30th May 2011, 01:21 PM
sarikashetty

Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?

sir i am twenty four years old married lady i want to become a IAS officer is it possible i did BA (history economics sociology )

6th July 2011, 01:50 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?

Yes, you can apply for IAS exam because both married and unmarried , male and female can apply for this exam.

Eligibility:

Age limit:- 21-30 years as on appearing exam (Upper age limit relaxable for
SCs/STs, OBCs).

Educational Qualifications :- Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university .

No. of attempts :- genrel - 4 attempts , OBCs - 7 attemps and no
limit for SCs/STs

IAS 2011 Syllabus

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
General Science.

Paper II - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
6th July 2011, 09:34 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarikashetty View Post
sir i am twenty four years old married lady i want to become a IAS officer is it possible i did BA (history economics sociology )
Yes you are eligible,

The basic eligibility criteria for Civil services examination conducted by UPSC is as follows:-

->Candidate must complete min age of 21 years and should not exceed 30 years of max age limit.
->Candidate must complete at least one degree,There are no required percentages in any stage of his education.

There is no compulsion that candidate from a particular stream is only eligible for the examination. UPSC encourages candidates into civil services from all the streams.

There is certain Age relaxation for Reserved candidates.
->OBC Students has the advantage of 3 years age relaxation after their max age limit.
->SC/ST candidates has the advantage of 5 years age relaxation after their max age limit.

This is all about the minimum eligibility criteria
If you need any further details regarding this you can freely contact the forum.

All the best for your examination

Regards

~AdityA~
6th July 2011, 10:06 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?

hi

yes,you are eligible for apply IAS exam.

criteria:-

*candidate pass graduation

*age-21 to 30 years
5 years relax for SC/ST
3 years for OBC

* 4 times attempt for general
7 times for OBC
no limits for SC/ST

you read well & conceptually strong then you are eligible for
crack this..............
6th July 2011, 10:12 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

yes mam,

of course. you have already completed one of the requirement of eligibility by graduating in the BA .

AND your age is 24 years , so it is the 2nd requirement completed by you .

eligibility to appear in ias exam are ,

1) you must complete your graduation in the recognized indian university
2) you must belongs to 21 years to 30 years.

all candidates allowed to give four attempts.
the candidates belongs to the SC/ST category can give number of attempts , there is no restriction on the SC/ST CANDIDATES ON GIVING THE ATTEMPT TO THE IAS EXAM.

THANKS AND BEST LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE
6th July 2011, 11:25 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea it is possible to become IAS officer if you are married and 24 years old.

to become an IAS officer you have to appear in Indian civil service examination. the eligibility criterion for civil service examination is candidates should have minimum of graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. also they should have age between 21 to 30 to appear in civil service examination for general category candidates.

there is no criterion mentioned about married or unmarried in civil service examination notification. it means married and unmarried both are eligible for Civil service examination.your age also in between 21 to 30 so obviously you will be eligible for civil service examination.

there is mainly three step in civil service examination.
1.Civil service preliminary examination
2.Civil service main examination
3.Interview

if you can clear the one stage then only you will be forwarded to next stage. here i am attaching the total notification for civil service examination 2011. go through the attachment you will get all the details about civil service examination and details about other eligibility criterion. civil service examination is conducted by UPSC. visit UPSC official website http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 68 views)
6th July 2011, 11:42 AM
umathkavi

Yes, it is possible that you may apply for IAS even if you are a married female of 24 years.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

To apply for IAS your age should be 21-30 years for general category.
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.

You should be a graduate in any disciple.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2011, 11:43 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Definitely,you can appear for IAS exam till 30 years,if you have complete graduation degree.

You can appear for 6times,if you belong to OBC category,4times,if you belong to General category.

See this attachment,for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 57 views)
6th July 2011, 11:44 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes,you are eligible for Civil Service Examination.

Basic qualification of this exam is graduation and the candidate from a any course and the course is equivalent to graduation.

The Age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs as on August 1st of the year of examination and age relaxation exits as per.Govt rules.

Three years relaxation for OBC category and five years relaxation for SC/ST category.

Four attempts for general category,seven attempts for OBC category and No limit for SC/ST category.

