12th June 2016, 03:33 AM
Unregistered

Admission in MBA is possible after B.Sc Agriculture through entrance exams of 2017?

After pursuing my B.Sc Agriculture degree program can we get admission for MBA or not in 2017 via CAT or other entrance exams, please do tell me that.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects are required in 12th for BSc Agriculture? Fee structure for admission in BSc Agriculture? What is the admission procedure of various agriculture colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Details about exam going to be conducted for admission in MBA 2017
  3. How to apply for B.Sc(agriculture)? Is EAMCET rank needed to get a seat in B.Sc(agriculture)? List of exams I should write to get admission in the same?
  4. Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for B.Sc in Agriculture?
  5. Admission in B.Sc Agriculture is possible without clearing the entrance exam?
  6. Expected dates of MAT 2017, ATMA 2017 and CMAT 2017 entrance exams
  7. Application date of JEE Main and Advanced for 2017-18
  8. Am I eligible for OBC reserved seats of MBA/MMS program through CMAT 2017? -- [New]
  9. Can I attempt JEE Exams in 2017 if turning 17 years old in June 2017?
  10. Procedure to get admission for B.Sc in Agriculture in PAU? Date of PAU entrance exam of B.Sc agriculture?
  11. Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 if appearing in 12th board exams 2017?
  12. Important dates for IGNOU B.Ed admission 2017
  13. Can I do B.Sc in Agriculture after Diploma in Agriculture?
  14. Details about BSc Agriculture entrance exam notification? Best institutes for BSc Agriculture course in Kerala?
  15. B.Sc Agriculture or B.tech Agriculture which course will I get having 572 rank in SHIATS University entrance exam?
  16. List of entrance exams for MBA program? Tips for preparation? Procedure to apply for MBA?
  17. Name of books, entrance exams and admission test for B.Sc Agriculture entrance exam?
  18. List of colleges which offers B.Sc(Agriculture) in Kerala? Procedure and entrance exams to get admission?
12th June 2016, 10:07 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in MBA is possible after B.Sc Agriculture through entrance exams of 2017?

Yes, you can appear for the MBA entrance exam after pursuing B.Sc Agriculture degree.

MBA stands for Master in Business Administration .

One needs to take up MBA entrance examinations to get admissions into the top management institute. Some of the entrance exams to join MBA course are CAT,MAT,XAT,SNAP,IBSAT, etc.

The eligibility criteria for MBA degree are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree with at least 50% (45% for reserved category) marks from a recognized university. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT is a computer based test, conducted in multiple cities during a window of 3-4 weeks. Candidates can select their test date and slot as per choice and availability.The candidate can register online at the CAT website.

Registration fee for CAT :

For General/NC-OBC candidate : Rs. 1600 and

For SC/ST/PWD-DA candidate: Rs. 800
12th June 2016, 11:28 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in MBA is possible after B.Sc Agriculture through entrance exams of 2017?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CAT entrance examination in 2017. CAT stands for Common Admission Test and the entrance examination is conducted for admission in MBA course.

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration and the eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate must have minimum 50% aggregate in bachelor degree.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in the examination eligible for admission in MBA course.
12th June 2016, 02:00 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After pursuing my B.Sc Agriculture degree program can we get admission for MBA or not in 2017 via CAT or other entrance exams, please do tell me that.
To get admission in any MBA college you must have to appear in any of the entrance exams for instance - CAT, MAT, GATE, XAT etc. on the basis of the score you obtain in any of these entrance exam you will be provided college all across the country depends upon your rank.
>>>But to appear in these entrance exams you must have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognised institute/university.
>>>Since you have completed your graduation in agriculture you are very much eligible to fill the form of entrance test in order to pursue MBA.
12th June 2016, 02:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidate passed bachelor degree from any recognised university are eligible to pursue MBA course.

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration and it is two year duration master course.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and it is conducted every year for admission of candidates in MBA courses in IIM.

So, you can appear for entrance examination to get admission in the score.
12th June 2016, 02:25 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes after completing B.Sc in Agriculture you can pursue MBA by sitting for the various MBA Entrance Examinations out there. MBA stands for Master in Business Administration. It is a two years course. The skills you strengthen throughout your MBA program are going to prove very useful in terms of advancement and salary.

Details about the various MBA Entrance Exams:-

CAT:-

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is by far the most popular and also the most challenging entrance exam out there. It is conducted by Indian Institute of Management. To give this exam you need to have a graduate degree in any discipline of your choice with 50% of marks in aggregate. SC, ST, OBC and DA category category candidates needs to get 45% of marks instead.

MAT:-

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test. This exam is conducted by in February, May, September & December every year by AIMA. To give this exam you just need a graduate degree. The exam can be given either online or offline.

IIFT:-

IIFT stands for Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). It is one of the most premier institute for MBA. It has its college in Delhi and Kolkata. To do this course again you need a graduate degree. Marks is not a matter of concern.

SNAP:-

Full form of SNAP is Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP). This exam is the entry pass for all the Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University. Thus for MBA too the same exam has to be given. For this exam you got to have not only a graduate degree but also 50% of marks at graduation level.

XAT:-

XAT is also one of the most sought after entrance exam for MBA which is conducted by XLRI. Not only XLRI, but XAT Score is now used by over 40 Management Institutes all over India. A bachelor's degree in any discipline is required to pursue this course.
12th June 2016, 04:47 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can take admission into MBA course after B.Sc Agricultural.

You have to apply CAT/MAT exam after B.Sc to take admission into MBA course.

CAT exam stands for Common Admission Test which is conducted to take admission into MBA course.

You can do MBA Agribusiness or MBA General after B.Sc

Following are important dates of CAT 2017

Starting of online application in August 2016

Closing date in September 2016

Entrance exam date is in November 2016

Result Publication in December 2016
12th June 2016, 06:25 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Of course, it is possible to do MBA after B.Sc Agriculture. Though MBA degree programme is open for all those who have completed their bachelor degree in any discipline. It means that any bachelor degree holder irrespective of discipline/subjects taken can go for pursuing MBA degree programme.

# As you have done B.Sc. Agriculture, I would like to advise to go for MBA (Agri-Business).

# Please note that agriculture has significant role in the Indian economy. Agro-based companies are providing ample job opportunities and long term career options.

# After MBA, one can get job opportunities in followings:

* Agro-based companies
* National Seeds Corporation
* Food Corporation of India (FCI)
* National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
* Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited (FACT)
* National Dairy Development
* Insurance companies
* Banking sector
* Warehouse Corporation of India
* and many more options

# Following job positions are available after MBA (Agri-Business):

* Agricultural Loan Officer
* Research analyst in agricultural commodities
* Grain Merchandiser
* Flour Mill Manager
* Marketing Manager in Agro-based companies
12th June 2016, 08:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue MBA even after completing B.Sc Agriculture.
To pursue MBA candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from any of the stream passed with at least 55% aggregate from any of the recognized university.
12th June 2016, 09:19 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue MBA even after completing B.Sc Agriculture.
To pursue MBA candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from any of the stream passed with at least 55% aggregate from any of the recognized university.
29th June 2018, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I'm an agbsc student still studying and to appear in the exams like CAT MAT SNAP etc which provide admission in to MBA colleges to acquire the admission should I surely be coming from an recognized university ? If recognization of university is compulsory what kind of recognization it would be can anyone please help me
18th September 2019, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Hi ,I want to join MBA as I completed my bsc agriculture with 81%..is there any difficulty in pursuing general MBA as i came from science background..as i am in confusion whether to go for mba(general)is a good option for me or not
21st July 2021, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA in finance after BSc agriculture?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?