29th May 2017, 12:02 AM
Rahulsinghis bling

Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering on 10th basis?

I have done my 10th and have a diploma degree in mechanical engineering, but i have not done my 12th, can i get admission in marine engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure for BE in Marine Engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical?
  2. Am I eligible to get admission for marine engineering with diploma completion or degree is needed in mechanical engineering?
  3. Is there any way to get admission in Marine engineering for Mechanical engineering Diploma holder? What are the requirements?
  4. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Eligibility for admission in Marine Engineering Diploma?
  6. How to get admission in marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. Can I get admission in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis if pursuing 11th Commerce? List of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering colleges?
  8. What is the procedure for joining marine engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. After diploma in mechanical engineering can I take admission in B.Tech Marine Engineering? Marks required in final year diploma for admission in Marine? Names of colleges in Maharashtra?
  10. Process of admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  11. What are the various engineering diploma course available currently?
  12. Diploma in Marine engineering on the basis of 10th std?
  13. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical? Percentage required?
  14. Can I study Diploma in Marine Engineering on 10th basis?
  15. List of diploma courses after 10th? Details about diploma in Astronomy?
  16. Which are the Marine Engineering Colleges? What are the qualifications required for entering Marine Engineering course? Can I get into Marine Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  18. Procedure to get admission for Marine Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
29th May 2017, 07:39 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering on 10th basis?

Yes, you can get admission in Marine engineering. After completing your diploma you need to appear for entrance exams they are Lateral entry, AICET, etc are few entry exams which are conducted by different state boards based on your state choose any lateral entry exam and clear the exam. After clearing the exam you need to attend the counseling and select the college and course you wanted to join.
There is another option also i.e., you can join in marine courses the duration of that course is 1-2 years. For joining this courses you just to need attend the entrance exam conducted by the institutes or you can even join directly.
29th May 2017, 08:22 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering on 10th basis?

B.Tech. Marine Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Marine Engineering is an undergraduate Marine Engineering course. As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering on 10th basis. After completing Diploma course in Mechanical, You can join second year of four Years Marine Engineering Degree Course. The age of candidate must be in between 17 to 25 years as on 31st of July.
29th May 2017, 01:04 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you can get admission in marine engineering after completion of your diploma in engineering. But you have to complete your diploma with minimum of 60% marks. Only after that you can give LEET exam which is a lateral entry entrance test for engineering courses. After qualifying in this exam you can get admission in directly second year of engineering. Thanks
29th May 2017, 05:25 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Unless you complete your 10+2 degree in Physics, Chemistry , maths with minimum 60% you can not get admission in marine engineering . Thus will request you to complete the inter degree with good marks which will help you in getting good college for engineering.
29th May 2017, 07:05 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can get admission in marine engineering as you have completed diploma in mech engineering.

Minimum requirement to get admission in Marine Engineering are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 12th board exam. He/she must have secured at least 60% marks from any recognized Central or State board of Senior Secondary Education .

-The candidate must have passed 12th exam in PCM group i.e.,Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics .

-The candidate maximum age to get admission for this course is 25 years.

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/12 in both eyes .

-The candidate must be fluent in English .

-The candidate must be physically fit for sea services under all conditions .

-Both girls and Boys can apply for this course.
30th May 2017, 12:01 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for admission in Marine engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You simply have to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance examination after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering. This will enable you to get direct admission in second year of marine engineering.

Here are some good colleges for pursuing marine engineering:

Coimbatore Marine college
Maharastra Marine academy
CMC marine academy
30th May 2017, 08:16 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing Marine Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course from a Government recognized board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma course in Mechanical/ Marine Engineering course from a recognized institution are eligible to pursue Marine Engineering course. So, being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to pursue Marine Engineering course.
30th May 2017, 12:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Marine engineering course you must have completed diploma in any of the following streams:

- Mechanical Engineering
- Marian engineering
-Naval architecture
-Electrical engineering
- Candidate must have completed diploma course and must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the final year of examination of the diploma programme.
- Age should be not over 28 years.

List of Institutions from where you can pursue your Marian engineering:

Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Government Polytechnic, Andaman and Nicobar.

Vels Academy of maritime education and training Chennai

Coimbatore Marine College

HIMT college, Kanchipuram
30th May 2017, 12:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to pursue Marine Engineering course:

To be eligible to pursue this course, as parents must have completed diploma in any of the following disciplines such as mechanical engineering, Marine Engineering, electronic engineering and have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the final year of diploma programme.
Your age should not be more than 28 years and there is no relaxation to reserved students.

You are eligible to pursue Marine engineering course because you have completed your diploma.
30th May 2017, 12:27 PM
mrghost
Member+

Yes, you can get admission in Marine engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering on the basis of 10th.

Eligibility criteria for Marine Engineering

> Candidate must have secured minimum of 50% marks in the final year of the examination of the diploma programme.

> Candidate must be below 25 years of age.

> Candidate must be physically fit
15th February 2020, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

how to apply for marine exams on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?
27th March 2020, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

After passing my diploma in mechanical engineering and join merchant navy what is the criteria?and course fees?
4th February 2021, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th exam and now I am continuing diploma in mechanical engineering by geetting admission at direct second year can I join the marine engineering after diploma for direct second year of marine engineerin
1st April 2021, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

How may i get admission in Government college for btech after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?