to apply for BCA.

Some top Institutions conduct entrance exam for admission to BCA Course when other conduct admission on the basis of mark secured in 12th.

As a Commerce student you can apply for BCA course provided you have Mathematics in 12th level.
26th March 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i m science student but i failed in maths so can i get admission in B.C.A
PIZ RPLY
26th March 2012, 09:07 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujthaba ap View Post
dear sir
i am a commerce student my subject's are economics,political science,English,business studies and accountancy with accounting financial statement
my friend nasimudheen said to me ''can get bca alone sceince student''
and also my other freind said to me about bca ''can can commerce student get BCA'' so i am very happy.becuase i want to get a degree in BCA.

so now i want to know more about can commerce student get bca without maths

so please reply to me
HI!
Yes, after passing 12th with commerce stream you are eligible for B.C.A course.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam...

TOP B.C.A college in India:-
St Xavier's College, Kolkata

St Xaviers College, Ahmedabad

St Stephens College, Delhi

University Enclave, Delhi

St Xavier's College, Mumbai

Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai

Madras Christian College

Presidency College, Chennai

Presidency College, Kolkata

GOOD LUCK!
27th March 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

What is I have mathematics but not computers in my commerce, can i opt for bca?
27th March 2012, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

what is i have mathematics and not computers in commerce, can i opt for bca then?
27th March 2012, 10:23 PM
therazrguy

what if i have mathematics and not computers in commerce, can i opt for bca then?
28th March 2012, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

pls letme know bca in Kolkata any one from south kolkata can contact youreduguide
30th March 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I am commerce student.i had given 12th exam in 2012,my subjects are economics,accounts,statistics,english,commerce,com puter.i want to know that am i eligible for doing bca?please reply.thank you.
16th April 2012, 04:07 PM
itgenx

after +2 any one can apply for BCA. But some college are need +2 with math as criteria for BCA..
17th April 2012, 12:50 AM
Rajgour

yes,
commerce student can apply for BCA course.
after 12th you can apply for BCA but you should learn computer course.
8th May 2012, 06:37 PM
tash1991

Hello Sir,

Eligibility Criteria for BCA degree:

1.A Candidate should should complete thier +2 in any recognized board
2.A Candidate should take a computer science group in +2 or Commerce with Computer Science
3.The minimum marks to scored in HSC is 55%

BCA-Bachelor in Computer Application.

For joining this group you know the basic of the computer skills and also the computers languages like c,c++,HTML.These are the core one when you join in the BCA group.
You should also be a talented person in the computer.Some of the colleges recuriting the students who took commerce in their HSC.In BCA accounting also will also play a important role.

In B.Com the couses can be classified into different types like

B.Com(General)
B.Com(Bank Management)
B.Com(Corporate secretary)
B.Com(Accounting and Finance)

you can also choose the any one of these courses if you interested.

Thanking You sir,
10th May 2012, 04:31 PM
mujthaba ap

Quote:
Sir,
Actually my brother has passed ( 2) in Bi.P.C (Biology, physics, chemestry) with 64% . But he s very interested in computer field and also now he wants to do B.C.A.
so plzzzzzzzz help him how he can join BCA & for what are the collages he is eligible?
dear friend,
all +2 studentds are (passed) eligible to do BCA, not only science students but also commerce and humanities stdnts.so your brother can do BCA.i think he have no maths from +2,if he have maths from +2 he can do BCA from any university And if the candidate have no maths from his +2 some universities provides BCA for those students.
if you dont minde check the below university's website.

