25th September 2012, 11:23 PM
abhi mamoni

Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government recognized college after completing BCA with 54%

Hi I have compleated BCA with 54% and compleated MSc -IT with CGPA 9.3 can I am be able/elegible for the post of lacturer in govt. recognised college? I am belongs from general cast? Is degree or master degree marks are sufficient for the post or HSLC or HS percentage also required?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for the post of guest lecturer at any Government or Non Government College after passing MSc in Food Nutrition?
  2. Am I eligible for Government junior college lecture jobs after completing B.Sc and MBA? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible for the post of government polytechnic college?
  4. Eligibility for Lecturer Post in any Government Recognized University? Is PHD necessary? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I apply for lecturer post in any government recognized college after scoring 45.5% in B.A and 61% in M.A?
  6. How to work in government college(Lecturer) after completing B.Tech IT with 8.1 CGPA
  7. Am I eligible to join the post of lecturer in government college?
  8. Can I become a Government College Lecturer having completed BCA and M.Sc. in IT?
  9. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges
  10. Can I become a Lecturer if completed Post Graduation through correspondence?
  11. Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA
  12. How to become a government lecturer after completing B.A LLM exam
  13. How may I apply for government lecturer posts after completing MBA with first class?
  14. How to apply for lecturer post after completing graduation?
  15. How to join in lecturer in government polytechnic college after completing MSc Applied Electronics
  16. Am i eligible for government degree college lecturer after completing MBA HR
  17. Eligibility for post of Lecturer in government polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  18. Am I eligible for lecturer post in government aided colleges of Tamilnadu after completing MBA through distance mode?
26th September 2012, 08:58 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government recognized college after completing BCA with 54%

You are eligible for lecturer job in the central government colleges. Only the marks in post graduation course are considered when applying for the lecturer job. Rest does not matter therefore you can appear for the entrance exam for the post of lecturer.

You read it right. Despite the post graduation degree with over 88 percent marks you will have to appear for the entrance exam. The name of the exam is National Eligibility Test (NET) which takes place twice a year, June and December.

National Eligibility Test is conducted by the University Grants Commission. Those who are interested in Lectureship and PhD are required to take this test. So to become government lecturer, you should start preparing for the National Eligibility Test as soon as possible. The next test is due in December and I should warn you that NET is not an easy exam to crack. You will have to prepare hard to crack the exam.

The only alternative of National Eligibility Test is SET exam. State Eligibility Test or SET is conducted separately in all the states. This exam can get you lecturer job in state government colleges.

Eligibility

1. You must be Indian Citizen.

2. A post graduation degree is required from a UGC recognized university.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation course.

4. Those belonging to SC/ST need 50 percent marks in master course.

5. Final year students of Master degree course can also appear.

6. But they should be able to submit their PG degree within 2 years of passing NET.

7. You will have to choose same subject for NET in which you completed post graduation.

8. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

9. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

10. Neither there is any limit on number of attempts.
30th September 2012, 11:59 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government recognized college after completing BCA with 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi mamoni View Post
Hi I have compleated BCA with 54% and compleated MSc -IT with CGPA 9.3 can I am be able/elegible for the post of lacturer in govt. recognised college? I am belongs from general cast? Is degree or master degree marks are sufficient for the post or HSLC or HS percentage also required?

ELIGIBILITY

1. *You must be Indian Citizen.
  2. *A post graduation degree is required from a UGC recognized university.
  3. *At least 55 percent marks in post graduation course.
  4. *Those belonging to SC/ST need 50 percent marks in master course.
  5. *Final year students of Master degree course can also appear.
  6. *But they should be able to submit their PG degree within 2 years of passing NET.
  7. *You will have to choose same subject for NET in which you completed post graduation.
  8. *The age limit for JRF is 28 years.
  9. *There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
  10. *Neither there is any limit on number of attempts.
28th October 2014, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Sub Geography .How can I prepared paper 1,2,3 for December UGC NET And please give some book name.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?