10th July 2012, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for SET Exam having scored 59% of marks in B.Ed?

Ihave Bed degree with 59% no pg degree can i attend the SET exam

10th July 2012, 05:56 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for SET Exam having scored 59% of marks in B.Ed?

Unfortunately you do not qualify to appear in the State Eligibility Test for Lectureship also known as SET exam. You should have a Post Graduate degree to appear in the SET exam that is conducted by UPSC for the post of lecturer in various state level universities in India.

Eligiblity

Candidates must have Post Graduate degree from any UGC recognised institute.

You should secure at least 55 percent marks (without grace) in the Post Graduate course to appear in SET.

Candidates from SC/ST/PH are required to secure 50 percent marks (without grace) in the post graduate course.

If you are in final year of Master's course still you are eligible to appear in the SET exam. However you will have to present the marksheet within 2 years from the date SET exam results are announced.

MCM students are not eligible to appear in the exam.

Neither the candidates who are passed M.Sc by research.

Candidates are only allowed to appear in SET exam of the subject they completed post graduate course.

There is no upper age limit to appear in SET exam.

As you can see that since you have not completed post graduate course, you are not eligible for SET exam. You will have to complete post graduate course, else you have the option to apply for job of teacher in government and private schools.
10th July 2012, 06:40 PM
sabav

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for SET Exam having scored 59% of marks in B.Ed?

Dear friend,

The eligibility for SET is Candidates who had completed their post graduation with 55 per cent marks are eligible to apply for the examination.

Exam is on AUG14.

Thanks.
10th July 2012, 06:45 PM
NEETATRIPATHI92

Respected sir/mam,

the elegibility for SET Exam depends upon two things as given below:

1)The candidate must have master's degree from any institution recognized
by U.G.C.

2) secondly, depend upon category as given below:
2.1) candidate belong(st/sc/ph/vh): should have scored atleast 50%

2.2)candidate not belong(st/sc/ph/vh): should have scored atleast 55%

so,congrats you are eligible,
go ahead and win the race!!!!!!!

ALL THE BEST
11th July 2012, 06:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

No, with this qualification you cannot attend SET exam. A post graduate degree is compulsory to appear for SET exam. Along with this 55% marks should be scored in PG level to attend this exam. The percentage of marks is given relaxation for SC/ST/OBC categories. You can apply for this exam via online. With a B.Ed qualification you can apply in schools for teachers post.
17th July 2012, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Respected All I'm Final year M.Com student i have Cleared all my subjects but only 1 subject is left out which i'm goin to complete in oct exams my total percent goes above 55 % and after my this subject also my percent will be Above 55% then Can i be eligible for NET/SET Exams?????? Plzzzz Guide ..... I Have Already Given the Net Exam's Before my Results Of M.Com Plzzzzzz guide me???
21st September 2012, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

i am with M.A. Pol.science 53% and B.Ed with 59% and 36 years old general female candidate elegible for Net exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?