1st January 2013, 05:48 PM
mshaban

Am I eligible for NET exam in computer science after completing Msc IT? I am doing MSc IT(in 4th sem.)

sir\mam i have completed my B.A ,and now doing msc IT (in 4th sem). please tel me am i eligible for net exam in computer science

2nd January 2013, 09:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam in computer science after completing B.A? I am doing MSc IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshaban View Post
sir\mam i have completed my B.A ,and now doing msc IT (in 4th sem). please tel me am i eligible for net exam in computer science

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year.This test will be conduct for only lectureship , PHD and JRF .

Those candidate have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.

You are in M.Sc IT (in 4th sem) so you are applicable for NET Exam but you can sit through Computer Science and Application subject.

Your age should be more then 19 years and there is no age limitation for those who are applying for Lectureship but for JRF , Your age should not be more then 28 years.

Papers Pattern:-

Paper-1 :- 60 questions out of which you have to attempt 50 in 75 minutes.

Paper-2 :- 50 questions in 75 minutes.

Paper-3 :- 75 questions in 120 minutes.

I have attached the syllabus for NET exam for Computer Science department so please check it out.This papers are really helpful for you.

NET Exam date for December session Already over .So you can wait for exam notification .The notification for NET exam for June session will be published very soon.It will be published in the month of March 2013 in UGC website.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: doc NET Computer science syllabus.doc(68.0 KB, 66 views)
2nd January 2013, 04:12 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam in computer science after completing Msc IT? I am doing MSc IT(in 4th sem.)

Yes you're eligible for computer science
You should be having a minimum of 55% in masters degree and your age should be in the limit of 19 years to 28 years
2nd January 2013, 04:17 PM
Siva mechanical

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam in computer science after completing Msc IT? I am doing MSc IT(in 4th sem.)

Quote:
hello friend,

*) NET: National Eligibility Test

*) the exam is conducted by UGC. this exam is conducted twice in a year.

*) the eligibilty in qualification for this exam is:

*) the candidate should secure 55% marks in any master's degree.

*) for SC/ST candidate, they can get 50% in any master's degree.

**) so, you can appear for this exam without doubt.

all the best for your future.
2nd January 2013, 06:51 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for the National Eligibility Test after completing Master of Science degree. But you will have to meet all the criteria for National Eligibility Test set by the University Grants Commission.

National Eligibility Test is conducted for Phd as well College lectureship. Since you are completing Master of Science degree in IT, you are eligible for Computer Science & Applications subject for NET entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Post graduation degree in any stream.

3. Must have completed post graduation from a UGC recognized university.

4. You must have scored minimum of 55 percent marks in post graduation.

5. There is 5 percent relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

6. Students in Final year of post graduation are also eligible for NET.

7. However these students will have to submit their degree within 2 years of NET.

8. Your subject for NET would be Computer Science and Applications.

9. Age limit for candidates applying for JRF is 28 years.

10. The age limit is relaxed 3 years for OBC.

11. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

12. There is no upper age limit if applying for college lectureship.
2nd January 2013, 07:44 PM
24himani

For appearing in NEt , you need to have post graduation with atleast 55 % marks.
So you are eligible.
2nd January 2013, 07:52 PM
Doojo

Yes ,you are eligible for NET exam in computer science .
National eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by University Grant Commission (UGC).The eligibility criteria for NET is

1. the age limit is 19-28 years.
2.The candidate must be a citizen of India.
3.You should have M.Sc or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks.
4.The candidate must hold M.Sc degree in computer science,humanities,forensic science,environmental science and electronic science,Mathmatical science,chemical science,Physical science,Life science ,planetary science with atleast 55% marks

To know more information regarding UGC exam you can go through the given website

http://employmentnews.indialist.org/ugc-net-exam-schedule-application-eligibility-syllabus-result-notification-2013/
All the best
2nd January 2013, 08:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NET is National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC for Lecturership and JRF.

Those who are Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for UGC NET. There should be atleast 55 % marks in Post Graduation if you are General Category candidate . There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST category candidate.

You are M.Sc IT final year hence you can apply for this exam if you have the required marks.

You have to select your speciliasation subject for UGC NET means you have to select Computers as your subject in UGC NET.

There will be objective type paper related to your field. For qualifying you have to get atleast 50 % marks in the examination .

You can get JRF if you qualify before 28 years of age otherwise you can apply for lecturership in government colleges after qualifying.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
2nd January 2013, 09:57 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NET exam in computer science after completing Msc IT? I am doing MSc IT(in 4th sem.)

Quote:

Eligibility For NET

A candidate can appear for the National Eligibility Test (NET) which is conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission) in the months of June and December, only if :-

>> The candidate has completed his/her post graduation from a recognized University with an aggregate of 55% (50% for SC/ST)

>> Candidates applying for the Junior Research Fellowship must be less than 28 years of age as seen on the 1st date of the month in which you are appearing for the exam..no upper age limit for lectureship..

So, yes you are eligible as final year students are also eligible for appearing..

The next NET Exam is going to be conducted in June..

There will be 3 papers which you will be facing :-

Paper-1 where you will face 60 questions out of which you need to attempt any 50 in 75 minutes..

Paper-2 based on your subject and you will have to attempt 50 questions in 75 minutes..

Paper-3 will have 75 questions to be done in 120 minutes..

You can Click Here for more details on the exam..

I have also attached some of the previous year Computer Science papers for your reference along with this post..

I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
3rd January 2013, 05:30 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

As far as i am concerned ,you are eligible for the NET Exam in computer science after completing your MSc in IT if you considerl the below mentioned carefully :

* you must have completed your post graduation from any recognized university.

* you must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

* There is a relaxation of 5% marks in post graduation for Reserved Category Candidates.

* You must be a citizen of India.

* The NET Exam is conducted for JRF as well as for the post of Lecturers .

* The Age Limit for JRF post is 21-28 years.

* There is no age limit for the post of Lecturers.

* The NET exam is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission.

* The Exam is conducted in the months of June & December.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

3rd January 2013, 05:32 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear
yes you are eligible for UGC NET exam.
Eligibility for UGC NET

Educational Qualification:
post graduate with 55% OR
its equivalent from university recognized
For SC/ST & PWD candidate 50% in post graduate.

Candidate who are appearing qualifying exam are also eligible for this exam.

For JRF, Candidate not more than 28 years.
For Lectureship minimum 19 year maximum no limit
As relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD 5 years
5th January 2013, 06:57 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear There,

As per my knowledge, if you fulfill the below mentioned you are eligible for the net exam in computer science after completing your MSc in IT:

* Must have completed your Post Graduation with 55% marks from any recognized college/university.

* A relaxation of 5% marks has been granted to candidates belonging to reserved quotas.

* Citizenship must be Indian.

The NET exam is conducted twice (in the months of June & December) every year by the University Grants Commission for JRF and post of Lecturers .

* Age Limit for JRF post - 21-28 years

* No age limit for the post of Lecturers.

Thanks.
27th August 2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

sir ,,i have completed my bca and mca degree .. i am eligible for net exam ....???
5th June 2018, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my bca and mca degree but I got 54.5 in bca and in mca 67..... Am I eligible for net exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?