9th June 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

what is the advantage of taking PCMB & i want to know that if i take PCMB which kind of jobs are reserved?
18th June 2010, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

i got 67% in ssc i am intrested in biology what should i take is there any course after ssc in medical line
23rd June 2010, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

i have got 78% in 10th cbse board . i have choosen pcmb . i have above 80% in science and 60% in maths then it is a right decision or not to choose pcmb. pls tell me . i also want to be an ias officer. so what should ii do for that. pis tell me.
24th June 2010, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

by taking general maths which option can i take for std 11
25th June 2010, 01:18 PM
Amritansu subh

No stream is good or bad however its depend on you that by how you can build your carreir by your knowledge and efficiency,but if i think medical line is best.
GOODLUCK
**AMRITANSU**
25th June 2010, 04:59 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

as your friend's daughter doesn't like maths than don't go for math's stream, if she intrested in microbiology then it's perfect option to make career it's scope is good as it is new field, if she likes art she may go for frescov newly born great career but i go for microbio.
28th June 2010, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

what are the scopes for medical field?
28th June 2010, 07:37 PM
siddharthkathuria

Talking Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppu View Post
Hello,

My friend"s daughter is going for 10th std in June. Pl let us know after 10th which stream is good for her. she likes history and geography. she has disliking for maths. she gets 70% on everage. she has liking for biology. now we are in confusion. if she takes science-biology. she can go for microbiology. what is the scope for whare it is useful in long run. and if she takes arts which line she can choose. pl guide us.

thanks. PPU
hello sir,
since the girl likes history, you can make her take arts. she can do MA Bed and can have a glorious career in teaching stream
i do not suggest medicine stream as it takes about 7-8 years to become a good doctor and that too contains a lot of struggle
regards and best wishes
siddharth
29th June 2010, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

HI! ,I AM IN 9TH CLASS AND I AM VERY MUCH CONFUSED ,WHAT TO DO AFTER TENTH.AND I HAVE INTEREST IN ENGLISH AND SCIENCE.I HATE MATHS.SO, PLZ TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO AFTER 10TH.
5th July 2010, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir i have passed my 10th with 80.36 percent so what should i opt for sci or arts please help
11th July 2010, 08:44 PM
pinnache

yes,you can do anything,which you like!the student will do good in a subject only when he or she is interested in pursuing it.
you can take biology,if you dont like maths.
29th July 2010, 09:53 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
You can go for the science stream because it will normally opens all the path for your future ....

There are two types of courses in the science ,first one is the Physics ,Chemistry or Mathematics (PCM) or secondly you can go for the Physics ,Chemistry and Biology (PCM)..

You have asked about the differences between the Arts and the Medical..So let me tell you that PCB combination would be better for you rather then PCB or Arts.

Al the best...
30th July 2010, 05:50 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Instead of asking others, it would be best if you ask your daughter, or consult her teachers.
If your daughter likes biology but not maths, then she can easily go for science with biology and no maths.
Thereafter she can appear for the AIPMT exam if interested and be a doctor.

But as you say she also likes history and geography, then let me tell you that, history and geography that is to be studied in 11 & 12 is not the same as the history and geography she studied in 9 & 10th.
But still if she finds it easier to remember dates and silly names of wars and various wind patterns of earth than names of body & plant parts, then she can take arts.
But, she also has a good percentage of 70%, therefore, she is ideal for science with biology.

Rest is your decision.

Goos Luck!!
30th July 2010, 05:56 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello..
i appeared 4 10th std dis year...
i m horribly confused as what to choose....
i have intrest in physichs...maths....bio....i also lyk to communicate wid people....getting solutions to thier problems just as an entrepreneur........i love music....
as of now...i have an intrest for going into the medical field.....bt i m an average student scoring anywhere between 75%-80%....i wanna b a paedratic...but i am getting confused between medical and engeneering ..my parents think i m an arts student and also i can do engeneering.....so what to do now??
if i take science....den which subject shud i opt for....?? pcm??pcb?? or pcmb?? if i take pcmb...then would it b vry difficult for me to cope up wid dis??? pls..help me out!!
Hello,

Make one thing clear, one bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
Look, you cannot try your hands on both medical and engineering, trust me you will falter and not succeed in any. Under no circumstance can you chase both lines, unless you are some outstanding student, but trust me it will difficult for an outstanding student too.

