21st November 2011, 10:33 PM
rejoice123

After studying PCB am I eligible for IIT JEE?

i am a student of pcb class eleven.but i study mathematics at home.i want to do mechanical engineering from iit.am i eligible for iit jee.kindly reply.

22nd November 2011, 08:05 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: After studying PCB am I eligible for IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoice123 View Post
i am a student of pcb class eleven.but i study mathematics at home.i want to do mechanical engineering from iit.am i eligible for iit jee.kindly reply.

Eligibility For IIT JEE

In order to appear in IIT JEE 2012..a candidate must fulfill the following minimum conditions :-

1) You should have passed your 12th in 2011 or appearing for your 12th boards in 2012..

2) You should have Physics,Chemistry and Maths as your subjects in 12th and should also possess an aggregate of 60% or above in these 3 subjects

I am really very sorry but since you were not having Maths in your 12th..you are not eligible for appearing in IIT JEE..

Now, you have to go with the medical entrance exams only..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
22nd November 2011, 08:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After studying PCB am I eligible for IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoice123 View Post
Dear friend,

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IIT JEE because you have completed 12 standard with PCB.

If you have the combination of the subject in 12th is PHYSICS , MATH , CHEM then you are eligible otherwise not.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IIT-JEE :-

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with physics ,chem and math.

2. You must score 60% above in 12 th.

If you fulfill the above criteria then you are eligible for IIT JEE.

AGE CRITERIA:-

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

IIT JEE SCHEDULE:-

Form availability - 11th November, 2011

Last date for submitting form – 5th December, 2011

Availability of online forms for IIT JEE 2012 – From 11th November 2011 to 10th December 2011

IIT JEE 2012 date – 8th April, 2012 (Sunday)

IIT JEE 2012 Result declaration date – 16th May, 2012

So you are eligible for 2013 IIT JEE EXAM.

Cost of the IIT JEE form-

For GENERAL and OBC-1600
For SC and ST -800

All the best.
22nd November 2011, 07:58 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IIT JEE
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria :

1.You should complete 12 th standard examination

2.You must have PCM in 12th standard.

3.You should have minimum 50% marks in 12th standard.

4.You must have minimum 50% marks in PCM

Here are some attachments for you

YyOU CAN FOLLOW THESE BOOKS

Attached Files
File Type: pdf iitjee.pdf(1.95 MB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf How_to_start_Preparation_For_IIT_JEE.PDF(102.3 KB, 132 views)
27th December 2011, 06:28 PM
jeo-rocks

sorry friends, you are not applicable for IIT exam because only maths group candidates can apply for this exam.
IIt is one of the most prominent exam for B.Tech and it is toughest from any competition so, i want to say that if any candidates should crack this exam then he is not take likely.you give your best performance for this exam.

its minimum eligibility is-

candidates should be passed and appear in 12th class with 60% aggregates from PCM group.

and you can apply for this exam only two consecutive years with appearing in class 12th exam.
15th May 2016, 02:41 PM
regime

HI ,
Eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE ( JEE MAINS and JEE ADVANCE ) states that the subjects required to give the paper and appear for the exam are Physics , Chemistry and Maths .
You need to pass 12th standard with these three subjects with at least 50% marks in each . As you have not taken up Maths in boards you are not eligible to give the exam . If you want to give the exam you can take up maths as an optional or additional subject which can make you eligible for JEE .
Good luck For future !!!
9th February 2023, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by regime View Post
HI ,
Eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE ( JEE MAINS and JEE ADVANCE ) states that the subjects required to give the paper and appear for the exam are Physics , Chemistry and Maths .
You need to pass 12th standard with these three subjects with at least 50% marks in each . As you have not taken up Maths in boards you are not eligible to give the exam . If you want to give the exam you can take up maths as an optional or additional subject which can make you eligible for JEE .
Good luck For future !!!
Sir
Additional or optional math in succeeding year make eligible for remains ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?