20th June 2011, 10:28 PM
arif_p

After diploma is it suitable for me to get a job or should I continue studying further for B.Tech?

i am a tenth pass student.. i am planning to do diploma in computer engineering. after i complete my diploma is it suitable for me to get a job and continue studying further for b tech ?.

21st June 2011, 09:54 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Post Re: After diploma is it suitable for me to get a job or should I continue studying further for B.Tech?

Hello,
There are lots of opportunities even after diploma,you can find opportunities in RAILWAYS,ISRO,DRDO,BSNL as TTA etc.......and lots more in private sectors.

After your diploma,you will be the right person to take the decision whether to study further for B.E or go jobs.If you are financially sound and if you do get some reputed college for your Engineering then it would be always better to go for it because there will be ample opportunities after an Engineering degree compared to Diploma.

In the meantime you can keep on trying for the government jobs and if you get through it then you can continue with your job and also you can pursue your engineering degree through correspondence which are offered by number of universities.

But first you must work hard and complete your diploma with good percentage.

Good Luck.
21st June 2011, 10:21 AM
Annex

Default Re: After diploma is it suitable for me to get a job or should I continue studying further for B.Tech?

Arif, every choice in this world has its pros & cons.Same is in your case as well.Going for B.tech will make your knowledge more deeper & will help you to get lateral positions in your career, but it demands significant financial, time period, & academic investment of yours.

If you want to go for job after diploma it also provides lots of avenues, in research(particularly at lower level), production, sales, and others.In addition you can apply for numerous Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) n Government corporations.last point is equally valid for B.tech as well.
21st June 2011, 11:08 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After diploma is it suitable for me to get a job or should I continue studying further for B.Tech?

hi dear
your planing is right for future.

after 10th you go for diploma
then you please do not go for job
you go for higher study
B.TECH
that is help you to find good job..
computer science is a good branch and demandable branch............
21st June 2011, 11:13 AM
praveenpaul

I think you have made a wise decision but you should be careful in choosing the college for studying diploma. just try to make sure that its a good college with good past records. If you are really committment then diploma will be helpful.

Because once you join diploma you will get practical experience. After finishing diploma its not wise to go for a job, because that may not yield you a good salary. In colleges there is a provision for diploma students to join in the second year provided you have good marks. Again college matters here. If you have good marks in diploma you get a good college. Once you finish degree, you have umpteen number of jobs coming your way with a good package. Also since you have studied diploma you will have a good practical knowledge and you will be able to grasp things taught in your organisation easily.

I am suggesting you to take up engineering after diploma since one my friend had gone through the same path. He finished diploma, then he joined b.tech , again he went to singapore for ms and now he has got an offer from a singapore company with a monthly package of Rs. 1,50,000.

Hope it will be useful for you. All the best for your future endeavours.
21st June 2011, 12:11 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

hallo friend,
after completion of your diploma you will get lots of opportunity to get a job in govt. sectors as well as in private sectors.... but pay scale will be low compared to a B.tech holder.. so , if you want to do job as early as possible then go for diploma, otherwise if you want to do a good job with a good package then go fro B.tech...
all the best..
21st June 2011, 12:14 PM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: After diploma is it suitable for me to get a job or should I continue studying further for B.Tech?

there is amny jobs available for diploma students in Public and private sectors. Both engineering and diploma graduates having great scope in industrial field. so your wish to choose which is the best for your future.
21st June 2011, 12:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

After qualifying diploma in computer engineering, candidates can grab good opportunities. Upon the completion of the Diploma course, students have the option to go for advanced studies, namely the B.Tech program or go for jobs. B.Tech course will provide you good career options than diploma courses. The remuneration is also high for B.Tech graduates. Government jobs are also available for the candidates those who have completed diploma in Computer Engineering. Please find your own domain of interest.
23rd June 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

How to do MS after diploma in electronics&communications.

What and all required to do MS after diploma in electronics&communications.
27th July 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

many people say that there is no scope in computer science diploma cource. i am too doing diploma after my 12 so now there is a problem towards me. kindly help me
5th August 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

i completed my diploma with 80 aggregate and i am interested in B.tec but financial problem so now should i continue my b.tec or shall i go for job
16th September 2011, 03:55 PM
Kavi Gathania

How i can get job in public sector after diploma in mech. engg.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?