Look if you have the deepest desire to be a paediatrician as you said, then it would be best if you choose science, i.e PCB, so here you have all the subjects of your interest, physics and biology. Also, you say you like maths, so you can even choose maths in your combination, but your stress must be on biology more than the other subjects so that you can fulfill your dreams.
But, then if really want to be an engineer, then you have to part away with biology, because it will be an added burden on you and nothing else.

The best would be if you consult your parents and teachers regarding the same.

Good Luck!!
7th August 2010, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

my sister is in 11th std she has taken medical she had intrest in it before bt now she s refusing to do so .... she is like she cant understand science what exactly happenin she is confussion suggest ,,,,,,,,
9th August 2010, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

hai
i got 9 cgp in 10th.i m confused but to take after 10th. if i take arts then pl.........tell me but r subjects in arts?where should itake admmission after 2? does arts has any scope? pls. help me........
10th August 2010, 04:16 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

as u are interested in geography, history then I.A Will be a better option.

u can also join 12th in science with Biology.

medical field has a great demand in all time. it will give u fame, money and satisfaction.

so i will suggest u to go for medical field.

all the best.
15th September 2010, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

i have passed the 10th gujarat board in 2010 examination nd get 91.23%.i want admission in diploma engeeniring.but i m confuz to doing this.can u help me????and any guidace????plzz..can u help me????
22nd October 2010, 03:03 PM

i am in class 10 i want to know that which streme should i choose between pcb and pcm as i am good at both maths as well as science
22nd October 2010, 03:15 PM

iam in class 10 i want to know that which streme should i choose between pcb and pcm as i am good at both maths and biology
7th November 2010, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

WHAT TO CHOOSE AFTER 10CLASS IF I AM GOOD IN MATHS PHYSICS AND CHEM AND MY PERSENTAGE IN 10 CLASS IS 79 FOR A GOOD JOB
8th November 2010, 10:44 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

It is bit confusing in this stage for all students but we need to think and discuss with that who is actually going to study......and coming to our views if she dislike maths no need to take this as a subject since we can no from her marks that she is hard working and medical field is best suite for .....Microbiology is booming these days so i think that is a good option.,...
13th November 2010, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Hii iam student of class 10 and iam good in science and ssc what should i opt for?
15th November 2010, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

hi i am aarthi. iam now in 9th. next year naturally 10th.give me some tips of doing 10th better.i too like science alot what field can i choose after 10th?
18th November 2010, 07:25 PM
anoop dhiman

Smile Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

dear friend u have to take non medical(pmc) it is much better for u or its ur choice what ever ur intrest is??????????
18th November 2010, 07:28 PM
anoop dhiman

hiii,,,,,,,,, friends.......... i am student of class 11th i scored 75% in 10th ... i chose non medical..... but i now found it tough ..... but i like maths so much..... what should i take.........
27th November 2010, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

hii I am in 9th.I m confused as what to choose medical or engeneering....after 10th
i have intrest in physichs,maths,bio,history and geography
bt i m an average student scoring anywhere between 75%-80%..
if i take science....den which subject shud i opt for....?? pcm??pcb?? or pcmb?? if i take pcmb...then would it b vry difficult for me to cope up wid dis??? pls..help me out!!
27th November 2010, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

i m average in maths and science
and if i opt arts what are the jobs available for me
22nd December 2010, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

hello,i am student of class 10. iam intrested in bio but don't like mathsanymore.what should i do
29th December 2010, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

i have interest in science but is there any other profession except adoctar
5th January 2011, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

hello
i m a student of std 10th and i m interested in bio and don't like maths and have good artistic skills.recently i appeared for a career counseling exam and I've been suggested 3 fields which is interior designing ,fashion designing and architecture. everyone have suggested me to go for architecture because it has a good scope but i don't like maths.what should i do???
14th January 2011, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I'm going to appear for my 10th board in March.I like Maths n bio both but i don't like engineering.Medical would take a very long time as today there's no scope for only m.b.b.s I'm really confused what to do after 10th std. I'm good in studies but the problem is the place where I live is a small town n there are very less coaching institutes moreover i study in gujarat board n its level is very low compared to central board. Any good advice is welcomed. Pls..... help me out
14th February 2011, 10:25 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppu View Post
Hello,

My friend"s daughter is going for 10th std in June. Pl let us know after 10th which stream is good for her. she likes history and geography. she has disliking for maths. she gets 70% on everage. she has liking for biology. now we are in confusion. if she takes science-biology. she can go for microbiology. what is the scope for whare it is useful in long run. and if she takes arts which line she can choose. pl guide us.

thanks. PPU
Hi,

If she want to go in the medical field, then i don't think it will be a problem if she chooses maths or science stream in her carrier. As maths will not be considered after 10+2 im medical line.
Arts too is a good course if she is interested in the field.

