22nd April 2015, 01:17 PM

Admission in Diploma engineering is possible having done 12th in Commerce?

sir,
i wanna to take admission in lpu and i passed 12th class by commerce and i want to take admission in automobile trade is it possible??????

22nd April 2015, 05:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in Diploma engineering is possible having done 12th in Commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8273121510 View Post
sir,
i wanna to take admission in lpu and i passed 12th class by commerce and i want to take admission in automobile trade is it possible??????
Yes, you are eligible to get admission in diploma after completion of 12th commerce through JEXPO exam.

The educational qualification required for JEXPO exam is 10th standard from recognized board.

Your minimum age should be 17 years old.
22nd April 2015, 08:38 PM
HeroAmos

Default Re: Admission in Diploma engineering is possible having done 12th in Commerce?

Quote:
sir,
You can join in any branches of diploma engineering after complete Your 12th standard by commerce.If you want to study diploma enginneering.You wasted your 2 years.you can join in 1st year of diploma course by your 10th mark.If you have selected maths group in 12th standard you can join in second year directly by a lateral entry admission.
23rd April 2015, 01:09 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

No.
For pursuing diploma course, one thing that is necessary if you are applying after intermediate and that is PCM for the lateral entry.

Diploma is of 3 years. Generally students those who have completed their intermediate get admission in the 2nd year of the course.

Since you do not belong to the science family, so if then also you want to pursue diploma then you have to complete the whole 3 years because you would be not eligible for the lateral entry in that case.
This diploma is actually for those who take this course after their high school.
Since you have completed your intermediate, you would be eligible for the lateral entry had you taken the science stream. But since you were a part of the commerce family, you would be required to complete the whole 3 years course.
23rd April 2015, 09:14 AM
Studynrock

Quote:
sir,
No sir how can it be possible if you don't have science background how can you even think about this after having commerce only science background peoples can go for this.
23rd April 2015, 10:03 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

No,you will not be eligible for taking admission in Diploma engineering as you are a student of commerce stream.
To study engineering students need to have completed or appearing in 10+2 with PCM(Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics) i.e only Science stream students can opt engineering .
23rd April 2015, 01:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
sir,

The Diploma in Engineering is a 4 years course and to join in Diploma in engineering the eligibility needed is candidate should have completed 10th from a recognized school board of education with at least 35% aggregate. You can join in direct admission to 2nd year for which the student should have passed 12th in science stream.

You need to write the DET Exam (Diploma Entrance Test) for joining in any diploma courses in recognized colleges. The exam consists of sections such as:
  • English
  • Mental Ability
  • Mathematics
  • Science

The exam is a 100 marks multiple choice question paper with 1 hour and 40 minutes duration.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?