To become I.A.S officer the need to crack the Civil Service Examination.

This entrance examination is divided into two parts.

1.Preliminary Examination.
2.Main Examination.

The candidate need to clear the all the levels of this examination Examination.

Shorts details of Eligibility Criteria :-
  • Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
  • The candidate age should be 21 - 30 yrs.
  • Those in the final year of degree course may also apply.
  • The Notification was published in the month of January-February.
  • There is no minimum percentage for this examination.

More details,visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2011, 12:10 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi,
Yes you are eligible for IAS exam.
A candidate who has done graduation from a recognized university and has the age between 21-30 years of age can apply for the IAS exam.
If you are a graduate then you can apply for the exam.

Best wishes.....
6th July 2011, 12:50 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
hello mam

Yes you are eligible, The basic eligibility criteria for Civil services examinaton conducted by UPSC is as follows:- ->Candidate must complete min age of 21 years and should not exceed 30 years of max age limit. ->Candidate must complete at least one degree,There are no required percentages in any stage of his education. There is no compulsion that candidate from a particular stream is only eligible for the examination.
UPSC encourages candidates into civil services from all the streams.
6th July 2011, 02:53 PM
kritika@Hans

hello friend
you are surely eligible for the exam since the age limit is 21-30 years
the minimum qualification you need is bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology
so if you fulfill this criteria then you may apply for it
all the best
6th July 2011, 03:48 PM
digvijaygarg

Yes
You are eligible if you are graduate in any field
You can at max make 4 attempts in IAS exam
Good Luck
8th July 2011, 12:12 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?

Quote:
Hey friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

IAS is one of the civil service exams and it is conducted by UPSC every year.The exam is conducted for candidates who are interested in becoming IAS officer.

Yeah as far regarding your criteria's you are definitely eligible for the IAS exam as you have satisfied the age limits and the education qualification needed.

The criteria's for the IAS exam are:
  1. The candidates must be a citizen of India.
  2. The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.
  3. For SC/ST - 35
  4. For OBC - 33
  5. For Ex-service men it is 5 years from the prescribed limits.
  6. The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.

The exam consists of 3 stages namely:
  • Preliminary exam.
  • Main exam.
  • Interview

Thank you and all the best.
9th July 2011, 06:40 PM
hardeep002

Smile Re: Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?

yes you can give ias exam.........
thank you....
9th July 2011, 08:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

IAS EXAM 2011

Age limit:
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, in which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Educational Qualifications for IAS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

UPSC IAS EXAM
Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

so you are eligible for IAS exam.

thanks
17th September 2011, 01:19 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?

Quote:
firstly i want to say every Indian candidate who are between 21 to 30 year old and graduate with any discipline with recognized university applicable for IAS exam. and you are married that is not matter for IAS exam.
there no restriction for married people. age relaxation also given by upse;

1) Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.

2)Age : The upsc civil exam appear candidates age between 21 to 30 years .Age relaxation for SC ,ST ,OBC ,handicapped persons details given below.

(i)5 years age relaxable for SC,ST candidates

(ii)3 years age relaxable for OBC candidates

(iii)5 years age relaxable for defence service personnel
(iv)5 years age relaxable for ECOs /SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years assignment in the military service.

(v)5 years age relaxable in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of 5 years in military service.

(vi)10 years age relaxable for blind ,deaf .mute and orthopedically ,handicapped persons.

3) Educational Qualification: The upsc civils examination appearing candidates must be a graduation completed from the recognized university.

(4)Number of Attempts: The appear candidates of civils how many times may attempt details has given below.

General candidates: 4 attempts.

Sc, St Candidates: No restriction.

Other Backward Classes: 7 attempts
so, it's time to move on for IAS and prepare well i wish you and your family happy when you select as IAS .BEST OF LUCK
17th July 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a doctor iam preparing for civilservices and i have a personal problem my boy friend is an executive engineer and his cadre wil be low if i get through these xams i cant lose him nor my goal so plsssssssssssssssss help me
6th August 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a graduate (22 years).now i am continuing diploma in school teachers training.i want to be an ias officer.is it possible for me, if yes how can i achieve my dream pls suggest me.2nd problm is my financial prooblem so iam very confuse pls pls help me

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?