1.IGNOU http://www.ignou.ac.in

2.manglur university http://www.mangaloreuniversity.ac.in/

i think amity http://www.amity.edu ,manipal university http://www.manipal.edu provides BCA for non maths students.

and all the autonomous colleges are provides BCA for +2 non maths students.

one of the best autonomous colleges from karnataka http://www.staloysius.ac.in/
that st aloysius college website not included BCA in their course option, i am sure there have BCA bcos my frnd havebeen studying BCA from st aloysius. And if you want to know more about the same contact with the principal.
10th May 2012, 04:39 PM
mujthaba ap

Quote:
BCA is SCIENCE / COMMERCE OR OTHER ????
this is a good qstn,
BCA is the mixture of science and commerce,like a ignou BCA student have computer scnse,accounting and manegerial economics also if you want to know more download the latest syllabus of BCA from ignou website.
10th May 2012, 04:48 PM
mujthaba ap

Quote:
RESPECTED,
IAM A COMMERCE STUDENT WITH THE SUBJECTS ACCOUNTANCY BUSINESS STUDIES ECONOMICS AND COMPUTER APPLICATION
CAN I DO BCA COURCE IN KERALA. PLS DO REPLY ME
yah ofcrse,you can do BCA.
u know ,the minimm elgblty to BCA is that candidate should studied maths or statics or computer application or computer scince as a subject from their +2.
i think all the university's from kerala provides BCA.
like calicut,mg,kerala and kannur universities. check these universities website and ensure this same.
good luck,
18th May 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;400342]i want to do bca but i dont have maths can i do bca without maths..??
plz reply[yes you can,but in most of the institutes maths is compulsarily wanted subject,but there are some institutes offering BCA without maths for admission]
29th May 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

SIR, I WANT TO KNOW THE DETAILS OF B.C.A COURSE AND COLLEGES IN KERALA AND ALSO THE ADMISSION PROCESS.IS THERE BETTER JOB PLACEMENTS AFTER B.C.A
30th May 2012, 12:01 AM
shakeelahmad786
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujthaba ap View Post
dear sir
i am a commerce student my subject's are economics,political science,English,business studies and accountancy with accounting financial statement
my friend nasimudheen said to me ''can get bca alone sceince student''
and also my other freind said to me about bca ''can can commerce student get BCA'' so i am very happy.becuase i want to get a degree in BCA.

so now i want to know more about can commerce student get bca without maths

so please reply to me
YES COMMERCE STUDENT CAN DO BCA AND MATHS IS COMPULSORY BUT MANY UNIVERSITIES ARE HAVING BCA WITHOUT MATHS EXAMPLE; IGNOU, Amity University

SHAKEEL
12th June 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

is it right for a science student to study B.C.A.
14th June 2012, 08:53 AM
tl.com

Hi dear,

A commerce student is eligible for the BCA course. As in many institutes in India the requirement of Maths is must for the BCA course. But there are also some of the institutes where the requirement of Maths is not necessary.

So you can apply in that institutes where the Maths is not necessary for the BCA course. The detailed eligibility criteria and the institutes taking candidates for BCA without Maths are mentioned below:

Eligibility

Education Qualification

The minimum education qualification required for the BCA course is 10+2.

Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks in 12th board.

Colleges for BCA
There are lots of colleges for the BCA which takes candidates without Maths subject at 10+2.

1.Integrated Academy of Management and Technology, DR. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Universty, Senate House, Agra-282004

2.Institute of Management-Developmental Research, Makhanlal Chaturvedi, Rashtriya-patrkarta VishwaVidyalaya, E-8 Shahpura, Bhopal-462016

3.Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra Haryana

4.College of Business Studies(CBS) Delhi University Delhi

5.Institute of Technology and Science, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut

So you can join the above institutes also as they don't required Maths at 10+2 for BCA course.

GOOD LUCK
thank you
22nd June 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12 class and i got 53% marks in cbse i don't have ip and maths as a subject can i elligible for bca
17th July 2012, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

m an arts student nd i dont have maths nd comp as my subject so what should i do ??do bca will accept me??
1st September 2012, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my graduation in BBA but with 49% ,i can take admission in MBA next year and i have OBC certificate which can helpful for me for this .Pls help me to solve this query .
ASAP
17th February 2013, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

I am studied b.com ., but now I am select b.c.a course. Is without maths in b.c.a available in any correspondence institute in Tamilnadu?
13th March 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

i m in Arts of class 12....i need to study BCA as i chose IP subject ....i didnt take maths...so,can u give me details of this line...can i do BCA without maths??
what will be my future & what kind of job opportunities will be available?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?