13th October 2012, 11:31 PM
vikaspriyanka

Am i applicable for lecturer post in degree college? I am in M.Phil in Psychology with 80% marks in M.A 1st division

sir,
i m M.Phil. in Psychology with 80% Marks M.A. 1st division and B.A. 48% . i want to know whether i m applicable for lecturer in degree college and university as per ugc norms.If yes,kindly attach the clause with reply.i have submitted mt Ph.D.too. kindly help me. I will be thankful tou.
thanking u,
priya

Related Questions:
  1. How to do M.Phil degree in Psychology? I am a PG in Psychology
  2. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  3. Can i apply for mphil in clinical psychology with 67% marks in M.A?
  4. Is it possible to become a lecturer in psychology field after completion of MSc?
  5. Can I become a lecturer in a college after scoring 60% in Masters in Philosophy? How useful is the M.Phil degree? Is it ok to directly do Ph.D?
  6. Application procedure of M.Phil in Psychology? University providing this course?
  7. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist?
  8. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government recognized college after completing BCA with 54%
  9. List of colleges for graduation or post graduation course from psychology in Delhi regions?
  10. Am I eligible to join the post of lecturer in government college?
  11. Which is the best choice for to be a Lecturer between Psychology and History? Colleges recruiting Lecturers in Psychology? Colleges offering Psychology in Chennai?
  12. what is the syllabus of psychology of UP PSC lecturer in degree college?
  13. Eligibility for post of Lecturer in government polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  14. Chances to get employed in government school and colleges after passing NET/SET after M.Com?
  15. Am I eligible to teach in engineering college having M.Sc and M.Phil in Mathematics?
  16. Scope of M.Sc in Psychology in Distance Education? Can I join into Lecturer Profession by this course?
  17. Can I become a Lecturer if completed Post Graduation through correspondence? -- [New]
  18. Am i eligible for CTET exam? I have secured 60% -- [Most Discussed]
14th October 2012, 08:40 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i applicable for lecturer post in degree college? I am in M.Phil in Psychology with 80% marks in M.A 1st division

Hi Priya,

I am writing down all the criteria set by University Grants Commission to be eligible for lectureship in central government colleges. As you may know that UGC conducts a entrance exam twice a year for lectureship. This exam is called National Eligibility Test.

It is one of the most popular entrance exams in India. At the same it is also very difficult. The National Eligibility Test is conducted for lectureship and PhD in central government colleges. This exam takes place in June and December of every year.

To apply for the National Eligibility Test, candidate must have completed post graduation with 55 percent marks. Since you meet the criteria, you are eligibile for the National Eligibility Test. University Grants Commission is expected to release a notification soon for the December exams.

You can apply for the NET exam once the notification in released by the University Grants Commission.

Eligibility

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. Post graduation degree in any stream.

3. Must have completed PG from a University Grants Commission recognized college.

4. A minimum of 55 percent marks are required in PG.

5. SC/ST need to secure 50 percent marks.

6. Final year students can also apply.

7. But they should submit PG degree within 2 years of clearing NET exam.

8. Your NET subject would depend on PG course.

9. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

10. Age limit is relaxed by 3 years for Other Backward Class

11. Age limit for SC/ST is relaxed by 5 years.

12. There is no age limit for Lectureship.

13. No limit on number of attempts.
19th January 2013, 06:59 PM
nehakashyap34

Default Re: Am i applicable for lecturer post in degree college? I am in M.Phil in Psychology with 80% marks in M.A 1st division

is it compulsory to appear in net exam after doing m.phil to be a lecturer in govt college as ugc has announced exemption for m.phil candidates ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?