31st December 2011, 01:18 AM
Dina Dubey

After how many years a newly appointed IAS officer reaches the highest position(Cabinet Secretary)?

Can u tell me plz that, after how many years a newly appointed IAS officer reaches the highest position (Cabinet Secretary)?

17th January 2012, 12:09 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: After how many years a newly appointed IAS officer reaches the highest position(Cabinet Secretary)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina Dubey View Post
Can u tell me plz that, after how many years a newly appointed IAS officer reaches the highest position (Cabinet Secretary)?
IAS : Indian Administrative Service

Becoming an IAS officer is only a Life time Achievement,
with this position we can earn, learn, help, get satisfaction, get everything what an individual aspire to get.

Professionally the career growth and promotions will be in this fashion do have a look into it.

There are various time scales.

->Junior Time Scale : till four years.

->Junior Administrative grade : till 9 years of service.

->Selection grade : Till 13 years.

->Super Time Grade : Till 16 years.

->Above super time scales : Till 25 years of service.

->Fixed Scale : Till 30 years of service.

according this time scales only your positions and salary structures will differ.
as mentioned by you for the post of Cabinet Secretary
you have to wait till 25-30 years of service then only you can get the position what you aspired.

For further details regarding same please click on the following link

Click here to see more details clearly

Regards
18th May 2013, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: After how many years a newly appointed IAS officer reaches the highest position(Cabinet Secretary)?

i am a student of class 9.i want to be a ias officer..shold i pepare from now
3rd April 2014, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: After how many years a newly appointed IAS officer reaches the highest position(Cabinet Secretary)?

i am a student of 8 std i m preparing something everyday will it be useful for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?