12th April 2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

After completing Ph.D do I need to clear NET for lecturership in good public or private college of India?

After completing Ph.D, do I need to clear NET for lecturership in good public or private colleges of India. In other words, I want to ask you that does Net exam hold a plus point over Ph. d . Or the Ph.D students are not required to appear for NET Exam?

31st August 2017, 09:28 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing Ph.D do I need to clear NET for lecturership in good public or private college of India?

Yes, you need to appear and qualify in NET examination conducted by UGC for recruitment as lecturer in government or private colleges.

The eligibility to appear in NET examination is candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university. There is no age limit to appear in examination for lecturer post.

The minimum required aggregate to appear in examination is 55% while 50% for reserved category.

For detail information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?