25th June 2011, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Date of next exam for NET/SET exam? Is 50% marks student eligible for OBC category?

when the next exam for net / set is going to counduct ?plese give a detail information?and if 50%marks is eligible for obc catagary?

Related Questions:
  1. Date of next exam for NET/SET exam? Is 50% marks student eligible for OBC category?
  2. Can I appear for NETSET exam after passing M.A? What is the date of the exam in this year? Fee structure details
  3. Last date to submit NETSET Exam form?
  4. Am I eligible for UPCPMT exam? I've got 45% marks in science and belong to OBC category
  5. What is the syllabus for M.Pharm student for NETSET?
  6. Am I eligible for NET exam after doing M.A in English as a private student?
  7. Am i eligible for MHRD stipend being an OBC category student?
  8. Am I eligible for B.Ed entrance exam in OBC category after scoring 48.67% in BSc?
  9. Chance of qualifying GATE exam with 25.66 marks in Mechanical paper for OBC category student?
  10. Am I eligible for admission in B.Ed under OBC category having 40% marks in graduation B.A.? -- [New]
  11. Will there be any chance for me to get a call for the Interview having scored 145 marks in IBPS Exam and being a candidate of OBC category?
  12. Eligibility to get admission in B.ed after graduation with 47% marks? Benefit or relaxation in percentage for OBC category?
  13. Rank in GATE after 32 marks in ECE? Chances for admission to NITs for OBC category student?
  14. Required Qualification to become an IAS Officer?
  15. How to take admission with 54.75 marks in AMU Intermediate entrance exam through self finance for OBC candidate who has applied in general category?
  16. What should I study in Graduation to become an Assistant Commissioner of Police being an 11th Science student?
  17. Procedure to appear for NETSET Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I appear for NETSET exam after passing B.A in Nagpur University
25th June 2011, 09:20 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Date of next exam for NET/SET exam? Is 50% marks student eligible for OBC category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when the next exam for net / set is going to counduct ?plese give a detail information?and if 50%marks is eligible for obc catagary?
Eligibility Criteria for NET Examination -

If you want to appear for UGC NET Examination then you have to secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from a recognized universities and Candidates belongs to SC, ST, Physically Handicapped Or belong to other revised category and if they have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

Eligiblity Criteria for NET Examination -

For SET examination you have to obtained atleast 55% in your Master Degree examination, only then you are eligible to sit in the SET. However in the case of SC/ST candidate the minimum requirement of 50% Marks.

UGC NET Dates -

Application Submission Start Date - 29/03/2011

Application Submission End Date - 28/04/2011

Last date for receiving the documents at the test center - 05/05/2011

Examination Date - 26/06/2011.

The Examination Fees for Obc Candidates for NET Examination was Rs 225.

And If you want to get more information then please visit the official website or read the given notification -

http://ugcnetonline.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf INFORMATION_BROCHURE.pdf(67.8 KB, 109 views)
25th June 2011, 09:51 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Date of next exam for NET/SET exam? Is 50% marks student eligible for OBC category?

eligibility criteria for NET

M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned above, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates
and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.

A candidate can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) category, if he/she is appearing or has appeared in his/her final year (III/IV Semester where Semester system is there) of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination in subjects mentioned in above. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared in the final year M.SC or equivalent degree examination.
However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally. They shall only be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET), if they are able to produce the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks and within the stipulated time frame.

That means for OBC you need to have atleast 55% ...
NET exams are conducting twice a year, i.e., in the months of June and December by UGC
25th June 2011, 12:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

next NET exam is conduct in month of december . in a year two times net will be held.

criteria for NET exan :-

The minimum marks you should have in your graduation is 55%,the Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

The candidate must not be more than 28 years

only sc/st candidate have marks relaxation but you are under age relaxation.

all the best.
25th June 2011, 12:36 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Net exam is to be conducted every year in the month of June & december on the last sunday of the month.So that means the dates are in between 25 to 28 june or december.
The minimum percentage required for the general category students in post graduation is 55% & for the other categories like sc/st/obc/ph the minimum percentage is 50%.So you can apply for the same.
25th June 2011, 03:49 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The National Eligibility Test for lectureship is conducted twice a year by UGC:

In the month of June
In the month of December

The first NET 2011 is going to be held on 26th of June.
The upcoming NET will be conducted in the month of December this year and the notification for the same has not been yet published by UGC.

As far as eligibility for the exam is concerned, you must have score 55% in the masters degree examination conducted by a recognized board.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category are eligible with a minimum of 50% in the same.

55% marks in the masters degree examination is mandatory for candidates belonging to general and OBC category.

For Complete information, refer to ugcnetonline.in
21st July 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

If a MBA canidate want to do NET Exam, is he/she eligible for that and what are the subject for that
7th August 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

What is temprature
7th August 2011, 11:59 PM
liquid

the exam is conducted twice in a year.
so the related detes are
1)26 june
2)december.
for complete information refer to ugcnetonline.in

in case of eligibility the general catagory students must have to score 55% in the master degree examination conducted by a reputed board.
for sc/st the marks shoulb be above 50%
thank you.
8th August 2011, 01:50 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

*)You have to secure at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from a recognized universities.
But for OBC category students must secure 55% marks.

The exam will be conducted on 26/06/2011.
27th September 2011, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

what is percentage for obc in ugc net exam
20th January 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

latest information for minimum percentage of general category for ugc exam
31st January 2012, 12:31 AM
swati_forum

Hello friend,
The National Eligibility Test for lectureship is conducted twice a year by UGC:

In the month of June
In the month of December

The first NET 2011 is going to be held on 26th of June.
The upcoming NET will be conducted in the month of December this year and the notification for the same has not been yet published by UGC.

As far as eligibility for the exam is concerned, you must have score 55% in the masters degree examination conducted by a recognized board.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category are eligible with a minimum of 50% in the same.

55% marks in the masters degree examination is mandatory for candidates belonging to general and OBC category.

For Complete information, refer to ugcnetonline.in
11th March 2012, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

any mark concession are given to OBC in SET exam?
28th March 2012, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

my DOB is 21-07-1980 and OBC, can i attempt the net exam till june 2013?
19th October 2012, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Is a candidate having 54% mark in MBA distance education in Bharathiyar University eligible for NET exam?
19th October 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

is a obc student having 54% mark in bharathiyar university distance education is eligible for net examination?
1st January 2013, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

when wil b the next net exam?what i have to prepare?
2nd January 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

complete procedure of net/set msc zoology
31st January 2014, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my Masters from Distance Education R.B.U...I belong to O.B.C.(A) category..I scored 50% in Masters..My subject is English.can I sit for Net or Set??
27th February 2014, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligiblity criteria?I have got 50% matks in10th class 55% marks in 12th class and 68% marks in bca
26th October 2014, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my PG with 50% in 1991. Iam a OBC candidate. Can appear UGC NET exam?

[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?