11th October 2016, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?

I am Gouri from Kerala. Now I am studying in 12th with Commerce group in State Board. I wish to do BCA after my 12th. Can I able to do this course? Is Science and Maths subject are necessary for BCA admission? What is the minimum percentage of mark required for BCA admission in 12th? Can I able to study BCA outside Kerala since I have taken Commerce?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study BCA if completed 12th without Computer Science? List of colleges in Kerala, scope and syllabus of BCA program?
  2. Eligibility to study BCA for a candidate who has secured 44% in 12th? List of colleges in Kerala?
  3. Can I study BCA if secured 47.5% in Maths of 12th? List of colleges, syllabus and job opportunities of BCA?
  4. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  5. Is it possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marsk in 12th?
  6. Is my 12th percentage enough to get admission in BCA course? -- [New]
  7. Eligibility for BCA and MCA without having maths as subject in 12th level?
  8. What's the eligibility criteria to pursue BCA course after 12th? List of the top colleges for the same?
  9. Can I study BCA with IT and without Maths in 12th? Is it necessary to study Science in 12th for further pursuing BCA?
  10. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which is better to study among BBA and BCA for a candidate who has secured 74% in 12th Commerce?
  12. Eligibility to study BCA for a candidate with 57% in 12th WBCHSE? List of reputed colleges in Kolkata?
  13. Can I pursue BCA course after completing Intermediate without Maths as a subject?
  14. Which is better to study among B.Sc(IT) and BCA after completing 12th Science? What kind of jobs I will get if pursue BCA?
  15. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?
  16. Can I pursue BCA course after completing class 12th with Arts stream without Maths, Physics and Chemistry as subjects?
  17. BCA course is suitable for science student? C+ language is tough for BCA students?
  18. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
14th October 2016, 08:53 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of three years which has a great scope in the software world as the world is emerging digital.

The minimum requirement for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board of examination.

So it is not necessary to be Science stream student for pursuing the same course but if you have not studied Mathematics in your Class 12th with Commerce stream then you are not eligible for pursuing the same course.
14th October 2016, 10:08 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Gouri from Kerala. Now I am studying in 12th with Commerce group in State Board. I wish to do BCA after my 12th. Can I able to do this course? Is Science and Maths subject are necessary for BCA admission? What is the minimum percentage of mark required for BCA admission in 12th? Can I able to study BCA outside Kerala since I have taken Commerce?
Yes, you are eligible BCA course after 12th standard with commerce stream. It is not necessary to study science and Mathematics subject for BCA admission. However, those who studied Mathematics subject at a 12th standard level will be added advantage at the time of admission.

- The minimum eligibility for the BCA course is Plus two or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board or university. Those who have completed three year diploma from state board of technical education are also eligible to apply for admission.

You can download the application from the respective university websites. You can also buy the application from the university counters and study centers along with course prospectus.
14th October 2016, 12:36 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to have science in 10+2 to pursue BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ).

But, it is necessary to have mathematics as main paper in 10+2 to get the admission in course in some of the universities/institutions.

So, if you do not have Commerce with Mathematics as main paper you are not eligible to get admission in some of the institutes. But still many offers admission to candidates without mathematics in 10+2.

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in course outside Kerala there is no barrier to pursue course from Kerala only. The common minimum eligibility to appear for entrance examination is 50% in 10+2.
14th October 2016, 02:53 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
BCA is abbreviation form of Bachelor in Computer Application.
It is a vocational course means it is job oriented course.
To pursue this course you must have studied mathematics in your intermediate level.
You can pursue this course from regular or distance mode also.
Name of institutions/universities are given below where you can get admission even outside of kerala.
Delhi university (DU)
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
Nalanda Open University (NOU)
Sikkim Manipal University (SMU)
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
14th October 2016, 05:14 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes, it is necessary to pursue Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 to pursue BCA in many colleges. But you can study in some institutions without Mathematics in 10+2 also.
The students who have completed 10+2 with English and Mathematics as one of the subjects with at least 50% marks are eligible to study BCA outside Kerala.
The list of colleges which admits students in BCA (for the commerce students), not on the basis of mathematics in 10+2, is given below;

Amrita University - Official Website

Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University - Official Website

Garden City College - Official Website

Chandigarh Group of Colleges - Official Website
14th October 2016, 06:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely it is necessary to study Science subjects and Mathematics in class 12th in order to study BCA after the completion of class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to study BCA after class 12th.
Candidates must study Science subjects along with Mathematics and English as a subject in class 12th.
14th October 2016, 08:04 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria for BCA.

Some of them say that the candidate seeking the admission in BCA should have maths in the 12th as a subject.

While on the other hand some say that a candidate should have passed 12th from any stream to get the admission.

You just have to search for the universities according to your eligibility and get the admission.

Also, the minimum percentage of marks cannot be predicted before the actual exam is held.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?