There are lots of scope in arts too. So, let her also take the decission where she have interested.

Thanks.
6th March 2011, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi...I m Ashwini.I m 10th STD.I m good in maths but I don't like science so plz suggest me to choose a course after 10th
7th March 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Hiii...I m a student of STD 10th.I m intrested only in maths and not in science so plz suggest me what to choose after 10th
20th March 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I am a student appearing for class 10th cbse board exam.I am interested to take science without math for my future carrier.Please do provide me the detail and future prospect for the above stream.
1st April 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Which,stream,is,better,medical,or,non-medical?
4th April 2011, 10:12 PM
Nazu_khurana

Question Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

In my opinion she should choose medical stream as it has more scope than arts.
as she likes biology and has disliking on math then it is better for her to do a career in medical line..
But arts stream also has some scope as you can do multimedia or fashion designing which are very popular these days.
Finally the choice is in her hands, she should choose what she feel best.
5th April 2011, 11:38 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Let her join science stream in her 10+2 as she has much interest in science and biology.

Infact science related courses are very good for girls.

Soon after the completion of her 10+2 with science stream, she has good number of courses to join and to have good career in the science area.

She can join Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing courses.

As you mentioned, Microbiology is a good one. Even Biotechnology, Biochemistry and bioinformatics are also available.

She can pursue P.hd and may also go for research work
5th April 2011, 05:11 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
i will suggest you just go for acccording to your
interest, if she likes history and geography,
then you can choose arts after 10th............
because arts has also very wide scope and
great demand in future.............
Thanks
5th April 2011, 05:14 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

hii
Actually a persons career depends on the persons interests itself..
As you said she is not interested in maths leave it.. so you have the option of biology.. nowadays biology also increasing its oppotunities as there is a demand for this... so you can opt for biology...
And if she is interested in arts or commerce let her give an option to go that way too... as if she gets commerce as a base in 12th her graduation can be done through BBA and extend her education to MBA which is the ultimate stream selected by many as the opportunities are vast
5th April 2011, 06:18 PM
SonalSinghal

Hi, I would say don't go for the scope of any stream. Focus on the interest, liking and capability of your child. If he/she is intersted in medical then go for it and if not then don't push her/him to that stream. If you find any confusion in choosing the option, you can try an online application prepared by 'HESA's Global Student Survey' for the assessment of your future educational plans depending on your interests. At the end of the survey you can also win free gift vouchers for pizza hut, ipod touch, ipad2.
6th April 2011, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my board exams m interested in history, biology and political science. I score 90% which field should i take?
8th April 2011, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi.,
I am Rajesh Kumar.
I have a great interest in Science, And i want become a microbiologist .
I am confused that What subject i chose after 10th?
our 10th exam are complete . result were declared march 2011.
Which subject i chose in class-11th. And after 2 which collage is best for this.
Send it to me
Thanks,
Rajesh Kumar
91-9958800178
[email protected]
12th April 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

HI I have just completed class 10th I am in a great confusion .
i love science a lot especialy Biology,i make silly mistakes in maths
and loose my marks so what should i opt PCMB,PCM,PCMC or any other field.
Plz help me in taking a decision.
14th April 2011, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

i got 50% in maths and 70% in science in my Xth model exam what should i opt for?
15th April 2011, 12:57 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

it is based on your interest each field is good for medical you need to wait patiently and need to have service mind if you want job soon prefer the other
15th April 2011, 03:50 PM
hari om yadav

hello
it's depend on her that does she want to go in medical line or in arts field.
because scopes run along human being. the scopes are create by human being . so, please think with cool mind and go that field , in your mind say. don't wory for scopes .if you want to get something then you will can, no one can stop you.
best of luck!
15th April 2011, 05:12 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

I think it is totally based on she..what she want in which she have interest....if she like Geography and History then go for Arts....We all know Arts have very large Scope...so i suggest go for Arts...if she like Geo. and History subjects....
15th April 2011, 06:09 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What to choose after 10th board? scope of medical vs arts?

Since she likes biology she can take science with biology which can

take you to the medical line to make your life scope shine. In arts group also

there are many courses to give you a long running scope. They are B.com, CA,

BBA, BCA etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?